Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mulderman posted:

I thought he just gave her a break in order to give her some confidence back. He's still a teacher and getting his students to overcome their weakness is the real goal here.

That was later in the chapter, when he jumps away and gets snared; his inability to maintain his gaze for as long is an actual weakness on his part that both Momo and Aizawa himself noted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Speaking of Aizawa:

Kinda intense there guy.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Goons, be nicer to your pet muskrats than this guy is.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No idea what Midoriya/Bakugou are going to do in their situation. I can't think of much they could do that would be more effective than what they already tried; Midoriya isn't really capable of any attacks that do more damage than Bakugou's wrist exploder things.

Maybe Midoriya will cut off his other arm to free himself from All Might's grasp, blinding All Might with his blood in the process and giving them an opportunity to escape.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Ytlaya posted:

No idea what Midoriya/Bakugou are going to do in their situation. I can't think of much they could do that would be more effective than what they already tried; Midoriya isn't really capable of any attacks that do more damage than Bakugou's wrist exploder things.

Maybe Midoriya will cut off his other arm to free himself from All Might's grasp, blinding All Might with his blood in the process and giving them an opportunity to escape.

Well, they have to harmonize, not just cooperate. If they could nail him with a team attack the way Iida and Deku hit Stain, they might have a chance.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ytlaya posted:

Deku will use 6% power and Bakugou will use implosions.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Midoria is facing the side of All Might that has that gross wound he got five years ago. He could probably punch that if he could reach.

Remember that Aizawa praised his group for taking advantage of his weaknesses caused by his injuries from the USJ attack.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Fabricated posted:

Midoria is facing the side of All Might that has that gross wound he got five years ago. He could probably punch that if he could reach.

Remember that Aizawa praised his group for taking advantage of his weaknesses caused by his injuries from the USJ attack.

Not a good idea; that would be basically revealing All Might's situation to Bakugou (or at least making him extremely suspicious).

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Sharing intel with your partner is a pretty basic part of working as a team. The only way they can stand a chance is to run out the clock on All Might's transformation.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Bakugou will use directed explosions to accelerate Midoriya's punches.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I'm surprised at how many unique animation goofs are in this video--it seems like it was more a cartoon for the animators than the target audience.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Ytlaya posted:

Not a good idea; that would be basically revealing All Might's situation to Bakugou (or at least making him extremely suspicious).
Midoriya already spilled the beans to Bakugou way back at the beginning and he was just too pissed off to get it. Honestly, of all the students in the class Bakugou and Todoroki are probably the safest people to bring into the All Might's Secret Club.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ZiegeDame posted:

Sharing intel with your partner is a pretty basic part of working as a team. The only way they can stand a chance is to run out the clock on All Might's transformation.

Even though we're aware that the class would probably keep All Might's secret, risking All Might's main weakness becoming exposed is not worth doing better on a school examination. Some secrets should be kept, and "All Might, the #1 hero, has a critical weakness" is one of them. Regardless, All Might has probably trained himself to protect that part of his body anyways, so aiming for it wouldn't help much.

I don't think they'll run out the clock on his transformation. I think that All Might can still transform for at least an hour or two every day at this point which is long enough to last the entire examination.

The only way I can think of them reasonably winning is if one of them sacrifices himself in order to allow the other to escape, though I can't exactly imagine the details of how it would work. I just definitely can't imagine them defeating him and getting the cuffs on him. Part of the reason I have trouble imagining a victory is that both Deku and Bakugou have more or less the same sort of powers as All Might; both of their abilities translate to being faster/stronger and being able to do heavy direct damage. Heroes with more subtle/indirect abilities might fare better against him.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
One of Horikoshi's assistants just got his own manga published today--"Pygmalion", a horror series wherein theme park mascots have apparently gone berserk and started killing people? The art is visibly similar to MHA, though less stylized.

And man, is it awesomely gross.

You can read the raws online here:

Ch 1: http://comic.mag-garden.co.jp/assets/files/Beats151026_pigma01/_SWF_Window.html

Ch 2: http://comic.mag-garden.co.jp/assets/files/Beats151026_pigma02/_SWF_Window.html

Eagerly waiting for it to be translated.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Oct 27, 2015

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
So we all saw it coming, but its been confirmed that MHA is getting an anime.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Please god, let a not poo poo studio get it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

Please god, let a not poo poo studio get it.

Here is hoping Madhouse.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Astro Nut posted:

So we all saw it coming, but its been confirmed that MHA is getting an anime.

I'm worried about it getting one this early, honestly. It feels way too soon.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Eh. Most all anime is seasonal now instead of ongoing and production won't be finished for a while. There's plenty of canon poo poo to fill up 2 seasons IMO without having to put in filler, much less if they do filler that everyone actually WANTS (i.e. the rest of the tournament).

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Overlord K posted:

I'm worried about it getting one this early, honestly. It feels way too soon.

It's about the right time. Usually around 100 chapters for weekly manga is when anime start getting underway. MHA is starting a bit earlier than usual, but it'll probably be at 100 chapters by the time the anime airs.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Eh. Most all anime is seasonal now instead of ongoing and production won't be finished for a while. There's plenty of canon poo poo to fill up 2 seasons IMO without having to put in filler, much less if they do filler that everyone actually WANTS (i.e. the rest of the tournament).

Plus, announcing an anime doesn't mean they've confirmed when they plan to release it - so they may give themselves further time to get the show finished whilst letting the manga further the gap.

I do hope they take the 'expanded canon' approach to filler though. There's plenty of room for it due to the nature of the class setting, and the fact we were introduced to the students fairly early in. Several events of the series occur with Deku doing something that the rest are involved with at the same time - the entrance exam, both paired tests, the villain attack, the tournament, even the work experience under senior heroes. That's potential filler handed to the production staff on a silver platter.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Assuming they don't drag things out, I'd peg a 12-13 episode run at stopping either just before or halfway through the Sports Festival, because I sincerely doubt they could squeeze the tournament in that amount of time. If it goes for 24-26 then I'd say the battle with Stain probably closes things out.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
a 24-26 ep run that ends at Stain would be pretty cool.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Thirded. It'd certainly be easy to close things out there and then get people up to speed for the subsequent season due to the classroom scenes thereafter.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Fabricated posted:

a 24-26 ep run that ends at Stain would be pretty cool.

I could definitely see Stain as a season finale.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah. All the villains being attracted to the Villain's Alliance as a result of his actions could work as a cliffhanger too, if they want one. Otherwise they could end it with Deku, Iida, and Todoroki in the hospital or something after everything's resolved.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Clearly, the natural choices would be Warner Brothers Animation, or Disney.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Roland Jones posted:

Yeah. All the villains being attracted to the Villain's Alliance as a result of his actions could work as a cliffhanger too, if they want one.

All Might explaining his backstory to Deku, that scene with the new villains, and the post-credits stinger Starring All For One Skull Face

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
The spinoff manga starts on the 9th and is apparently another goddamn chibi thing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's a 4koma, most likely a gag comic. I'm fine with it. The characters are funny, and a lighter "daily life" series makes sense.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Sam Faust posted:

I could definitely see Stain as a season finale.

This makes a lot of sense, because it ends with a sense of accomplishment and that "THINGS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME" from here on out, as a good draw for people to read the manga to find out more.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I didn't realize how much I wanted a spin-off MHA 4koma gag series until now.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Estimating how many chapters per episode we'll get is always a bit nebulous, but if my calculations are correct a two-cour, 26-episode series would end right at the end of the Sports Festival arc.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Bad Seafood posted:

Estimating how many chapters per episode we'll get is always a bit nebulous, but if my calculations are correct a two-cour, 26-episode series would end right at the end of the Sports Festival arc.

Only if they include a field trip to Namek.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It's an imprecise science, to be sure. The recent Hunter x Hunter adaption covered the first five volumes of the series in 24 episodes (plus two recaps). By contrast, David Production's ongoing Jojo efforts covered all of Phantom Blood (five volumes) in 9 episodes while covering the first five volumes of Stardust Crusaders in 16.

I'm not saying it has to be 26 episodes from the start of the series to the end of the Sports Festival, but it's not an unreasonable estimate. There are a lot of things to factor in like dialogue or the flow of the action. Throw in a few scenes with the rest of the class doing their stuff and you could easily fall within the range I'm speculating.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

If there's well done filler, I'm down for ending around the end of the sports festival. They can hook the next season on the work experience arc too.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I've never read HxH, but I get the impression it's pretty wordy? 24 episodes for 5 volumes seems insane, the JoJo example seems a lot more in-line with what I'd expect. I think you could probably go all the way through the Sports Festival in 13 episodes, with some filler in there even.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
My estimate of ending at Stain was going off of a real basic assumption of 1 episode = 2 chapters. Stain is done around chapter 57 or so, so 26 episodes would leave about 5 chapters to be squeezed in. That obviously is rarely ever the actual ratio, and I know a lot of stuff can happen in a single chapter of MHA, but just sort of plotting it out in my head, I pegged the 2v2 Mock Battle at about episode 5-6ish, which would lead into USJ at around 8-10, depending how long the villain battles take, and the majority of the middle would be the Sports Festival, with 20-26 as the Stain stuff.

Of course this is me thinking of everything happening with a brisk pace, which isn't guaranteed, so who can say. It would feel really weird to start off a second season with Ingenium in the hospital and then Stain and the Noumus showing up and poo poo getting super dire in like episode 4 or whatever, though.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Just as an aside, is there ever well done filler? Do production companies ever wind up pleasantly fleshing things out with their filler? Maybe I'm just bitter about how shamelessly Toei milks One Piece for money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Apparently one piece has one of the only notably good filler arcs with G8 or whatever, people go ape over it. I guess some of the characters from it even eventually showed up in the manga during a scene full of marines at one point too