Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
GaoGaiGar's right hand man has arrived.

HAMMER CONNECT!!!

GOLDION...HAMMEEEEEEER!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

the good poo poo

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

boom boom boom posted:

Hey, remember how we were saying that we all should buy more Gunpla from American stores to convince Bandai that there's demand for it in America so maybe they'll let us buy the P-Bandai stuff? Well, I know at least one frequent poster in this threads who's gonna find that a lot easier now
(bottom right)

I already shop almost exclusively from Amazon and Model Grade. v:shobon:v

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TheManSeries posted:

My local Hobbytown has somehow been getting a lot of P-Bandai stuff lately.

One of the stores near me has what I'm pretty sure is the entire set of P-Bandai's current Gunpla offerings. Or at least most of it.

Zodar
May 21, 2007

Look at this beautiful mountain of bevelled plastic. I'm so excited. Somebody upthread compared Ippei Gyoubu to Izubuchi and I'm tempted to agree, I can't think of another working mecha designer who hits my aesthetic buttons like this guy

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
Hey at least your stores pose them. We have the same cabinet but the glass is empty.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
Is there a good place for webshop exclusives now that Yokatta is dead? There's a couple limited figuarts coming up that I want pretty bad.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Zodar posted:

Look at this beautiful mountain of bevelled plastic. I'm so excited. Somebody upthread compared Ippei Gyoubu to Izubuchi and I'm tempted to agree, I can't think of another working mecha designer who hits my aesthetic buttons like this guy

I want this fat frog robot so much.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Lobsterman posted:

Is there a good place for webshop exclusives now that Yokatta is dead? There's a couple limited figuarts coming up that I want pretty bad.

A combination of Amazon.jp and Tenso, maybe? Mandarake and eBay are also options, though you'll have to get lucky with the former and be a smart shopper with the latter.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lobsterman posted:

I've had good luck with these guys: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/

eBay too, of course.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Oh my gawd Barzam.
Try Fighters kinda called it

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The joke in that scene was that he was suggesting the girl build a Barzam kit, despite the fact that the Barzam is a terrible, near universally loathed MS.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...

Midjack posted:

I've had good luck with these guys: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/

eBay too, of course.

They seem to have what I want, thanks!

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

The joke in that scene was that he was suggesting the girl build a Barzam kit, despite the fact that the Barzam is a terrible, near universally loathed MS.

The Barzam has a good-sized following in Japan because of a pun related to its name and its silly design. One of the reason why I support an RE/100 Barzam is because of all the crazy gimmick kitbashes people will make with it.

I actually like the Barzam. :shobon:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It took like two weeks of decals, and longer than the build itself, but I finally finished the decal work on the Penelope. For as big as the original sheets were, now they're down to just shreds of a bunch of duplicates and whatever says Zerstorein. I easily put well over a thousand on this thing, Jesus Christ I need a break. You are now free to mock my obsessiveness.

And it's gonna get even worse with the deep striker :suicide:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It took like two weeks of decals, and longer than the build itself, but I finally finished the decal work on the Penelope. For as big as the original sheets were, now they're down to just shreds of a bunch of duplicates and whatever says Zerstorein. I easily put well over a thousand on this thing, Jesus Christ I need a break. You are now free to mock my obsessiveness.

That looks really nice, but seek help.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Go outside

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ignimbrite posted:

Go outside

I actually spent most of yesterday and today taking down trees and branches by means of trimmers and a chainsaw. :black101:

But with this finally done, I'm taking a long-rear end gunpla break, at least until next year. I did order that 3P MG Hazel, but I have like no motivation for anything else, after all the headaches and stress from this build. Even just an hour or two a day over a few weeks, it got taxing by the end.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

boom boom boom posted:

First I've heard of it. I quite like the Barzam too and I'm pretty glad it's finally getting a kit.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Ka0 posted:

Oh my gawd Barzam.
Try Fighters kinda called it

boom boom boom posted:

The other, crueler joke is the kit doesn't exist. Like the HG Turn X that also appeared.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

The other, crueler joke is the kit doesn't exist. Like the HG Turn X that also appeared.

Where is my HG WaDom, Bandai? Your children's cartoon promised me that it existed!

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Unsurprisingly, there's gonna be P-Bandai exclusive wings of light for the MG V2.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Man, how big would MG scale WoL even be? It's not like the Destiny where it can just be two thin pieces either, this thing would have to be thick enough to fit into the V2's Minovsky drives.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zodar posted:

I'm sorely tempted to track one down 'cause it reminds me of Bulkhead and I love the chunky look.

Now then, which Gunpla kit is closest to Starscream?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Zodar posted:

Obligatory Pepe :feelsgood:

But seriously though it looks weird and cool and I love the big hammer.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

But seriously though it looks weird and cool and I love the big hammer.

I feel like that, ideally, it should also have the mock army hammer in the other hand.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I dont see why it should need the hammer or gun at all since it looks like it has the Zock's mega particle guns built into the chest, it should be able to kill stuff just by bear hugging and then shotgunning them to death.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

I dont see why it should need the hammer or gun at all since it looks like it has the Zock's mega particle guns built into the chest, it should be able to kill stuff just by bear hugging and then shotgunning them to death.

Yeah, it's generally not smart for your only weapons to be fixed forward-firing guns. Plus, I'll bet the hammer wrecks poo poo much harder than the chest guns.

It is funny how we've seen no obvious beam weaponry in the preview material for G-Tekketsu. Just physical weapons like hammers, swords, and axes and solid-shot guns. That's very unusual for Gundam, and I'm looking forward to the neat 'oh poo poo' moment when someone finally digs up some ancient energy weapons.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I really hope there's absolutely zero energy weapons and it's all giant assault rifles and lots and lots of missile spam. :getin:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The Barbatos' final upgrade is just a beam rifle. :getin:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I really hope there's absolutely zero energy weapons and it's all giant assault rifles and lots and lots of missile spam. :getin:

That'd be neat, but totally unprecedented in a Gundam show. Plus, this one's whole premise involves people scavenging hyper-advanced technology after an apocalyptic war.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Red Bones posted:

Unsurprisingly, there's gonna be P-Bandai exclusive wings of light for the MG V2.

What is the best way to go about buying P-Bandai exclusive stuff in the UK?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, it's generally not smart for your only weapons to be fixed forward-firing guns. Plus, I'll bet the hammer wrecks poo poo much harder than the chest guns.

It is funny how we've seen no obvious beam weaponry in the preview material for G-Tekketsu. Just physical weapons like hammers, swords, and axes and solid-shot guns. That's very unusual for Gundam, and I'm looking forward to the neat 'oh poo poo' moment when someone finally digs up some ancient energy weapons.

Mega Particle Cannons can shotgun the beams to multiple directions or focus the beam in any one place, they're more like swivel mounts than forward firing weapons. They're also just downsized versions of the battleship mega particle cannons, the Zock was almost certainly the most powerful amphibious suit. Zock could hit anything in front of or behind it standing in a fixed position since it had rear mounted ones too. Using a hammer would be like giving a King Tiger a louisville slugger.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Sep 26, 2015

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Do not disrespect Zock.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Sep 26, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Plus, this one's whole premise involves people scavenging hyper-advanced technology after an apocalyptic war.

Yeah, which means the odds of energy weapons not showing up is exactly zero since it's even a plot point that the Barbatos' reactor was being used as a power source. I just want more Itano circus, in everything, forever. Gundam has practically none whatsoever (even the Zssa only has about 30 missiles). :(

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If they had mass produced the Zock they would have won the war, but they only made 3 and one of them ran into the gundam.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

If they had mass produced the Zock they would have won the war, but they only made 3 and one of them ran into the gundam.

This is technically true but it's ignoring the fact that Zeon couldn't have mass-produced the Zock even if they'd wanted to, which they didn't, because Zeon were thick as a tonne of bricks.

The One Year War is a lot like watching two really stupid people beating each other up, and the Federation only wins in the end because Zeon was an order of magnitude dumber.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

This is technically true but it's ignoring the fact that Zeon couldn't have mass-produced the Zock even if they'd wanted to, which they didn't, because Zeon were thick as a tonne of bricks.

If people can go back in time to kill hitler I can go back in time and replace the zaku with the zock before they start production.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
The HG Zock was a pretty fun build and I would not be opposed to a 1/100 version of it. I did find it kind of funny that half the parts are in the arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

ActionZero posted:

What is the best way to go about buying P-Bandai exclusive stuff in the UK?

Pretty much the same as the US, Samuel Decal.