Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Woebin posted:

I never saw all of the X-Files originally so I'm working my way through it now, currently most of the way through season 6. Given how bad the first movie was I don't have high hopes for that one, but I'm excited to finish the original run and checking out the return.

When do people generally agree that the show took a dive? I definitely feel that S6 is lesser than the previous ones, but it's still pretty good.

Sorry for OT, here's a poster for a bad movie I have.

They made a Crying Freeman film? And holy poo poo it's more white washed than that lovely Hokuto no Ken one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Woebin posted:

I never saw all of the X-Files originally so I'm working my way through it now, currently most of the way through season 6. Given how bad the first movie was I don't have high hopes for that one, but I'm excited to finish the original run and checking out the return.

When do people generally agree that the show took a dive? I definitely feel that S6 is lesser than the previous ones, but it's still pretty good.

I'd say around the time of the first movie. It all just sort of stretches out from there and loses its way. After that you get some real good episodes, but the conspiracy stuff just fumbles.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Woebin posted:

I've been meaning to see this, actually, because Christophe Gans doing a Kazuo Koike adaptation sounds rad as hell. Is it that bad?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I've been meaning to see this, actually, because Christophe Gans doing a Kazuo Koike adaptation sounds rad as hell. Is it that bad?
I saw it run on TV when I was a kid and thought it was cool, then ten years later or so I found the DVD in the discount bin somewhere and picked it up out of nostalgia. It's really, really not good. It's not even fun bad like Johnny Mnemonic.

I didn't know it was based on something else before googling to find the poster though, so I learned something today. Is it worth reading?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Woebin posted:

The first movie is pretty good, actually. Waaay better than the second one, by all accounts.

The move to LA definitely screws up the atmosphere but S6 is still quite good and there are some fantastic episodes. The next seasons with Robert Patrick are not bad, but I quit watching before they replaced Skully, supposedly it goes really off the rails.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

The first movie is pretty good, actually. Waaay better than the second one, by all accounts.
I thought the first movie was pretty crap, so I guess I can look forward to the second being even worse.

Anyway there's an IMAX promo poster for Star Wars. Looks like the usual Mondo fare to me.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Woebin posted:

I thought the first movie was pretty crap, so I guess I can look forward to the second being even worse.

Anyway there's an IMAX promo poster for Star Wars. Looks like the usual Mondo fare to me.

Judging by the texture, it is an extreme close-up of Chewbacca's hair

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

KiteAuraan posted:

They made a Crying Freeman film? And holy poo poo it's more white washed than that lovely Hokuto no Ken one.

They've made two actually. The Chinese one is called The Dragon from Russia starring Sam Hui and Maggie freaking Cheung ! I actually like both the films.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Woebin posted:

It's amazing how much better this poster looks in thumbnail.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's amazing how much better this poster looks in thumbnail.

A close-up of your hair follicles would look pretty gross too.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Woebin posted:

Look Morty, a planet where everything is made out of spaghetti! *belch*

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Woebin posted:

I didn't know it was based on something else before googling to find the poster though, so I learned something today. Is it worth reading?

Hell yes. I can also pretty solidly recommend Lone Wolf and Cub, Samurai Executioner, and Color of Rage by the same author.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Path of the Assassin isn't very good from what I can remember, but I will second all of those.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

A nice poster with some really bad press quotes. The one from Twitch is like a red flag for 'this is the best thing we could say about this movie' despite the fact that it's supposed to be pretty good.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
That would be an awesome poster without the quotes.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

A nice poster with some really bad press quotes.

GonSmithe posted:

That would be an awesome poster without the quotes.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

I think that was just the DVD cover.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

The last quote makes it sound like an Addams Family spinoff.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Madkal posted:

The last quote makes it sound like an Addams Family spinoff.

Well the tape does seem like something they would watch for fun. Or make, and then Wednesday and Pugsley would leave on a video store shelf or library somewhere.

Here's another movie about a white blonde Jesus.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

morestuff posted:

I think that was just the DVD cover.

It is, but the quotes (and Naomi Campbell screaming in the title) severely undercut the effect of the image.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

naomi watts!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Whoever.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

I both love and hate this promo image. What the gently caress did they do to Emmy Rossum, and why is V hanging on Frank's leg? Is Dermot Mulroney's hand really huge or is it an optical illusion?

It's simultaneously the most awkward and the most awesome promo I've seen in a while.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Harry Potter and the Easiest Paychecks.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

Harry Potter and the Easiest Paychecks.

Warner Bros is making Fantastic Beasts into movies.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

I'd give movie 1 and 3 a chance, but I know it's going to suck turds based on the 2nd poster.

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I'd give movie 1 and 3 a chance, but I know it's going to suck turds based on the 2nd poster.

Having Vin Diesel personally describe the DnD campaign that inspired it would probably better than the movie could ever be.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't know what they were going for with the screaming woman being seen through the font but it's really not working out.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Those Witch Hunter posters really do look like they're all for completely different movies

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Mr Witch Hunter will see you now...

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

JoeCL posted:

Having Vin Diesel personally describe the DnD campaign that inspired it would probably better than the movie could ever be.

He could keep Michael Caine and Elijah Wood and play the actual game in front of a camera.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I really want to see Vin do a serious badass man movie in his normal, high-pitched nerd voice.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

effectual posted:

He could keep Michael Caine and Elijah Wood and play the actual game in front of a camera.

I unironically want there to be a youtube series or something of celebs playing D&D with Vin DMing

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What? They didn't want to call it Spooks in the US? Can't imagine why.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

kiimo posted:

Warner Bros is making Fantastic Beasts into movies.

I'm personally okay with this, because Harry Potter has a pretty neat world for greater stories than just about Harry Potter, and Fantastic Beasts is basically just going to be an entirely disconnected story about a wizard monster hunter.

I still would've preferred a mockumentary based on Quidditch Through the Ages.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

This guy never closes his goddamn mouth, does he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Cleretic posted:

I still would've preferred a mockumentary based on Quidditch Through the Ages.
The Quibbler: The thruth uncovered. :colbert: