Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Giant bomb is AUTHENTICALLY bad at video games though.

Why did you post that QL with a message that made it sound like you were making fun of Jeff and Jason, only then to argue with people also making fun of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

I am moving and 'want' to sell my Legos.

By want I really mean I can't move them without them coming apart and will never have the time to rebuild anything.

I can take pictures if anyone wants but I'm curious what's the easiest way to get the most back for what I paid.

Their is a 40 gallon tote about 3/4 filled with Legos sets from the pass 5 years mostly. Lots of city, Pirates, monster hunter and Galaxy stuff with some others thrown in. As rare stuff goes I don't keep up to much on hard to find but I know the full zombie target set is in their.

A few of the larger base plates in green and blue and a very large grey one.

A lot of mini figures. From the series and from grab bags. Probably at least 200 of not more. A lot of the early grab bag stuff is in their.

A complete in (beat up box) haunted mansion. The bags have never been opened.

One half of the pet store that's built (apartment side) and the pet shop side still in box and bags.

A few smaller sets still in the boxes.

I would like to sell everything in one lot. But not sure what is easiest and best? Craigslist I'm not sure I'll get a good price but eBay seems like I difficult time with shipping/fees and I have only sold a few items before.

Any advice on how I should do this? I have a lot of the instruction books still which should help me identify which sets I have.

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

I am moving and 'want' to sell my Legos.

The more you can segregate sets and sell them separately the more you can get. I would think Ebay is your best option. Where are you located? Wouldn't mind seeing some pics if you have them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Make every effort to hang on to that stuff, or at least pick some of your favorites. Guarantee in some number of years you'll get all nostalgic and want it back.

Even if you just toss it into storage or a parent's attic or something.

If you're dead set on selling it in one go craigslist will probably be the easiest route. But craigslist is just people trying to get super low prices on everything so be prepared for that headache.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

xzzy posted:

Make every effort to hang on to that stuff, or at least pick some of your favorites. Guarantee in some number of years you'll get all nostalgic and want it back.

Even if you just toss it into storage or a parent's attic or something.

If you're dead set on selling it in one go craigslist will probably be the easiest route. But craigslist is just people trying to get super low prices on everything so be prepared for that headache.

I just noticed the haunted house goes for around $400 alone. I was thinking of asking $1k for it all just to get rid of it on Craigslist but definitely was expecting a ton of low ball offers.

Forgot that the black pearl was built in another room so theirs another set to add.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I just noticed the haunted house goes for around $400 alone.

I always kick myself at missing out on the Haunted House. :(

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

The_Doctor posted:

I always kick myself at missing out on the Haunted House. :(

As you should. Still my favourite set, and they keep making new monsters for the front yard BBQ.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah I just couldn't afford the Haunted House at the time, massive bummer cause it was basically the lego set I'd dreamed of and always wanted back when I was a kid.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
That's rough :(

Might be able to bricklink it for considerably less though, that shade of green was the only rare part at the time I think. I've seen a rad blue version too.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

I just noticed the haunted house goes for around $400 alone. I was thinking of asking $1k for it all just to get rid of it on Craigslist but definitely was expecting a ton of low ball offers.

Forgot that the black pearl was built in another room so theirs another set to add.

The black pearl is going for around 200 loose by itself too. where do you live?

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Bushifox posted:

The black pearl is going for around 200 loose by itself too. where do you live?

Near Allentown Pennsylvania.

I didn't know that some of these went up that much in price.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Yeah, a friend of mine threw a tub for sale on facebook, I recognised a few sets, gave him the corresponding links on our version of craigslist and he promptly took it down after realising he could easily fetch tenfold what he was asking.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

In that case do NOT put anything up for sale before checking every single set. You probably sit on far more than 1k in Legos.
Old Minifig sets alone can fetch upwards of 100 for the full set.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Taeke posted:

Yeah, a friend of mine threw a tub for sale on facebook, I recognised a few sets, gave him the corresponding links on our version of craigslist and he promptly took it down after realising he could easily fetch tenfold what he was asking.

The only problem with splitting them up into the original sets is I won't have the time to do so till Christmas vacation and that's not really how I would like to spend those days anyway.

I'll dig up the instruction booklets tonight and post that and maybe some pictures when I get home.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

are those "sell it on ebay" stores still a thing? Otherwise, it shouldn't be hard to find someone to catalog/sell it for you for a commission.

or this? http://sellforme.ebay.com/home?_trksid=p2059161.l5350

Bushifox fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 16, 2015

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
This is kind of cool

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2015/10/14/the-changing-palette-of-lego-1975-2014/

Looks like for a little while in 2004 there was a third shade of grey.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Saint Sputnik posted:

Looks like for a little while in 2004 there was a third shade of grey.

I guess that's the time they replaced their greys?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm very mad I missed out on the Haunted House. At least the other big models I wanted, the Grand Emporium and Imperial Shuttle, I got before they were discontinued.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm very mad I missed out on the Haunted House. At least the other big models I wanted, the Grand Emporium and Imperial Shuttle, I got before they were discontinued.

Haunted House > anything else.

Well worth buying for gently caress-you scalping pricing, unlike the other ones.

Plus the minifigs could be replaced from the recent series if you can find a cheaper copy without minifigs.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.
Has anyone else turned their favorite bar into a modular or otherwise normal building? Share results. I'll put mine up when I get home.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Hi all! I recently (well, 2 years ago) became a father. About a year ago, while my son was still FAR too young to mess with Legos, decided I would grab a little star wars 10 dollar set (mini 4 legged walker) to adorn my desk. I figured I'd be passing them on to him. Then on a trip I bought the Lego Movie pirate and Organizer dude. That was fun. Bought more Star Wars minis. Then the GhostBusters Ecto-1. More Star Wars, etc...
Now he's almost 3, and I bought him a couple Technic ones, built it for him, he plays with it until he crumbles it and then I harvest the best pieces. You see, I used to be all like, OHH DON'T BREAK THE THING I MADE (LEGO MOVIE DAD, WHAT?) but then we broke one and it was like I broke my brain in the best possible way. I started checking out websites about Mech building with legos and my mind just got blown wide open.

Needless to say, every Lego kit I have now has been disassembled, aside from Ecto-1 And MetalBeard. I couldn't be happier. I free-styled my first Mech. (Pics below) and got some cool organizer boxes. I figure I can build some awesome (hopefully!) mechs and then one day have a really cool collection of pieces to pass on to him when he's just a bit older.

Sidenote: Mixels and the little Star Wars 14.99 (and under) kits are FANTASTIC for Mech parts.

(org boxes)

First Mech:

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
Just recently got the Detectives Office for my collection of Modulars. Decided to fill the streets with some of the series of minifigures I had. Wish I had all the ones before the Grand Emporium but those were unfortunately my dark ages. I also cant figure out a way to put the Haunted House close to my other Modulars without it looking weird. Here is a quick and dirty cellphone picture!

Crazy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 17, 2015

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Buddy of mine moved to a smaller place and sold me his UCS Tumbler. First he told me $150 because he built it already, then when I picked it up he said he "couldn't get the wheel back on cause he wasn't a Lego guy" and only let me give him $100. He's gonna ask for a kidney later isn't he.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

Feenix posted:

[Dad stuff]
I just had a girl and I keep buying Legos and putting them on a shelf in my garage waiting for her to turn 3. I figure at the rate I am buying by the time she is 3 I will never have to buy Lego again (but I probably will).

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

You definitely will

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Shawn posted:

I just had a girl and I keep buying Legos and putting them on a shelf in my garage waiting for her to turn 3. I figure at the rate I am buying by the time she is 3 I will never have to buy Lego again (but I probably will).

Sup. My boy is 3 this Christmas and I just had a girl 2 months ago.

Yeah, man. Legos for everyone.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yep. My 3 year old was an excuse to buy more lego.

The next set I'm buying for her is this Ferrari F40...

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
My daughter is 5 now, but she's been building her own sets for over a year now (she put the Mos Eisley Cantina together on her own at four!).

One thing I've had to get used to is finding weird poo poo all over my modulars (which are in my room on top of short bookshelves) every morning. Laval was in the Pet Shop buying a puppy last week when I woke up and the Ghostbusters were sitting inside the Palace Cinema watching "another Ghostbusters movie".

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

shymog posted:

One thing I've had to get used to is finding weird poo poo all over my modulars (which are in my room on top of short bookshelves) every morning. Laval was in the Pet Shop buying a puppy last week when I woke up and the Ghostbusters were sitting inside the Palace Cinema watching "another Ghostbusters movie".

As long as she's not toppling stuff over, this sounds fun. New surprises every day. :3:

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

Circutron posted:

As long as she's not toppling stuff over, this sounds fun. New surprises every day. :3:

Yeah, sometimes you have weird stuff like a police officer standing where the lamp should be, and the lamp on top of her head, but whatever. She rarely breaks anything and it's not like there's anything that can't be fixed.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

shymog posted:

Yeah, sometimes you have weird stuff like a police officer standing where the lamp should be, and the lamp on top of her head, but whatever. She rarely breaks anything and it's not like there's anything that can't be fixed.

If you arent meant to do that, then why is there a stud on the top of her head? :colbert:

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
Do you guys think it would be horrible to buy 6 sets of each of the new Nexo knights, open one and keep 5 for an "investment" ?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

KingFisher posted:

Do you guys think it would be horrible to buy 6 sets of each of the new Nexo knights, open one and keep 5 for an "investment" ?

Well you'd be making a luxury item slightly harder to afford for poorer people/families. But also we live under capitalism, so that's kind of the status quo. Depends on your moral stance towards capitalism, I suppose.
Although really 5 Lego sets probably not gonna make a big deal to anyone - they're not in an extremely limited run or anything.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Well you'd be making a luxury item slightly harder to afford for poorer people/families.
haha

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If they're that hard up for cash they probably shouldn't even be considering Legos what with them being one of the most expensive types of toys you can possibly buy, ever

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I picked up Wall-E and the Mystery Machine at the lego store today (woo hoo double points) and put them toegether this afternoon.

1. The stickers on the Mystery Machine. The logo ones being split on to two pieces are the worst. Even if you line them up as best as you can, the die cutting and other things are not quite perfect, so they aren't seamless. I'm not sure how much I actually care about opening up the back when the roof can be popped off (a la the Ecto-1), and would have preferred either printed panels or one big panel for one big sticker.

2. People weren't kidding about Wall-E's head. Guess I'll be ordering the fix kit from bricklink. They would recall the model for an unstable neck, but not this? It was a delightful build and he looks great, but being unable to freely position his head is a bummer. Also the leafy plant bit pops off way too easily.

Also the holiday train kit is great, one of the best bonuses in a long time.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

KingFisher posted:

I'd wait until they get clearanced out next year.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Captain Invictus posted:

If they're that hard up for cash they probably shouldn't even be considering Legos what with them being one of the most expensive types of toys you can possibly buy, ever

Please refer to the last line of my post which you intentionally didn't quote. Taking poo poo off the shelves means people have to source it elsewhere if they want it - and I did call it a luxury item. I also said that really it's not going to make a difference if you're buying 6 and not 600 - and it was more to do with your moral stance on the issue than a practical one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What about nexo Knights makes you think they are going to be worth anything? If you are going to do that at least go for liscensed sets.

I was at target yesterday and they had a bunch of Joker in a bumper car. I wish they would do more of those poly bogs that actually have mini figs in them. Really good deal for 3.99 considering that usually the price of a lone minifigure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

NESguerilla posted:

What about nexo Knights makes you think they are going to be worth anything? If you are going to do that at least go for liscensed sets.

I was at target yesterday and they had a bunch of Joker in a bumper car. I wish they would do more of those poly bogs that actually have mini figs in them. Really good deal for 3.99 considering that usually the price of a lone minifigure.

God drat that poly is 3.99 where you are? Over here in the UK it was 60 pence (and your dignity, as you had to buy the Daily Mail)