Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KFJ
Nov 7, 2009

Droyer posted:

The tubing will destroy your fingers. Prepare yourself

The GM already did when I realized I forgot to put polycaps in the feet :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Occasionally I still feel the pain from when I did the tubing on my MG Zaku II 2.0.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

closeted republican posted:

Occasionally I still feel the pain from when I did the tubing on my MG Zaku II 2.0.

My fingerprints look notably different pre- and post zaku ii

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I'm getting sympathy pains just thinking about it.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I eventually plan on buying a Gouf 2.0 and Johnny Ridden Zaku II 2.0 sometime down the line, so I get to do even more Zaku II 2.0 tubing eventually. My thumb can already feel the pain. :suicide:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Federation supremacy. :v:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Re: box sizes, MG Deathscythe Hell's box is signficantly bigger than normal too.

Oh god my thumbs the MG Zaku II is laughing at me.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

My only regret is not buying more.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think it's hilarious and great that 7-11 has its own edition of gunpla.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I think it's hilarious and great that 7-11 has its own edition of gunpla.

7-11 is understandable.

ANA having their own line though is just strange

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Apparently there's been 3 MG announced, a Hyaku Shiki variant, Amazing Exia and V2 Gundam, along with an RG of Wing Ver Ka :v:

e: Fixed the wrong URL for the V2 gundam link

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Sep 15, 2015

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU

There's likely going to be weight issues with the wings and the rifle but who cares a 1/144 scale Ver Ka Wing Gundam!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
There's no way that Hyaku-Shiki is anything but a P-Bandai exclusive, right?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
If there's any justice in the world with the MG Jesta Cannon being P-Bandai that one will be too.

Knowing Bandai though? :v:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
The Amazing Exia has "P-Bandai" written all over it as well.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I hope it's legit because that V2 looks miles better than the HG.

And yeah, after they took the time to make the Hyaku Shiki 2.0 and the Exia Dark Matter, it would have been kind of weird if they didn't also spring for the obvious variants. They're definitely going to be P-Bandai though.

EDIT: Although to be honest, they have a track record of double releases as far as MG Build Fighters is concerned, and both of those are pretty :effort: as far as releases go. So if they straight up had nothing that month and had to push out something, those could possibly be general release.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 15, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Maybe RG Wing Ver Ka can actually hold it's rifle, unlike the MG.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Maybe RG Wing Ver Ka can actually hold it's rifle, unlike the MG.

Mine holds its Twin Busters upright just fine.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Unless your Wing vKa/EW is in fact the Wing Zero vEW, I somehow doubt that.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Sounds like 2 P-Bandai kits and our December MG. :toot:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Holy poo poo, a Master Grade V2. It's actually happening. :unsmith:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
God, I wish they'd match up this Victory goodness with some updated Zanscare suits.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I am not believing a god drat word of their being an mg v2 until I have the box in my grubby hands.

I've been disappointed too many times. :(.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I know someone who built an MG Acguy pretty recently and was very, very impressed with all of the little gimmicks.

Everyone should build one because he is cute and awesome. I also wouldn't mind a 2.0 version of it since the kit is like 15 years old now.

e:

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

7-11 is understandable.

When I toured Japan last year, there were a ridiculous amount of 7-11s. It seemed to be the primary corner store of the country.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Hit up Samueldecal. He makes customs, and he has preview photos on his website.

Excellent.

I feel like I've been needing some because of how goddamned bare the HG Gelgoog(+cannon) kit seems.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

gently caress you give us Zaku Amazing! :argh:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

Unless your Wing vKa/EW is in fact the Wing Zero vEW, I somehow doubt that.

I just saw the reveal. Most of a year wondering if we're gonna see another Endless Waltz RG and it's the other Wing Gundam :allears:.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

ActionZero posted:

One day they'll do MG V2 Assault Buster.

One day.

Is this real life or am I squealing like a little girl for no reason?

(I know I said Assault Buster but I'll take it)

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ActionZero posted:

Is this real life or am I squealing like a little girl for no reason?

(I know I said Assault Buster but I'll take it)

if the v2 happens I am 100% certain that the assault buster will be a p-bandai exclusive.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

V2 is cool suit and I hope modern MG engineering will be able to make a V2 kit that isn't super fragile.

KFJ
Nov 7, 2009
Okay, so I just started on my MG Zaku and it's all going really well until the tubing. Am I supposed to pull off each little tube bit onto the central tube? How?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

KFJ posted:

Okay, so I just started on my MG Zaku and it's all going really well until the tubing. Am I supposed to pull off each little tube bit onto the central tube? How?

Droyer posted:

The tubing will destroy your fingers. Prepare yourself

Edit: But seriously, yes you are.

KFJ
Nov 7, 2009

Droyer posted:

Edit: But seriously, yes you are.

My life is pain

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
When building my J-type Zaku II, I used a hobby knife to kind of whittle down the bit that the 'collars' start on. Even taking off a little helped a bunch.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

If there's a P-Bandai Wings of Light addon for MG V2, I'm gonna have to find somewhere to buy P-Bandai.

KFJ
Nov 7, 2009

Lock Knight posted:

When building my J-type Zaku II, I used a hobby knife to kind of whittle down the bit that the 'collars' start on. Even taking off a little helped a bunch.

Yeah, that's what I wound up doing, but getting the pieces to move off their places was still a bit of a pain. I've stopped building it for now so my thumbs can rest.

Couple of questions - I've googled "What compressor to get with an airbrush" and I always get different answers, from thousand dollar compressors to compressors that cost 150$. Nobody agrees on it, apparently! I'd like to get a relatively low profile setup and the Iwata Ninja Jet looks tiny although I've heard a thousand different opinions on that, too. So what should I get that won't absolutely break the bank and take up half my house?

Oh, and one question on sanding models - Will a matte topcoat cover up the sandmarks and make it all uniform? Do you think Army Painter matte varnish would be fine? It's the only brand I've been able to find here for some reason.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Monaghan posted:

if the v2 happens I am 100% certain that the assault buster will be a p-bandai exclusive.

To be honest they're more likely to release MG V2 AB separately (they've done it with every other release of the V2), but if they do make it P-Bandai it's going to be the Buster parts only. There's too much poo poo going on with the Assault for a legitimate MG of it to be cost affordable as a web-exclusive unless they really barebones it.

The WoL are totally gonna be P-Bandai though!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Heads up, Barnes and Noble has the HG Fenice on clearance for half off.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

7-11 is understandable.

ANA's Unicorn Gundam looks gorgeous, so I'm OK with the strangeness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Does anyone know a good gloss coat that alcohol won't eat right through? I tried Testors and it was a bit of a disaster.