Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

The Mountain that still never writes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Looks like Jon Snow (née Jon Stark) is wearing House Stark armor on set these days.

I guess his watch really has ended eh guys? *wink* *WINK*

Pour another one out for GRRM.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

They should make him film all his outdoor scenes with a blue body stocking over his face and hands and then greenscreen his head and hands on later it would help eat up their outrageous budget while not increasing the quality of the series and also maintain some mystery about whether people are dead or not.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Voodoo posted:

Looks like Jon Snow (née Jon Stark) is wearing House Stark armor on set these days.

I always pictured Jon Snow as being taller.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I always pictured Jon Snow as being taller.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 28, 2015

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Lol, m'lady is so tall that he almost looks photoshopped in at a different scale.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Voodoo posted:

He was apparently filmed a week or so ago in a battle between wildlings and Bolton men, so the odds of him just being there to shoot flashback scenes is realy, really unlikely too.

e: Sophie Turner looks older than women I know who are in their 30s.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Evil Fluffy posted:

He was apparently filmed a week or so ago in a battle between wildlings and Bolton men, so the odds of him just being there to shoot flashback scenes is realy, really unlikely too.

e: Sophie Turner looks older than women I know who are in their 30s.

they all look terrible on the red carpet

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

syscall girl posted:

they all look terrible on the red carpet

There's a massive, unbounced flash being used and then a yellowing filter applied in photoshop or something. That + the weird angle it's composed from makes it a pretty loving godawful photo all around.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
A quick google indicates that Kit Harrington is 5'10" and Sophie Turner is 5'9", so either it's a trick of perspective or Kit must have offended a local witch doctor before that photo was taken.

Edit: She is also wearing heels in that photo, which would definitely increase her apparent height.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Kit is 1.73 and Sophie is 1.75, which I think in your ye olde system is 5'8 and 5'9. I dunno where you got that he's 5'10.

But yeah it's really the heels that make that picture so comical, Sophie isn't that tall and Kit ain't that short, Gwendoline is huge though she's 1.91.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Kit is 1.73 and Sophie is 1.75, which I think in your ye olde system is 5'8 and 5'9. I dunno where you got that he's 5'10.

But yeah it's really the heels that make that picture so comical, Sophie isn't that tall and Kit ain't that short, Gwendoline is huge though she's 1.91.

Hollyweird has a long tradition of obfuscating actors' dimensions.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Or yet another case of GRRM can't do numbers. :tinfoil:

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012
I wrote Jon Snow too drat tall.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

syscall girl posted:

Hollyweird has a long tradition of obfuscating actors' dimensions.

They repeatedly round up with actors, especially "leading men" because the leading man is supposed to be tall. Kit is like 5'7" I believe, while standing next to two of the tallest actresses in the whole drat show.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kit small.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Exclusive wildling footage from Season 6

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

How many dick jokes did tormond bearfucker tell in the show? It's criminal to cut those.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

So there's going to be a movie or something when the show ends.

quote:

AUTHOR George R.R. Martin has let slip that a Game of Thrones movie is in the works.

The novelist created the books on which the hit TV drama is based, and he has also written a number of episodes for the show and acts as co-executive producer.

Martin has now revealed that Game of Thrones will continue on the big screen once the show finishes, but he will not be involved in the project as he is busy working on the remaining books.

“There will be a movie but I will not be involved. I have too much to do. That is something HBO and (executive producers) DB (D.B. Weiss) and David (Benioff) are dealing with. I have two more books to finish and I still have so much to do. The pressure is on. I am such a slow writer and the fans get upset that I don’t write faster.”

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/there-will-be-a-game-of-thrones-movie/story-fnk850z8-1227550105459

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
http://grrm.livejournal.com/445880.html?thread=22728376#t22728376

Gurm posted:

Yes, completely false. No one is working on any movie just now. And if there was a movie, it would not be about Robert's Rebellion.

And this comment is also off topic.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Huh, really? This thing was reported on several mainstream news sources. I was just about to kill myself at the thought of a GoT movie, too.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

If they did a movie it'd have to be mostly battles like the Blackfyre Rebellion or something completely new like the Long Night. No matter what subject matter they chose it'd be poo poo and even worse than the show is right now.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Maybe a mock reality cooking show based in Westeros. Ser Gordon Ramsilk could host it and every week one of the contestants could be put to the axe for under cooking capons or burning the delicious black bread pipping hot from the ovens.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Who the gently caress would want a Roberts Rebellion movie? What value as a story could that have? What new information could we gain from this project? We wouldn't even get the show cast because it's when everyone was much younger.

Really, who cares? A "movie" would just be a double episode and as poo poo as that sounds.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Who the gently caress would want a Roberts Rebellion movie? What value as a story could that have? What new information could we gain from this project? We wouldn't even get the show cast because it's when everyone was much younger.

Really, who cares? A "movie" would just be a double episode and as poo poo as that sounds.

dont be naive, it would make hundreds of millions of dollars.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
a robert's rebellion movie would help us figure out which month the battle of the bells took place in, and thus whether R+L = dany or tyrion

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
the movie should just be tyrion doing an Anthony BOurdain style trip across essos

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
A movie during the time of Robert's rebellion could be cool as Hell. It could focus on numerous character dynamics that we never saw in the show and were only referenced thus far in the book, e.g. Rhaegar/Lyannna, or young Robert/Ned, or Aerys/Tywin, etc.

There were also multiple large battles and important confrontations/developments during this period.

I know it's fun to immediately call everything that has anything to do with this series crap, but come on, it'd be super easy to make a movie of that stuff.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Fhate posted:

A movie during the time of Robert's rebellion could be cool as Hell. It could focus on numerous character dynamics that we never saw in the show and were only referenced thus far in the book, e.g. Rhaegar/Lyannna, or young Robert/Ned, or Aerys/Tywin, etc.

There were also multiple large battles and important confrontations/developments during this period.

Fanservice. Gotcha.

quote:

I know it's fun to immediately call everything that has anything to do with this series crap, but come on, it'd be super easy to make a movie of that stuff.

Easy doesn't mean worthwhile. Profitable doesn't necessarily mean worthwhile although profit in and of itself isn't a bad thing if you're the one profiting. Book readers have already lost, so there's no reason to not throw salt on anything designed to milk more money from the most exploitable members of their ranks.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

It would appeal to the same sort of people that wanted BSG: Caprica.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

It would be cool If such a movie made me empathize and root for Aerys but I doubt that.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

computer parts posted:

I didn't super mind that show, and I think it might actually have been stronger without the Galactica tie-in. Caprica had something to say, at least. Bob's 'Bellion is pretty thoroughly covered, I feel, so I don't know what a movie (or a story in general) set in that would really have to bring to the table.

Besides, I think a film about an entire war is a poo poo idea anyway. Focus on a single battle if you must, like the siege of King's Landing.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

computer parts posted:

GoT already has plenty of gay characters and anti-government terrorist types.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Fanservice. Gotcha.

The entire loving show is fanservice.

The story could have the same value that the series had. It doesn't need to reveal any new information. The show has never given us new information (except for things that may never happen in the book and may well be unique to the show), and it has a huge following. Most of the people in this thread have probably seen most of the series, if not all of it. When I went to see the Lord of the Rings movies when I was a kid, I certainly didn't expect them to give any new information.

That said, it would be odd to have completely different actors, but they do that all the time with long-running IP's now. How many bat/super/spider men have there been now?

I also doubt a movie would necessarily be like a double episode of the show. They'd have a lot more money/time to devote to a single story, and could spread their whole budget over making two hours of content instead of 10.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
A movie about Robert's Rebellion would be poo poo. We know who lives and dies. We know the consequences. How the gently caress do you create any kind of dramatic tension in it without creating a bunch of characters out of whole cloth? If it happens (and it won't) the only thing entertaining about it would be reading the obsessives rant about how Sean Bean could totally play himself as a youngster if they just slather him in CGI.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Fhate posted:

The entire loving show is fanservice.

I never said the show wasn't.

The only real reason book readers ever wanted the show to exist was to have ASoIaF poo poo known by the mainstream, both out of a noble cause to enrich the lives of others and to also not be seen as such weirdos for spergin' over a fantasy book with dragons in it. Of course the Monkey's Paw is that for the show to be a success you end up with poo poo like people naming their babies Khaleesi and diminishing returns as the realities of TV Production loving up many of the worthwhile patches of the book.

AtAt-de-fay posted:

A movie about Robert's Rebellion would be poo poo. We know who lives and dies. We know the consequences. How the gently caress do you create any kind of dramatic tension in it without creating a bunch of characters out of whole cloth? If it happens (and it won't) the only thing entertaining about it would be reading the obsessives rant about how Sean Bean could totally play himself as a youngster if they just slather him in CGI.

This is true but come on, it's not like fans wouldn't eat it the gently caress up and that's reason enough for the business side to move forward with it. People go to movies/watch TV shows where they know the outcome all the time (most prominently-- every superhero movie of the last EVER), but get joy from the operatics.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

it's a movie about robert's rebellion and the end reveals how aerys warged into his grandson's corpse just before he died

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I know what you're thinking - there's still no tension, we know Aegon is alive. But I meant his other grandson, Jon Snow. Aerys is finally able to overpower him when he gets stabbed. First chapter of TWOW is Aerys II 1.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

His suit seems super wrinkly and looks terrible. Or is that fashionable these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I Own Soulz posted:

His suit seems super wrinkly and looks terrible. Or is that fashionable these days?

I've not seen anyone wear a suit like that. It's just a bad cut, I guess.