Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The rebel speeder bike set and the stormtroopers look like they could be Battlefront tie-ins since they've got jet packs and the red stormtrooper officer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
What the gently caress is that seasonal with the yellow bike and fountain?

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001

VaultAggie posted:

I have no idea but it's awesome.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Lump Shaker posted:

I have no idea but it's awesome.

Agreed. That fountain figure owns.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

VaultAggie posted:

I've heard it's an add-on for the modular bank.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

VaultAggie posted:

Where? Pic?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

uXs posted:

Where? Pic?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
The Duck Hunt set is pretty unexpected.

Also I need all those Mixels. All of them.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Those mixels look a) fun and b) like a good source for odd parts if you need them.

How much are those things? I never bothered with them.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Hopper posted:

Those mixels look a) fun and b) like a good source for odd parts if you need them.

How much are those things? I never bothered with them.

They're $5 each and get released in 3 sets of 3 colors at a time. 6 series so far, so 54 Mixels.
Some of them are pretty boring designs, but occasionally there are some pretty creative ones or ones with good parts beyond the mini ball joints.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006
Someone on the LEGO reddit posted that the Tower of Orthanc is back on the site! (Out of stock, but with a shipping date and orderable). Just got that, double VIP points, and the Christmas Train! Pretty pumped for it.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Double VIP points? Not in Germany apparently...

Edit: found it. US gets double points we get 50 bonus points...

Hopper fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 13, 2015

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Just picked up the Detective Agency for the double VIP points. I love the modulars but between the lack of display space here, and the lack of time to build them, I'm basically just buying them to put in a closet.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Dr. Light posted:

Someone on the LEGO reddit posted that the Tower of Orthanc is back on the site! (Out of stock, but with a shipping date and orderable). Just got that, double VIP points, and the Christmas Train! Pretty pumped for it.

doesn't seem to let me add to bag now.

The site is also saying the death star is just temporarily out of stock?

Bushifox fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 14, 2015

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

The_Doctor posted:

Yay modular! But now I would have 3 corners and that's only good if I had an actual display space rather than the top of my dresser. :(

Come ooooon GB Firehouse!

EDIT:

Money laundering! :haw:

Is that a newspaper from one of the Scooby Doo sets?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

beato posted:

Is that a newspaper from one of the Scooby Doo sets?

Yep, I thought that was an odd choice .

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

Bushifox posted:

doesn't seem to let me add to bag now.

The site is also saying the death star is just temporarily out of stock?

Yeah, I watched it over the day and it seemed to go from 'Shipping Oct 29th' to 'Sold Out' around 4-5pm Eastern time.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Hopper posted:

Double VIP points? Not in Germany apparently...

Edit: found it. US gets double points we get 50 bonus points...

E: We get double points too, but it starts today, not yesterday.

Ika fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 14, 2015

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I got an email yesterday that double points had been extended to the end of the month. :v:

October is Lego Christmas.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A video in which two grown men take nearly 15 minutes to assemble the Lego Dimensions Batmobile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmKN_v-ALsw

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
It's like they've never touched a lego before.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Same with these clowns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVtG6XBNrVI&t=83s

I can't imagine being unfamiliar with lego.

Fozzie Bear
Jun 4, 2000

Rockin' out at the god damn bank
Has anyone else picked up the Lego Dimensions video game?

My kids are loving it, but it's been a bit strange, they picked up a few of the extra packs, and the extra packs have been missing pieces. Homer's car was missing 3 of the rubber sections of his wheels, and batmobile was missing one wheel altogether. It doesn't make a difference to the game, and we have so many bloody lego tires already I am not worried about them missing, but still kinda sucks.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Anora posted:

We gave my father-in-law the Lego hummingbird as a gift. He is a super smart guy who can fix anything and has a ton of tools, but when the model fell off the counter and broke into a dozen pieces, he just had no idea how to put it back together again. I got mad props for putting it back together in 30 seconds.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Anora posted:

It's almost like if you've not touched something for 30+ years you're not very good at it anymore.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Fozzie Bear posted:

Has anyone else picked up the Lego Dimensions video game?

We have a thread!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744426

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Dr. Light posted:

Yeah, I watched it over the day and it seemed to go from 'Shipping Oct 29th' to 'Sold Out' around 4-5pm Eastern time.

Now it shows in stock again so I grabbed one.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

Bushifox posted:

Now it shows in stock again so I grabbed one.

Nice! Question for you - does your order say 'Backordered' on the 'Order Status' page? Now that it's switched to 'Available Now' on the Shop site, my order status is still sitting at 'Backordered'.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Dr. Light posted:

Nice! Question for you - does your order say 'Backordered' on the 'Order Status' page? Now that it's switched to 'Available Now' on the Shop site, my order status is still sitting at 'Backordered'.

I'll check tomorrow, right now not even showing up on my order status page.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Captain Invictus posted:

It's almost like if you've not touched something for 30+ years you're not very good at it anymore.

I took a 10 year break from Lego and didn't have the issues they're having. They were struggling with a Mini-figure for god's sake.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Thinking I need to grab the UCS X-Wing before it retires. None of my local Lego stores have stock anymore so that probably means it's toast soon right?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Everyone should get that thing before it's gone. it's so great.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Anora posted:

I took a 10 year break from Lego and didn't have the issues they're having. They were struggling with a Mini-figure for god's sake.

Ten years ago I was able to legally buy cigarettes. Thirty years ago I didn't exist yet. It's kind of a big difference between the two.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The Rage posted:

Thinking I need to grab the UCS X-Wing before it retires. None of my local Lego stores have stock anymore so that probably means it's toast soon right?

Yeah its pretty rad. Not even that big a fan of the X-Wing compared to the TIE but the model is neat.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Captain Invictus posted:

Ten years ago I was able to legally buy cigarettes. Thirty years ago I didn't exist yet. It's kind of a big difference between the two.

Which one are you in those videos?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I know that's an amazing burn and all, but I can at least assemble a polybag set in a couple of minutes, friend. :smaug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'd rather eat poo poo than watch the videos in question but aren't a lot of them based on the "let's act even dumber than we actually are because that's what people who watch video game youtubes want to see" gimmick?

e: Eh actually I'd probably rather watch the videos because I bet poo poo tastes really bad and gives you hell of diseases.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Giant bomb is AUTHENTICALLY bad at video games though.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

Bushifox posted:

I'll check tomorrow, right now not even showing up on my order status page.

I just checked, and mine shifted to 'In Warehouse' now. I can't wait to have this giant nerd monolith!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'd rather eat poo poo than watch the videos in question but aren't a lot of them based on the "let's act even dumber than we actually are because that's what people who watch video game youtubes want to see" gimmick?

No, they're just bad at building legos.