Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yatsuha
Sep 7, 2005

Grandpa's got his groove back

esselfortium posted:

In those comparisons, which version is the newer one?

Mouse over one :j:

Looks like episode 19 had some fuckups for colouring that Sephirotic is going ham on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djfQ0UKGzrw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I mean, isn't the particular hue of the colors not very important? I think they both look fine. One is brighter, one is darker, very slightly. It probably changes the way you perceive the series as a whole if you make that kind of sweeping change.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Now that Misato almost fails the paperbag test I dont trust her with children and I bet she got her job through affirmative action.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Now that Misato almost fails the paperbag test I dont trust her with children and I bet she got her job through affirmative action.

What does this mean?

EDIT: Found it and I was probably happier not knowing that existed.

Yatsuha
Sep 7, 2005

SHISHKABOB posted:

I mean, isn't the particular hue of the colors not very important? I think they both look fine. One is brighter, one is darker, very slightly. It probably changes the way you perceive the series as a whole if you make that kind of sweeping change.

I think the general consensus was that some colour changes were made after broadcast in the renewal version to try to "Lucas" some poo poo up?? I mean I think some stuff looks awesome in the BD version but some of it looks kinda too sharp? Maybe Outlaw Star ruined me for 90's series BD releases.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

sharktamer posted:

Wasn't it a PSP pinball game or something?

Yeah, an RPG dating sim, though apparently they did heavily interview Anno and he helped in the development. How much the files actually add to the experience of watching the show is questionable.

Classified Information posted:

The Secret Dead Sea Scrolls are a scripture written by the First Ancestral Race, a manual regarding the Seed of Life (Progenitor Entity) and the usage of the Spear of Longinus security device, possibly while applying a scheme at the time of use to a religious group's own doctrines. They are written prophecy, in so far as they remain active even in the current day according to a design of the past.

Until then, Seele had only fragmentary knowledge of the scrolls' contents and existence, but they had never imagined that the scrolls might actually exist, contain meaningful prophecies, and turn up in near-perfect condition. They were sent to headquarters promptly, upon which the actual truth was skewed and immediately covered up. The parts of little consequence, later released to the public, were called the Dead Sea Scrolls, whereas what Seele made off with were dubbed the Secret Dead Sea Scrolls.

For those interested in the full Van Daniken: http://wiki.evageeks.org/Classified_Information_%28Translation%29

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Yeah, an RPG dating sim, though apparently they did heavily interview Anno and he helped in the development. How much the files actually add to the experience of watching the show is questionable.

For those interested in the full Van Daniken: http://wiki.evageeks.org/Classified_Information_%28Translation%29

This keeps saying the Evas were made from Adam, and the crucified angel under nerve is Adam. I thought it was like 100% that was Lillith on both counts?

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Moose-Alini posted:

This keeps saying the Evas were made from Adam, and the crucified angel under nerve is Adam. I thought it was like 100% that was Lillith on both counts?

The first paragraph:

quote:

Taking discrepancies in security access into account (e.g., it requires a higher clearance level to learn that the white giant is Lilith rather than Adam), the information appears to reconcile fully with the show.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

ChairMaster posted:

The first paragraph:

Oh lol I just skipped to the factoids

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Moose-Alini posted:

I thought the deal was that Unit-01 was made from Lilith, which is part of what made it so special, while the others were made from Adam, which is why Kaworu could sync with any of them so easily.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Paracelsus posted:

I thought the deal was that Unit-01 was made from Lilith, which is part of what made it so special, while the others were made from Adam, which is why Kaworu could sync with any of them so easily.

Not likely, considering that Adam was reduced to a fetus and encased in Bakelite after the contact experiment. I mean, I don't think the series ever clarifies precisely, but there's a lot of visual stuff to suggest that the Evangelions were made from the giant in the basement, and the giant in the basement is Lilith.

Somewhat related: what made Unit-01 special was, first, that it had Yui in it, and second, that it consumed an Angel's core. The first is what made it so important to Gendo (to SEELE's disgust, either because they didn't know his real reason or didn't care) and consuming the core is what made it so much more dangerous / god-like / more relevant to Third Impact than the other Evas.

e: Eva-Wiki agrees with your version, not mine! No idea what they're basing it on, though, probably more dating game stuff.

e2: Oh, okay, it's from Kaworu calling Unit-02 "clone/alter ego of Adam" while Unit-01 is "clone/alter ego of Lilith." and some translations omit these phrases entirely because ~reasons~.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 17, 2015

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Not likely, considering that Adam was reduced to a fetus and encased in Bakelite after the contact experiment. I mean, I don't think the series ever clarifies precisely, but there's a lot of visual stuff to suggest that the Evangelions were made from the giant in the basement, and the giant in the basement is Lilith.

Somewhat related: what made Unit-01 special was, first, that it had Yui in it, and second, that it consumed an Angel's core. The first is what made it so important to Gendo (to SEELE's disgust, either because they didn't know his real reason or didn't care) and consuming the core is what made it so much more dangerous / god-like / more relevant to Third Impact than the other Evas.

e: Eva-Wiki agrees with your version, not mine! No idea what they're basing it on, though, probably more dating game stuff.

e2: Oh, okay, it's from Kaworu calling Unit-02 "clone/alter ego of Adam" while Unit-01 is "clone/alter ego of Lilith." and some translations omit these phrases entirely because ~reasons~.
I presume the Evas were cloned rather than molded like clay, so you just need the genetic code and not building-size amounts of material. Once they'd got the code and some cells, either after Second Impact or before (when Adam was still the Giant of Light), they could easily have both made the Evas seen in the graveyard in the basement and had Lilith nearby without one necessitating the other.

Also I said "part of what made it so special," not "the only thing that made it so special."

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Huh I guess your right, dunno why I thought they were all from Lilith

Kaworu says "The Eva series, born of Adam, and a loathsome existence to humans. Why the Lilim would use 'that' in order to survive - I can't understand.” And a bunch of other stuff that implies they are all (maybe not 01) from Adam.

Assuming he is working from perfect knowledge I guess? Maybe he just doesn't have high enough security clearance...

Or is he referring to the production series? They are obviously very different from 0 to 3

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think he was though, wasn't he surprised to find that it was Lilith in the basement and not Adam, or am I mis-remembering?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't think he was though, wasn't he surprised to find that it was Lilith in the basement and not Adam, or am I mis-remembering?

It's hard to say because the director's cut introduces a seemingly-contradictory scene where he knows that Gendo has absorbed Adam.

Yatsuha
Sep 7, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It's hard to say because the director's cut introduces a seemingly-contradictory scene where he knows that Gendo has absorbed Adam.

If I remember right, when Kaworu realizes its Lilith down there and not Adam he let's Shinji kill him though right?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Yatsuha posted:

If I remember right, when Kaworu realizes its Lilith down there and not Adam he let's Shinji kill him though right?

Yeah, that's what happens. It's not entirely clear if he's been thinking about letting Shinji kill him the whole time, or if discovering Lilith is the final piece of some puzzle, or what, but the end result is the same.

(There's a fan theory that he's playacting his surprise so he can indirectly tell Rei III "oh by the way, this is Lilith," presumably prompting her to do her hand-chomp-merge thing later, but it's pretty tenuous and mostly just exists to try to explain away the continuity error I mentioned.)

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I seem to recall hearing that Anno decided pretty late in the game to have the basement giant be Lilith and not Adam and that could explain why there seem to be some inconsistencies.

Yatsuha
Sep 7, 2005

I think too that maybe Gendo was trying to keep Seele on it's toes?
Second Impact got started because people hosed with Adam and his Spear, it would be crazy as gently caress (even for Nerv) to let him chill in Terminal Dogma even if they did have another spear. Yeah I know Adam is the base for Evas except for maybe Unit-1. I guess that could be why Kaji had to bring Gendo the Adam embryo so he could put it in his hand. In the manga Gendo eats Adam and can form an A.T. Field, Kaworu calls him Father in 2.0 which is weird. But then Gendo kinda reminds me of Keel with that weird visor he's rocking in 3.0.

Yatsuha
Sep 7, 2005

Guess I might be making GBS threads up the Eva thread (sorry for the double post) but some dude did a redub of episode 1 with only his voice doing every character and every sound effect and all the music w/ kazoo and I got a chuckle out of it.
You sync it up Rifftrax style with the first episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol8ickK_YLk

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Yatsuha posted:

Guess I might be making GBS threads up the Eva thread (sorry for the double post) but some dude did a redub of episode 1 with only his voice doing every character and every sound effect and all the music w/ kazoo and I got a chuckle out of it.

This is the greatest thing I've ever seen. Thank you.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
I hope a movie announcement comes soon; it's been a disappointing Year of Eva.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Leroy Dennui posted:

I hope a movie announcement comes soon; it's been a disappointing Year of Eva.

anno anounces it comes out next week. Japan falls into disarray.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

If this is true, then why doesn't Shinji's father pilot the Eva instead of putting his son at such dangerous risk?

I'm pretty late to this one, but this question, like a lot of the series, makes a lot more sense when you keep one very important fact in mind: Gendo Ikari, by the time the audience gets to meet him, is a Terrible, Awful, No-Good, Very Bad Person.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Yatsuha posted:

Mmm thats good stuff

Be sure to play the goofy theme before this too.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

Yatsuha posted:

Dude should start a Patreon and see if people pay for him to do the entire series.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

He even did the next episode preview. :allears:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Wow I just noticed it says "SOUND ONLY" lmbo

Yatsuha
Sep 7, 2005

He uploaded his version of Kazoo Angel's Thesis :toot:
Fly me to the Moon is on his Soundcloud too!

Gravity Falls ' Weirdmageddon has everyone screaming "OMG IT'S EVANGELION"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYUqiGKuucA

edit: Also I forgot, today is the day episode 17's events take place if we really want to nerd it up. I've been missing the dates because of lovely internet and life (plus no one probably cares :smith:)

Yatsuha fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 29, 2015

Vel
Jun 7, 2014

Hey, Amazon sent me an email this morning to tell me that Eva 3.33 will be arriving February 2, 2016. We'll see...

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Vel posted:

Hey, Amazon sent me an email this morning to tell me that Eva 3.33 will be arriving February 2, 2016. We'll see...

I got the same one. Had to chuckle a bit when it said they have a release date for my order made in January of 2014.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I got the same one. Had to chuckle a bit when it said they have a release date for my order made in January of 2014.

Ordered November 20th, 2013. Will finally be delivered February 2nd, 2016.

Hope the loving wait was worth whatever they had to change.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Amazon UK cancelled my pre-order like a year ago.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Amazon UK cancelled my pre-order like a year ago.
wow ain't that poo poo illegal

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TheFallenEvincar posted:

wow ain't that poo poo illegal

I think they send a message to you after a year that goes like "hey, we don't know when this is actually happening, click here to keep the order open otherwise we'll just cancel it".

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I had thought the angels were from a planet(s) where Adam type eggs had landed, but apparently the angels are all part of Earth's Adam somehow (release of souls from the white moon or maybe something else)? And that classified information implies the angels knew Lilith was trapped in terminal dogma (innately, because they should know Adam wasn;t there until later and they don't seem to collude), except for Kaworu who wanted Adam because ???

Rebuild 4 is going to be even more unsatisfying than the show with it's bullshit too ugh

Relin fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 16, 2015

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kaworu wanted Adam to start Third Impact, because he's one of the Angels, who all wanted Adam for the exactly that reason.

Rebuild 4 is going to own.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
It is gonna seriously own. Even if it is never made, it will still own.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

SHISHKABOB posted:

Even if it is never made, it will still own.

Either way we'll never get a blu-ray release in the U.S. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

it's going to be the best movie of whatever decade it's released in, just like how end of eva is the best movie of the 90s