Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

oldpainless posted:

I hope it has 4 hit men stand in a square and decide to formally eschew their guns and then take out swords and fight to death in a subway.
How about dying with a little dignity? :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXSMr1o5zvA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

oldpainless posted:

I hope it has 4 hit men stand in a square and decide to formally eschew their guns and then take out swords and fight to death in a subway.

It does not. It has plenty of other dumb stuff though, like a guy with a bulletproof skin. Also it features another example of a trope I'd like to call Chekhov's Jet Engine Test Facility..

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Cage posted:

"Hey guys, you know what would make Equilibrium even cooler?"

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

Cage posted:

I remember hearing Timothy Olyphant talking about that on a podcast. He basically said "I know it's awful, but that movie paid for my house"

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I really liked that subway fight though

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I never understand when people say "I want a Batman show, but set around the GCPD, and there's no Batman, and no Rogues Gallery. It'd just be the cops against real criminals."

Why not just watch Law & Order then?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Every attempt at a Hitman movie somehow commits the same fundamental, but easily avoidable, sin: they pick a random actor and make him bald instead of actually picking a threatening-looking bald guy.

He doesn't even have to be a good actor he just has to be good at being bald. How do they not get this.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
In my mind, they're always trying to do this thing where they're trying to make a bald white guy not look like a skinhead.

It's a role that came too late for Billy Zane to have taken.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 13, 2015

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Mierenneuker posted:

It does not. It has plenty of other dumb stuff though, like a guy with a bulletproof skin. Also it features another example of a trope I'd like to call Chekhov's Jet Engine Test Facility..

Also it shamelessly lifts Rorscach's "I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!" line from Watchmen.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Davros1 posted:

I never understand when people say "I want a Batman show, but set around the GCPD, and there's no Batman, and no Rogues Gallery. It'd just be the cops against real criminals."

I imagine L&O doesn't have enough cosplayable characters in it? Who knows.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Law & Order was good at the time, but imagine what Disney-Marvel will do with it once they get the rights back.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Law & Order was good at the time, but imagine what Disney-Marvel will do with it once they get the rights back.

Hopefully we'll see a John Munch cameo in Kingdom Hearts 3.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Davros1 posted:

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Davros1 posted:

Seriously. I would say involve the Rogues Gallery and Batman but have the main focus be on the GCPD and how they help Batman by finding clues as well as helping him take out the various goons and hired help.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Hollywood whitewashes another music legend's biopic.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Davros1 posted:

I was just giving my opinion on improving the Gotham show, since it's all in-your-face wink-wink stuff all focused on the villains but with no payoff. Something more like the first few episodes of the Daredevil show, where it's just random thugs and someone trying to piece together a few clues would be way more interesting, but then you do interact with the hero/villain occasionally.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Been a while since Hollywood made a decent "Kid playing volleyball in a wheat field" movie.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Sleeveless posted:

Also it shamelessly lifts Rorscach's "I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!" line from Watchmen.

you'd be surprised to know it's not the dumbest thing in the whole show!

it's a convoluted plot where the girl is in fact a super assassin whose self-medication of anti-depressants had been stopping her from super-assassining, and now that Grumpy Baldman has arrived she must now locate her father, who must be killed for some reason. This whole thing is repeated by Grumpy Baldman every single scene through exposition

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Davros1 posted:

I'd imagine it's a stylistic thing. Gotham is an anachronistic setting by default and a lot of the criminals are dated archetypes, and everything that happens in the city is tinged with a heaping helping of noir. There isn't really a show that features that kind of atmosphere or conflict, least of all a procedural.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

KiteAuraan posted:

Gotham is the only show I've ever watched that has three seasons where almost nothing of note happens with any of the million plot lines that are going on at any given time. I don't see how it continues to get renewed.

You could also be talking about Arrow

Except Arrow is hilariously terrible whereas Gotham just looks boring

This is a living breathing real human being who does not know what a loving story is, and yet, not only do they exist, but they write for a living

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Oct 14, 2015

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

:pwn:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Cut Snake is the name of the circumcised fourth Big Boss clone, unknown to the public until now.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

I think it's good that the film industry is finally opening up more leading roles for cyclops actors.

Fake edit: I'm sorry, I meant to say 'Monocular-American actors'.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The ultimate neckbeard.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

It's a joke

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Most unfortunate eye placement since 'along came a spider'

edit: broken link

Autechresaint fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 14, 2015

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I thought the Metal Gear franchise would go with Plasma Snake to round out the elements but this is fine too. That's some real drat anime looking eye. Uguuu~

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Only after the introduce the comedic relief, Gaseous Snake.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Wedemeyer posted:

I thought the Metal Gear franchise would go with Plasma Snake to round out the elements but this is fine too. That's some real drat anime looking eye. Uguuu~

he's gonna need a pretty fuckin big eyepatch

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Calico Heart posted:

You could also be talking about Arrow

Except Arrow is hilariously terrible whereas Gotham just looks boring

This is a living breathing real human being who does not know what a loving story is, and yet, not only do they exist, but they write for a living

Well, to be fair, that is kind of Hollywood's mindset nowadays. You can tell a complete story in one film/show/book, but then they find to try to keep stretching it out to make more money.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

To be fair to Kirkman, I really don't think his plan with walking dead was to stretch it out to make money. He simply wanted to explore a continuing zombie apocalypse type of world, because he's right that the majority of the genre focuses on basically a few days and ends with neither a resolution to the plague or an idea of what's to come. He wanted to tell the story of how you go from Night to Dawn to Day to Land of the living dead, day by day.

He obviously hasn't done a very good job of it, but I can understand why you'd want to do that, from a creative standpoint.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Well, to be fair, that is kind of Hollywood's mindset nowadays. You can tell a complete story in one film/show/book, but then they find to try to keep stretching it out to make more money.

That's the dark side of serial storytelling breaking through to Hollywood as a viable business model. By 'serial storytelling' I mean the kind of stories where you have sequel 3-6 planned before 1-2 are even in the can, as opposed to like 80s sequel trains like Rocky, Friday the 13th, or Star Trek where the sequels were managed more on a case-by-case basis.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

It really feels like this is the first comedy poster I've seen in years that isn't just "photo of guys/ladies, some fonts"

It's odd.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Allen Wren posted:

It really feels like this is the first comedy poster I've seen in years that isn't just "photo of guys/ladies, some fonts"

It's odd.

That's probably part of why I haven't seen a comedy in the theater in a long time. They're all like "Here's some people who you might know, but probably not. That's the movie."

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Munks doesn't sound like "force" at all. This is terrible.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Madkal posted:

Munks doesn't sound like "force" at all. This is terrible.

Would you say the reference is a little... forced? :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Allen Wren posted:

It's odd.

They could have actually put a bit of effort in to making it look like strainedglass though, it looks like the photoshop cutout filter with find-edges slapped over it.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 15, 2015