Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

gently caress me there are some dumb cunts out there.

Going home I have to ride down an on-ramp where two lanes merge into one, then about 50m later that lane merges with the motorway. Lo and behold this dumb gently caress in a hiace in front of me decides he's going to play merge-chicken with a fully loaded 18 wheeler (which was in front of him anyway). Surprise, surprise, he's forced up onto the traffic island thingy when the truck driver doesn't even see him, let alone make any effort to accommodate his dumbshittery. Then, in apparent outrage, he decides to change lanes, speed up, swerve back into the slow lane and brake check a loving freightliner. In torrential rain. At 5pm. On the busiest motorway in the country.

My first warning of this was the trailer's rear tyres locking up in a massive cloud of smoke; luckily I was being a good boy and maintaining proper following distance. But lo! Thirty seconds later he decides to brake check the truck again. At this point I swerved into the brake down lane and unfurled a whoooole lotta finger going past the van.

Fuckhead.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'm willing to bet a big part of the car ownership disparity is simply that an awful lot of Gen Z or whatever you want to call them are still living with their parents. This isn't a drat ETERNAL CHILDREN thing, it's that's just how hosed the post-07 economy is (and I suppose might contribute to that eternal children thing).

My 19yo sister-in-law decided that the best thing to spend the two grand she saved from her first job was a samsung with the wrap-around screen thingy. She has no car and no license and her mother has to drop her at work. I don't understand and it makes me feel old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Marxalot posted:

- "A bloo bloo, people making <20/hr don't want a $500 payment on some ugly rear end overpriced SUV crossover for the next 5-7 years" - Sincerely, GM.

The reason I own a bike. Also because I have nowhere to keep a car.

Also I suck hardcore at city parking, being able to dump the bike almost wherever is a lifesaver.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Marxalot posted:

Where do you live that driver's licenses aren't a thing that everyone (who didn't just get a DUI) have?

I don't have a driver's license to drive a car! :ssh: I'm one of the very few but still!

... I should get one, buying stuff that's not groceries sucks without a car.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Moving furniture is what friends are for.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Renaissance Robot posted:

Moving furniture is what friends are for.

As Rich Hall said, a friend will help you move a couch, a good friend will help you move a body.

This makes me worry as I'm one of the few people in my circle of friends with a driving license.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Slavvy posted:

merge-chicken

This is the turn of phrase I've been after to describe what I thought was a local sport. I mean it's inevitable and universal in a dense/crawling traffic situation, but I've had people intentionally try to body check me into a wall at speed when we've only just met. Never with a bike though--yay, physics.

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Where do you live? Do you have normal amenities, like a fridge and white skin?

goddamnedtwisto posted:

So a pretty mundane bit of driver stupidity, but gently caress me the horn on the Monster is pathetic even by bike standards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dubc5trvvK0

That head-shake like, "Bitch doesn't even know what she did..."

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Where do you live? Do you have normal amenities, like a fridge and white skin?

Radbot posted:

It's reliable, and it pisses off motorcycle enthusiasts on the Internet. It's pretty much everything I need in a bike.

I actually think they're beautiful...if a bit limited in performance. They also sound nice.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Marv Hushman posted:

This is the turn of phrase I've been after to describe what I thought was a local sport. I mean it's inevitable and universal in a dense/crawling traffic situation, but I've had people intentionally try to body check me into a wall at speed when we've only just met. Never with a bike though--yay, physics.

Someone did this to one of our semis at work. Turns out a sedan really can fit under a 130bbl vacuum trailer if you just ~believe~.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
Sounds like yesterday.

I was in the left lane, in pretty heavy traffic. It was just a bit better than stop and go. I noticed something weird happening to my right, and turned to see a guy in a sedan just veer over from the far-right lane to right in front of (nearly into) me. I saw him in time and stopped, and laid on the horn for a good 20 seconds. Guy never even twitched. We drove for about 100 feet more and then he decided he needed to be in the far-right lane, so he repeated his maneuver, nearly smacking into the car that was RIGHT beside him.

People, stop giving Grandpa the keys. Do not let him drive.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Lynza posted:

Sounds like yesterday.

I was in the left lane, in pretty heavy traffic. It was just a bit better than stop and go. I noticed something weird happening to my right, and turned to see a guy in a sedan just veer over from the far-right lane to right in front of (nearly into) me. I saw him in time and stopped, and laid on the horn for a good 20 seconds. Guy never even twitched. We drove for about 100 feet more and then he decided he needed to be in the far-right lane, so he repeated his maneuver, nearly smacking into the car that was RIGHT beside him.

People, stop giving Grandpa the keys. Do not let him drive.

Nice thing about hearing aids - just turn em down and you never have to listen to anyone honking at you.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
yeah but who wants audio immune deficiency syndrome

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

EX250 Type R posted:

yeah but who wants audio immune deficiency syndrome

Hahaha

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Let alone in their ear.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
So if it isn't cool to anthropomorphize your motorcycle, is it ok to equestropomorphize it?

I am pretty sure the Uly is legit Criollo.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Somehow that's weirder.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That is not ok

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
On what grounds?

FYI its name is Mancha.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

clutchpuck posted:

So if it isn't cool to anthropomorphize your motorcycle, is it ok to equestropomorphize it?

I am pretty sure the Uly is legit Criollo.

Gonna call it your steed now?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I make my bike go faster by squeezing the bodywork just above the footpegs.

On open straightaways it guns it without me telling it to and won't stop unless I yank the handlebars back hard enough to nearly fall off.

Every time we pass a petrol station it'll pull in all by itself and start filling up, even though it just had some gas like two minutes ago.

Occasionally when I tell it to go it won't, and after more coaxing will actually start going backwards.

:horse:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Also the saddle is at least five feet off the ground for some reason.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Quixotic Gaucho on a Mule Ulysses.

Shits everywhere.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

I make my bike go faster by squeezing the bodywork just above the footpegs.

I also squeeze the frame when I ride fast.

On open straightaways it guns it without me telling it to and won't stop unless I yank the handlebars back hard enough to nearly fall off.

Occasionally when I tell it to go it won't, and after more coaxing will actually start going backwards.

You must be familiar with Buells then.

Every time we pass a petrol station it'll pull in all by itself and start filling up, even though it just had some gas like two minutes ago.

You mustn't be familiar with Criollos though.

Also the saddle is at least five feet off the ground for some reason.

ADVRider.com

Slavvy posted:

Shits everywhere.

Crankcase breather bypass-to-atmo: check.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

clutchpuck posted:

You mustn't be familiar with Criollos though.

Only crappy trail horses. I know they're trained to ignore everything you tell them so that idiot tourists don't hurt themselves, but still.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Great now all I have in my head is "ON A STEEEEEEEEL HORSE I RIDE" and I think I might have to kill myself.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Annnd my job here is done.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Great now all I have in my head is "ON A STEEEEEEEEL HORSE I RIDE" and I think I might have to kill myself.

gently caress you for sharing this. gently caress you and gently caress bon jovi.

clutchpuck posted:

Annnd my job here is done.

And gently caress you, and the horse you rode in on!

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
He had one blue eye that was clear like the rain, but the horse I rode in on felt none of my pain.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Say, BIlly, have you ever been through the desert?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

This is the best motorcycle song ever.

Edit
Second best. My mistake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isj0oBjfrxE

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 27, 2015

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
My wife would tell you this is it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG-UHgfTrU4

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 27, 2015

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Nope. gently caress anyone who "drives" a motorcycle.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I wish my internet skills were good enough to find that 90's Croatian pop song where the balding middle-aged fat guy dances on the roof of a Yugo singing about his Kawasaki.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Slavvy posted:

I wish my internet skills were good enough to find that 90's Croatian pop song where the balding middle-aged fat guy dances on the roof of a Yugo singing about his Kawasaki.

I would be very happy if someone found it

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seS2lp7WFbU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Chris Knight posted:

Say, BIlly, have you ever been through the desert?

Dude I made a Shirley joke around young 20s co workers and none of them knew what I was talking about.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

poo poo man Macklemore has come a long ways since his early career.

Also turn signal on in that first shot made me lol.

Oh god motorcycle music videos are the best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nztgo-dEFgU

Also I'm sad the original video for this is apparently lost to the internet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyMNxzf5AXw

Z3n fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 27, 2015

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

God bless you clutch. Truly the greatest video. The guy's last name roughly means 'masterful' and the opening lines are 'a japanese machine/500 cubes'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I enjoy the drunk grandpa dance at 37s