Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The real question here is why we don't have prisons you can take a family to for a visit to see the inmates.

Oh wait, yeah, bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Sleeveless posted:

"Preyda"? I've read enough webcomics to know where this is going... :mrgw:

Looking at it now I think her hair is falling over her face, but at first it looked like a provocatively posed gazelle whose head had been sliced open and her skull extracted.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Peanut President posted:

Allow me to point out inaccuracies in this movie about talking animals, furthermore

They talk!?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

The talking comes before the loving

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Fayez Butts posted:

The talking comes before the loving

Of course, these animals are civilised.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The MSJ posted:

You have summoned the furries, that's what.

I know it's probably me, and I'm probably preaching to the choir, but I got the feeling that this is going to bomb. Not "I hope it's going to bomb" but "is going to bomb". It feels too sophisticated to be a children's cartoon but too safe for something that would be aimed for adults (be they furries or just normal folks). I'm getting Disney's Robin Hood vibes from it and that wasn't that much of an earthshaker. Or a more family-friendly version of those awful Mio Energy ads from a few years back.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Are you kidding? It's animals doing funny animal things in a particularly inoffensive way. It sells like hotcakes and has for, I'm gonna guess, centuries now. Plus it's Disney, it's been test marketed and rewritten and test marketed again and vice versa until a hole in their release schedule needs to be filled. Unless society at large has caught onto furries being an incidental sex cult over the next several months, it'll do fine.

Edit: Whether or not is good, or high minded, is secondary to if soccer mom's will take their kids to it and laugh every 4.76 minutes until it gets sad.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Disney is pretty bad at marketing their animated movies as of late but it's kind of worrying that almost nothing about the actual plot and characters aside from the fact that the protagonists are a criminal fox and a policy bunny has been shown in favor of every trailer and poster so far being entirely about the fact that it's a world where animals are people; even in that poster the protagonists just get the back of their heads squashed in the bottom of the frame while Zootopia itself is presented front and center as the star. Even this far from the release date of Wreck-It Ralph or Frozen with only the first teaser trailer out we had a basic idea of what the movie was about and who was in it beyond "videogame characters living in their own world" or "ice-themed princess movie".

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Young Freud posted:

I know it's probably me, and I'm probably preaching to the choir, but I got the feeling that this is going to bomb. Not "I hope it's going to bomb" but "is going to bomb". It feels too sophisticated to be a children's cartoon but too safe for something that would be aimed for adults (be they furries or just normal folks). I'm getting Disney's Robin Hood vibes from it and that wasn't that much of an earthshaker. Or a more family-friendly version of those awful Mio Energy ads from a few years back.

I'm getting a Bee Movie vibe.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lurdiak posted:

I'm getting a Bee Movie vibe.

Like I said, it's got that Bee Movie/Shark Tale feeling where it uses lovely puns to develop its setting without any thought as to if it makes sense.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The whole "suit and tie wearing, living in the big city, going to work" thing looks totally inappropriate if you're trying to get kids to care about your stupid lovely movie.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sleeveless posted:

criminal fox and policy bunny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1j-CBxlUFw

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Sleeveless posted:

Disney is pretty bad at marketing their animated movies as of late but it's kind of worrying that almost nothing about the actual plot and characters aside from the fact that the protagonists are a criminal fox and a policy bunny has been shown in favor of every trailer and poster so far being entirely about the fact that it's a world where animals are people; even in that poster the protagonists just get the back of their heads squashed in the bottom of the frame while Zootopia itself is presented front and center as the star. Even this far from the release date of Wreck-It Ralph or Frozen with only the first teaser trailer out we had a basic idea of what the movie was about and who was in it beyond "videogame characters living in their own world" or "ice-themed princess movie".

I don't know if the timing matches but I distinctly remember people kvetching that they had no idea what Frozen is about or whether it'll be a good movie when the first bits of marketing and the first teaser came out.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Rocky 7: Adrian's Revenge

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

I hope he fights Rocky's robot butler

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Remember the day that Russian beat your dad to death? I was there. I didn't stop it. I stood as your dad was beaten to death that day. And everyday I think of the day your dad got his rear end beat to death like a bitch and all I can think about is this grinder I had that day and how good it was but now the fuckin place is closed.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I do hope that comes up.

"You literally let my dad die and you had the power to stop it. Why didn't you?"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Mister Chief posted:

Rocky 7: Adrian's Revenge

Rocky 8: The Ghost Dimension

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

I do hope that comes up.

"You literally let my dad die and you had the power to stop it. Why didn't you?"

The answer being, of course, that several other people at that fight could have stopped it too but they needed to emphasize the personal conflict for later.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The "Your legacy is more than just a name" tagline is laying it on a bit thick.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jose Oquendo posted:

I do hope that comes up.

I enjoy that they're trying to add gravitas to the disgraceful way Apollo died.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
America doesn't throw in the towel, you clowns. Apollo died a hero.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Movie ends with Creed Jr. coming out to Andre 3000 covering 'Living in America', gets beaten to death by Alexander Ludwig as Steve Drago.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

I hope he fights Rocky's robot butler

The robot doesn't understand what's happening and keeps saying "Happy birthday, Paulie" while Creed cries and beats it to death.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

It's really crazy these last two Rocky movies theoretically take place in the same world as Robot Butler

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Codependent Poster posted:

The robot doesn't understand what's happening and keeps saying "Happy birthday, Paulie" while Creed cries and beats it to death.

Alternating between the normal robot voice and the sexy lady voice Paulie gave it with every blow.

Then the post-credit stinger is Rocky being approached by Paulie's cyborg bastard child he had with the robot.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Calico Heart posted:

It's really crazy these last two Rocky movies theoretically take place in the same world as Robot Butler

Yeah but it was so long ago, you know? Different world then.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Calico Heart posted:

HAPPYBIRTHDAYCALICO

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The three Rambo sequels exist in the same universe as the first film.

And John McClane, the idiot schlub loser who saved Nakatomi Tower with pure luck and determination surfed on an F-35 and fought a nuclear terrorist in Chernobyl with his CIA Agent son after leveling a portion of Moscow and a vast section of Washington D.C.

And Godfather 3 exists.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Don't forget Fast & Furious.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The MSJ posted:

You have summoned the furries, that's what.

One step closer to a Blacksad movie.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Calico Heart posted:

They should have a roomba in the background of one of the scenes.

marblize
Sep 6, 2015
I'm reading Men, Women, and Chainsaws, and I previously didn't know this movie existed, but I love this poster:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ms. 45 is loving amazing and possibly Ferrera's masterpiece. The bluray is beautiful and the soundtrack is so good I own it on vinyl. Definitely hunt it down if you haven't seen it and go in cold. It'll blow you away.

Also, that movie needs to end with a trailer for Rocky Five... THOUSAND.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

effectual posted:

They should have a roomba in the background of one of the scenes.

It's especially weird because in this super serious movie they're ganna talk about how the Evil Russian who represented All of Russia killed his dad.

I hope lil' Creed hates Russians.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It'd be pretty sweet if old man Ivan Drago showed up at some point.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Lurdiak posted:

It'd be pretty sweet if old man Ivan Drago showed up at some point.

Well if they follow the logic from the previous Rocky movies shouldn't Drago be an ally now?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Have 80 classic HD posters with the text removed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I'd actually never noticed this touch on the It Follows poster because of the text overlay. They may have added it themselves.