Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
To follow up lightly on the previous pianotalk, this is Sburban Jungle done pretty well on Piano. It's got a little more going on than the sheet music, but I think it's really cool to see just how goddamned much is going on in that song. I have no idea how people write music with four concurrent audio tracks like that, I can barely even do one when I'm even in a creative mood, which is rare. It's also really cool to actually visually see the change in pacing right around the 1:40 mark - the link is to like 1:35 and you can see how they're really going at it on all four hands, then big chords, then three of the hands pop off into the air so the one right hand can tap those single, lone notes halfway through the song. I would legitimately love to see it played live as a duet, it's definitely written like one. And on some grand pianos, because I'll be damned if there's anything that doesn't sound better when it's live on grand pianos.

I've like never listened to any Homestuck music other than what's in the flashes. Thread has had music chat, but I don't think music chat with links has ever happened. People should link their favorites! Youtube autoplayed to Flare after the piano duet arrangement of Sburban Jungle, and I'm really digging it for how it's kind of dark feeling and atmospheric.

Magres fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ammat The Ankh posted:

i ship toxxoxx

also if you didn't like trickster modo kill yourself

Please call us Noughts and Crosses, tia

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Magres posted:

And on some grand pianos, because I'll be damned if there's anything that doesn't sound better when it's live on grand pianos.
Pictures at an Exhibition. (ducks, runs)

Don't miss Symphony Impossible To Play, which is a symphony on all the big Homestuck themes.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Burkion posted:

And all of the loving arms

well, if trickster mode became canon...

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

well, i finished the homestuck

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tunicate posted:

well, if trickster mode became canon...

Please don't post your fetish art in the thread.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Toxxupation posted:

well, i finished the homestuck

And

Buddy

Thoughts

On Equius

And also Nepeta?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Arsenic Lupin posted:

also trickster mode is unreadable bite me hussie and anybody who disagrees

And so it was that Arsenic Lupin was bitten to death.

Oxxidation posted:

Please call us Noughts and Crosses, tia

I don't think you get to make your own ship name. It must be thrust upon you, like fame, or heroism, or those loving nightclub flyers nobody ever reads

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
but dont you want to know about the best club in town bro

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Renaissance Robot posted:

And so it was that Arsenic Lupin was bitten to death.

I hope that you will remember me fondly and incorrectly, in homage to my contributions to this thread.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I hope that you will remember me fondly and incorrectly, in homage to my contributions to this thread.

Arse Nick Lupin was the greatest man any of us will ever know.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

with some hours divorced from it, I gotta say Act 6 Acts 1-3 were some terrible, awful, awful horseshit

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

If it was anyone else but Toxx I would be surprised that he has absolutely nothing good to say about any alpha kid except from Roxy.
But since this is Toxx first, and a person who hates Calliope second, I am not surprised.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

paradoxGentleman posted:

If it was anyone else but Toxx I would be surprised that he has absolutely nothing good to say about any alpha kid except from Roxy.
But since this is Toxx first, and a person who hates Calliope second, I am not surprised.

actually, youre wrong

I tolerate and even like Dirk sometimes now, after the horridness of hot volcano makeouts he did a lot to improve himself, starting with his heart-to-heart on his god tier bed and ending with that awesome skyscraper convo between him and Dave

Jane is nothing, and always has been nothing, and she's worthless in virtually every way, but at worst she's unsweetened oatmeal bland and she was admittedly kinda cool when mind-controlled

actually, I'll admit that her whole trollsona thing was kind of adorable, plus she enabled Trickster Mode aka the best part of this webcomic

Jake is the only one who i regard as iredeemably terrible

Secondly. calliope. She's a lot better now and was actually pretty likable after she died, but i disliked (never hated) Calliope in Act 6 acts 1-3 where she's a boring exposition "tee hee i know more than you" plot device, which just reinforces my point. about Act 6 Acts 1-3 bein terrible

but I guess I shouldn't expect anything other than zealous overdefensiveness from a dude with a literal Homestuck username and avatar so, yeah. whatever

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 8, 2015

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

That avatar was purchased for me by someone who felt that my opinion was wrong enough that they felt they owed it to themselves and the rest of the forum to spend 9.95 $ to punish me.

If you feel like my opinions are similarly out of line, feel free to get me a new avatar.

I have no defense for the username though. I like it.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Also: big talk from someone who is banned from half the threads in TVIV because he is just that obnoxious.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

paradoxGentleman posted:

Also: big talk from someone who is banned from half the threads in TVIV because he is just that obnoxious.

Toxx is bad everywhere and you're the worst poster in this thread so both of you shut up.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

Toxx is bad everywhere and you're the worst poster in this thread so both of you shut up.

Look I know I just had a fight with your bro but that was uncalled for

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
lotta stones getting thrown for anyone posting in the home stuck thread

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i always end up reading those club fliers because im hopelessly polite

oh word, Splines Muldoon is playing the Disused Meat-packing Plant Ballroom on the 23rd? thats awesome, man, thanks for the heads up

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

paradoxGentleman posted:

Look I know I just had a fight with your bro but that was uncalled for

I don't think I've ever fought with you before, but you should definitely poo poo the gently caress up and not drag cross-forum drama into this thread for the sole purpose of getting the weakest of burns on someone.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Who What Now posted:

I don't think I've ever fought with you before, but you should definitely poo poo the gently caress up and not drag cross-forum drama into this thread for the sole purpose of getting the weakest of burns on someone.

Fair enough.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

i always end up reading those club fliers because im hopelessly polite

oh word, Splines Muldoon is playing the Disused Meat-packing Plant Ballroom on the 23rd? thats awesome, man, thanks for the heads up

Toxx is bad everywhere and you're the best poster in this thread so never stop.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
So is this natural or is this just because the Omegapause is driving us mad?

It's hard to tell with such high levels of background shitposting.

(I am including myself of course)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Classtoise posted:

So is this natural or is this just because the Omegapause is driving us mad?

It's hard to tell with such high levels of background shitposting.

(I am including myself of course)

It's the same as it's ever been. We just don't have anything to distract us right now.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I think jake will be better once he comes out of his funk and gets some character development, like dirk and jane who are pretty blah except as reflections of their alt-universe selves, when jake gets a chance to interact with Jade I think some neat stuff could happen, hopefully

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
We don't even have Pause Details yet.

Jape will never be good, stop deluding yourselves.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Joke is the worst and will always be the worst. At least the Amporas are fun to hate.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Joke is the worst and will always be the worst. At least the Amporas are fun to hate.
Jake being depressed makes me depressed. Terezi being depressed only doubles her awesomeness.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

When deprived of fresh updates for their threads, goons rapidly go feral. Desperate for content, some of them turn to fanfic, but because they are not practiced at its creation, it's even worse than the normal kind.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bongo Bill posted:

When deprived of fresh updates for their threads, goons rapidly go feral. Desperate for content, some of them turn to fanfic, but because they are not practiced at its creation, it's even worse than the normal kind.

Yeah, I'd agree that this meta-fanfiction about the thread is pretty bad.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
can i get a thread poster tier list

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Death Bot posted:

yes, please give the poster named 'death bot' a tiered list

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Death Bot posted:

I'm some where on the list.

There you go.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

AriadneThread posted:

yes, please give the poster named 'death bot' a tiered list

Posters death bot should not kill

Who What Now

Posters who it doesn't matter if death bot wants to kill if he wants to I guess

Everyone else

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

Bongo Bill posted:

Dave learns that far more can happen when you're stuck three years on a meteor than could possibly be expected. m/m Davkat Rossee mpreg incomplete

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Death Bot posted:

or even a posts in thread list

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

realtalk tho Ammat The Ankh knows what up

Dolash does the best effortposts

the rest of us are garbage, hope this helps

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
I'm funny and smart and cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i refuse to accept a world in which i am not the worst poster in this, the homestuck thread