Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I will have that Horse, when are those out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Forget Wall-E this is what I'm talking about!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/115817

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

AllisonByProxy posted:

Forget Wall-E this is what I'm talking about!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/115817

Yeah, but once you build it you can't disassemble it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Amoeba102 posted:

Yeah, but once you build it you can't disassemble it.

Well done.

I feel like at this point we should have heard rumours about next year's modular. Maybe the GB Firehouse is taking its place..? :ohdear:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

Well done.

I feel like at this point we should have heard rumours about next year's modular. Maybe the GB Firehouse is taking its place..? :ohdear:

It is. The next modular is out in April/May now.

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:
Last night I finally pulled apart my Falcon microfighter, to see how far I could get on the flickr model, (or a version of!) using my existing parts...

turns out I have a lot more dark grey than light.

I think I did ok, but taking stock, there are a LOAD of parts I still need. not least a round corner plate for under the dish, and a bunch of 2x1 wedges for over the 'wheels'.
And the proper round parts for under the gun array...

Can't believe I didn't have any 1x6 smooth grey plates, either (every size/colour except what I need...)

in the absence of a blue hose for the engine glow, for now I've used trans blue plates/wedges

So that's my Mk.1.

Off to bricklink I suppose...

edit: have completely ignored that fact there was stud inversion for the underside of that flickr model, I'll leave that for my Mk.13 or so...

Fair Hallion fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Sep 22, 2015

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
That's awesome already, I never got round to doing mine on the weekend because my adult guests did not want to play legos with me.

(Full disclosure: I spent 60€ on Microfighters (2x Falcon, Tie, AT AT, X Wing, Star destroyer, Spider drone) to get a selection of parts because I was an idiot and gave most of my lego to my best friends nephews when I moved 6 years ago.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Captain Invictus posted:

lmao are those really red-skinned savages with mohawks

I think they're orcs or goblins or something... so pretty much the fantasy equivilent then I guess.

Also, the marketing speak in one of those images makes it very clear that these are boys sets for boys that boys will like because they're for boys. Which, whatever... but it means yet another line of nothing but more combat sets, combat vehicles and combat bases. Ideology aside, my biggest issue with this is that outside of City and non-themed stuff like Creator, so much of the "boys" stuff is so samey and all the non-combat building or support stuff seems to have been shunted off to the "girls" lines with a few exceptions (Aitjitsu Temple, Council of Elrond, can't honestly think of many others recently). My kid would love a orc town hall or an inn where the Nexo Knights hang out or something (as would I), but these sort of sets seem to be becoming increasingly rare.

I just scanned some past lines and sets on brickset and maybe I'm looking at the past through rose-tinted glasses. I just realy dislike the thematic division between "girls" and "boys" sets at the moment in a purely selfish non-ideological way (which isn't saying I don't have other issues with it as well) because it seems unsescesarily restricvtive in both directions and you end up in situations where there will be two fantasy lines: Elves and Nexo Knights that are completely incompatible in terms of look and style and minifigures, but could complement each other well in terms of what they focus on. There's an extent to which this is actually more restictive for boys who pretty much just get combat sets and I can't really tell the difference between those Nexo Knight sets, Chima and Ninjago after a point.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Sep 22, 2015

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

My friends daughter would love the new nexo knight sets. :shrug:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Bionicle, Ninjago, Chima they are all based on fighting. The sets not based off a license and non fighting like you said are City sets.
I generally dislike the trend of "toys" based on fighting (Pokemon, and all that other Japanese poo poo that is basically fighting pets) but especially with Lego.

The entire theme of warfare clashes with the creativity angle in my opinion. I love the new city submarine or the fire fighters because it is cool and kids should be interested in firefighters, trucks, police, astronauts and the sea.
Battling "knights" and stud shooters on everthing? No thanks.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
^^^^^ Agree 100%. I really miss space sets that would have an element of adventure, exploration or support. Now, even the smallest set has to have two factions in it so they can fight out of the box. The whole adventure thing just seems to be missing in action at the moment.

ijyt posted:

My friends daughter would love the new nexo knight sets. :shrug:

My son would love the various cafes and bakeries and the like you can get in lines like Friends and Elves... except in Chima, or another line where he's become invested in the story and characters. Even entirely removing gender from the equation, it feels like there are now pretty much just combat and non-combat themes, rather than having combat and non-combat sets within themes, which I'd prefer.

The thing is, at his age, something like Chima is so heavily marketed towards him that there is no way he's going to go into the store, and considering going for something that isn't the latest kitchen-sink fantasy sci-fi theme and as a result these are the only type of sets he can get within that theme.

For me this is best summed up by comparing the original Johnny Thunder desert adventure stuff and the more recent Pharoah's Quest line (which I still like and have every set from). In the original it was some adventurers, their vehicles and equipment and the tomb/ruin they were exploring. Some (but not all) would have traps, some (but not all) of those traps would be a some kind of critter or mummy. You end up with sets like this (http://brickset.com/sets/2879-1/Desert-Expedition) which has a gun and a scorpion and a skeleton, but the focus is clearly on the expidition aspect of it. The Pharoah's Quest line, on the other hand, every "location" had a big monster of some kind and usually mutltiple other adversaries and there was an eleborate back story between the lines. There were still hints at the whole adventure/expidition thing, but the focus had very clearly shifted towards the conflict between the heros (who there are a lot less of now because more minifigure slots are filled by the roster of "bad guys") and the "bad guys".

It's not the end of the world and I am aware that a big part of this shift was due to increased competition from action figures and the reality of it may be that the sort of lines/sets I miss simply don't sell, but eh, I miss them.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Sep 22, 2015

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Is there any difference between platforms for Lego Dimensions besides price? Why is it so much more expensive on current gen consoles?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Probably because the target audience for a 100$ base game plus infinite money for add on figurines has so much disposable income that they all have a new gen console.
Those who don't have a new one yet are unlikely to invest what amounts to a third of the cost for a brand new console in a game for their old one. I know I won't.

I know I will miss out on some cool minifigs but I will wait to see whether the game is any good to begin with and whether they go the way of Skylanders and you need a new base set and new figurines every other year.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
$100? I wish. It is far, far more expensive than that here. £95, equivalent to $147 after tax. It's only £72 on Wii U though so I am thinking of buying it on that if there's no real difference between the platforms.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
It 99.99 € across all consoles on Amazon.de, so 112 USD across the board.
Have they always used Apple pricing methods where they practically just exchange the symbol?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hopper posted:

It 99.99 € across all consoles on Amazon.de, so 112 USD across the board.
Have they always used Apple pricing methods where they practically just exchange the symbol?

I might end up buying it in the US to save costs.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 22, 2015

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.
Johnny Thunder always had the evil guy with a top hat and hook hand right? Aquazone's Aquanauts came out simultaneously with the Aquasharks. Granted they were never the same faction in a box, which is definitely a valid criticism of modern sets.

I wonder how Chima/Ninjago sold in comparison to Arctic Exploration. That may be part of the reason we are inundated with battle in a box.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

The_Doctor posted:

I might end up buying it in the US to save costs.

Make sure it's not region locked first.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Cloks posted:

Make sure it's not region locked first.

Xbox One games aren't region locked. :toot:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Just a head's up, but Costco appears to be carrying 6 of the Star Wars microfighters in packs of 3 for $24 each. I think they're the first or second series, but it's still a 20% discount.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Pyroclastic posted:

Just a head's up, but Costco appears to be carrying 6 of the Star Wars microfighters in packs of 3 for $24 each. I think they're the first or second series, but it's still a 20% discount.

Thanks, forgot to mention this. I picked up this set the other day it was the only one my Costco had.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
The rrp for dimensions starter packs here is 169 aud.

The packs are 30 40 and 50 bucks too i think.

We just got our shipment at work and the packaging of the character packs and play sets are tiny. This thing is going to be an asset protection nightmare.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Gravy Jones posted:

^^^^^ Agree 100%. I really miss space sets that would have an element of adventure, exploration or support. Now, even the smallest set has to have two factions in it so they can fight out of the box. The whole adventure thing just seems to be missing in action at the moment.

+ Other words.

I agree.

I'm just sad we';; probably never see more generic space themed things, because now that Lego has Star Wars, that is space.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Anora posted:

I agree.

I'm just sad we';; probably never see more generic space themed things, because now that Lego has Star Wars, that is space.

Sometimes we get weird one-offs like Alien Conquest and Galaxy Squad, which were rad as hell.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

rickiep00h posted:

Sometimes we get weird one-offs like Alien Conquest and Galaxy Squad, which were rad as hell.

Between those and the last Space Police line, Star Wars seems pretty boring in comparison.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Wall-E is now officially on sale @ shop.lego

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I'm guessing you mean in the US.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is this the fixed version?

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Built the Blue Power Jet a couple days ago. I have to say that that is an absolutely awesome build--the way the wings are built in particular surprised me. Also, it is actually minifig scale--I can hijack two of my Rebel pilots to put in it, and they fit perfectly, with helmets.

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

I'm fucking wild about KEYKEYs.
I didn't realize the minifigures have online codes now. Does anyone have kids that plays the game that would interested in my codes or should I just toss them in with the zombie cheerleader I am selling on ebay?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
To play that game you have to buy it first... it costs like 15 € or so, which is why I didn't check it out yet.Not sure whether it is like the Lego games but online or different...

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Note to UK shoppers: the C3P0 poly is out now. 4.99 or free with a Lego Star Wars spend of £15. However! TRU will not honour the free poly if you take advantage of their price match guarantee. I got the Grievous for £21 matched from Amazon but no poly. Heartless gits.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Is this in LEGO Stores too? A tiger, C-3PO, and 50 extra VIP points for buying a Slave I tomorrow would be pretty rad.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

ijyt posted:

Is this in LEGO Stores too? A tiger, C-3PO, and 50 extra VIP points for buying a Slave I tomorrow would be pretty rad.

I think it's a TRU exclusive. I could be wrong.

Fozzie Bear
Jun 4, 2000

Rockin' out at the god damn bank

Hopper posted:

To play that game you have to buy it first... it costs like 15 € or so, which is why I didn't check it out yet.Not sure whether it is like the Lego games but online or different...

I downloaded the game for free somehow, not illegally (that I know of), as I don't do the whole torrent thing. I know we input a few of the character codes, but the game was pretty blah from what I recall, my kids didn't really want to go back to playing it.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

obi_ant posted:

Is this the fixed version?

Local Lego Store told me it's the fixed version. I haven't ordered one yet though - waiting for someone else to get one and confirm.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Anyone done bricklink orders recently? Because I swear prices have gone up universally since the last one I put in (sometime last spring).

Usually it's not too hard to find shops that list common bricks around 10 cents per piece but I'm having a hell of a time finding anyone doing less than 20 cents per piece.

I don't consider my list of parts to be that special either.. it's mostly just light bluish grey wings and plates and stuff.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

At 20 cents per piece, you should definitely check out the direct from lego options, unless you want old stuff.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Just picked up the general grievous buildable figure. Looks badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Just happened to find Mixels Series 6 at Fred Meyer today, if anyone's interested. The green ones look kinda blah, but the purple and yellow ones have more interesting designs.