Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

chumbler posted:

It got two more chapters today.

What is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

What is this?

Poor girl wears her brother's hand-me-down uniform, people think she's a boy, hijinks ensue when both boys and girls find her attractive.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
I recognize the style as being Wakabayashi Toshiya's from the Confession 4-koma collections. It looks like it's a thing called Boku wa Ohime-sama ni Narenai?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thank you.

If people post random pages of stuff can they say what they are as well, please?

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Sekine-kun no Koi got updated a little while ago.

A pretty well done side chapter! The lack of dialogue was cool. Now if only the series updated more often...

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Well apparently its done in japan so just a last volume stretch to finish I predict 6 months.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Couple new chapters of Tomo Chan wa Onna no Ko.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

You... you do realize that Tomo-chan updates daily, right?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I was going to say, I felt robbed when it was just the daily updates as normal.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

It's time for some children's card games!

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Tarezax posted:

I only ever bother to check poo poo when people post about it so they doin me a service.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
They used to do a batch of 10 and upload that at one, which was cool. But the daily is nice

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Tarezax posted:

Nope. Figured it was weekly, like everything else I read.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

The old weekly one pager

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

BattleCattle posted:

Nope. Figured it was weekly, like everything else I read.
another one came out an hour ago, by the way

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I get it, shouldn't have said anything. My bad. Move on.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Man, really shooting yourself in the foot there Tomo.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gnossiennes posted:

I give it as much hope as i do Stretch.

This is sort of like progress, right?

A HUG!

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

this is progress, yes :allears:

A long time back, I started reading Real Clothes (like, the first few chapters), and then stopped. I finally started it again, and I'm so glad I did. Real Clothes is good.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

While I like his stuff like that, Tamen de Gushi, and Mosspaca, Old Xian has like six or so faces and all his comics just seem to be swapping genders around and hooking them up.

edit: real clothes is pro manga reading.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tan Jiu does Tamen de Gushi. The cover for 19 Days being a callout to TdG's cover is pretty cute though.

Just ran across this timeline for 19 Days that makes the earlier stuff fit better. I really wasn't sure how much of the early stuff was part of the overall plot since it seemed kinda disjointed, more like one-off scenes, but if random tumblr person is right with that there isn't much point in expecting much to happen til it goes back to the present.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Sep 19, 2015

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Everything Burrito posted:

Tan Jiu does Tamen de Gushi. The cover for 19 Days being a callout to TdG's cover is pretty cute though.

I thought tan jiu wrote it and ox did the art, since his only other work that doesn't involve old xian looks nothing like any of the other stuff?

Either way, it's all the same characters.

edit: I don't really mind as much as it seems, since all of them are adorable.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't seen Old Xian credited for it anywhere but tbh I haven't read TdG yet so I don't really know what the art looks like.

I looked at some panels from The Specific Heat Capacity of Love and it looks amazing but based on the plot summary it will crush my soul so I haven't been able to read it.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

mosspaca

tdg

I could find better examples, but I'm not trying to reread both of these things right now (which will happen if I go any further).

but ox is credited on Kissmanga but not bato. I don't know what to believe anymore.

edit: I could have cheated and had the one chapter where they had the two mc's from tdm in mosspaca as video game characters playing generals during a war, but I figured that'd be cheating.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's funny/interesting how the world of Wizard's Soul is identical to our world except being good at this Magic the Gathering clone (that literally everyone plays) is treated like some mix of being a totally awesome mathematician/engineer/athelete and even influences your GPA in school.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

thats every sport show

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Is there a secret resource with good, completed mangas centered around interpersonal relationships (either romance or just super-friends)?

My perfect dream manga I'm picturing would be like, Bonnouji +Tamen de gushi + Angel Densetsu + Ore monogatari, and like 80-120 chapters, and complete. All I find when I start looking through the sites I know are endless repetition of tropes and new characters introduced for conflict, and it's just not doing it for me any more. I have no idea how to sift out the gems from the crap :(

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

You ask here, friend. I'm phone posting but I'll name names once I'm home

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh right i made a post

let's go with Orange Yane no Chiisana Ie

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Has anyone read Shishunki Bitter Change? It's a gender bending/bodyswap manga about a boy and a girl who swap bodies accidentally when they're children and have to grow up "protecting" each other's bodies and social lives. The characters are nuanced and the drama is fairly subtle, and it manages to be about gender and sexuality without being sexualized. As far as interesting gender bending manga are concerned, from what I've seen there's this one and there's Boku wa Mari ni Naka but I'd love to know about any others.

Kaelan Zero
Nov 30, 2004

smut

Cephas posted:

Has anyone read Shishunki Bitter Change? It's a gender bending/bodyswap manga about a boy and a girl who swap bodies accidentally when they're children and have to grow up "protecting" each other's bodies and social lives. The characters are nuanced and the drama is fairly subtle, and it manages to be about gender and sexuality without being sexualized. As far as interesting gender bending manga are concerned, from what I've seen there's this one and there's Boku wa Mari ni Naka but I'd love to know about any others.
Shishunki is probably the best thing I've seen in this category. It's dark if you think deeply enough about the implications of the story/setting but the author manages to keep the overall tone somewhat light. I'm curious to see where it goes, since it's a retelling of an old webcomic that reportedly had a very, very dark ending. At this point Shishunki is wandering off into uncharted territory because the timeline is so long - even if the characters switch back that's not necessarily a happy ending.

This warning was shared previously in the thread, but if you read Shishunki, be aware that the T/L group doing most of the chapters puts vile garbage into some of the end-of-chapter pages.

I'm not sure Mari is actually in this category! It is interesting, though.

Stuff loosely in this category... Kanojo ni Naru Hi and Kanojo ni Naru Hi Another are interesting, you might like them.
Himegoto - Juukyuusai no Seifuku might qualify but it's really dark so don't give that one a look unless you're prepared for some bad feelings.

There's also Boku Girl. It's depraved, funny, and unpredictable. If you're human garbage like me you'll probably enjoy it. It takes all the genre tropes and lights them on fire. The author is an incredible troll.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
NEW INARIIIIIIII

http://bato.to/read/_/344864/inari-konkon-koi-iroha_v9_ch45_by_argle-bargle-scans

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Kaelan Zero posted:

There's also Boku Girl. It's depraved, funny, and unpredictable. If you're human garbage like me you'll probably enjoy it. It takes all the genre tropes and lights them on fire. The author is an incredible troll.

I read the first two chapters of boku girl like ages ago and never bothered to continue it, but I am depraved human garbage so maybe I'll give it another chance. Is there a certain point where I should just say gently caress it if it doesn't grab me, or does it get great at a certain point?

Kaelan Zero
Nov 30, 2004

smut

Leper Residue posted:

I read the first two chapters of boku girl like ages ago and never bothered to continue it, but I am depraved human garbage so maybe I'll give it another chance. Is there a certain point where I should just say gently caress it if it doesn't grab me, or does it get great at a certain point?
It starts getting more interesting around... chapter 7 or so, and the romance stuff ramps up by around chapter 16. It gets much better as the cast grows because the author starts adding nodes to the love triangle and coming up with weird plot twists every chapter or two.

EDIT: Oh yeah, a fairly good romance manga in this general category is Ame Nochi Hare, about some boys who switch genders when it rains. Cute and mostly serious, the characters are interesting.

Kaelan Zero fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Sep 20, 2015

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Kaelan Zero posted:

It starts getting more interesting around... chapter 7 or so, and the romance stuff ramps up by around chapter 16. It gets much better as the cast grows because the author starts adding nodes to the love triangle and coming up with weird plot twists every chapter or two.

Ahahahaha.

I started rereading it, got to 3 and was wondering why I was reading this. Guess I'll just go to 20 and see how it is, I know I've spent time on far far worse (I'm loving looking at you Gakuen alice). That page gives me hope.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

How many chapters are left after this?

I hope there's a happy ending, but Japanese media has a notorious affinity for bittersweet endings :ohdear:

Edit new fujiyama, just as adorable as ever. And the fanservice even made sense for once because boy howdy if there's one thing munchkins like doing when climbing all over you, it's pulling your shirt over your face so you can't see.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Fujiyama-san-wa-Shishunki/Vol-007-Ch-052--Throwing-Beans-with-Fujiyama-san-?id=241965#21

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Sep 20, 2015

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

:ohdear:

The scenes with Touka and Uka were super :3: at the expense of everything else that happened in that chapter... I want them to be happy and cute together, but not like this!

I know it's really close to the ending at least, so hopefully it resolved well.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

!!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

has anyone read Corseltel no Ryuujitsushi Monogatari? looks like a cute josei thing and its just got its first update in 2 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i've discovered the ultimate mix of shoujo tropes:

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/bambi-to-dhole-r16396

it has
-delinquent boy
-kid being raised by the delinquent (he's the father, possibly)
-the mc is adopted
-the mc is the class monitor
-the mc is also a secret delinquent??
-the mc already has a boyfriend??????