Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
SEED Remaster predated the recent HG craze, and SEED itself was infamous for having all non-Kira model kits kind of flop. Also recoloring + throwing in new decals is waaaaaay cheaper than making a full on modern HG.

We got the five MG Seed vRMs out of it so I'm pretty cool with how it turned out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
Man the Buster and Dual are one of my favorite MGs. Sturdy, cool looking, and fairly cheap. The Aigis can go gently caress itself with its transformation and those hip binders though.

Edit: I also didn't buy the new Strike RM or the Blitz but if I'm gonna get another seed MG I'm tempted on that 3rd party Akatsuki first.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

BlitzBlast posted:

SEED Remaster predated the recent HG craze, and SEED itself was infamous for having all non-Kira model kits kind of flop. Also recoloring + throwing in new decals is waaaaaay cheaper than making a full on modern HG.

We got the five MG Seed vRMs out of it so I'm pretty cool with how it turned out.

I built a few gunpla from gundam seed,

Dinn is a clunky thing.
Raider, is a sad sad hg.
Gouf ignited's backpack is really flimsy.
Forbidden and Calamity are both pretty solid for a hg kit.

The big thing all of these have that single jointed hip that makes the legs unable to bend outward with out popping off. It makes standing them alittle awkward. Who needs legs if you got stands I guess.

Edit: some of these were the remaster line, man the 00 hg models really spoiled me on double joined hip to legs so you didn't have stumpy the gundam trying to stand up.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 28, 2015

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

I built a few gunpla from gundam seed,

Dinn is a clunky thing.
Raider, is a sad sad hg.
Gouf ignited's backpack is really flimsy.
Forbidden and Calamity are both pretty solid for a hg kit.

The big thing all of these have that single jointed hip that makes the legs unable to bend outward with out popping off. It makes standing them alittle awkward. Who needs legs if you got stands I guess.

What the higherups don't understand is that the legs are just for show.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Man, it's always a little scary working on a Kotobukiya kit. The more fragile plastic and tighter-fitting parts makes me constantly worry i'm gonna accidentally break something.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Droyer posted:

Man, it's always a little scary working on a Kotobukiya kit. The more fragile plastic and tighter-fitting parts makes me constantly worry i'm gonna accidentally break something.

I'm hesitant to get one of their kits again after their Megaman Zero's balljoints kept on breaking off whenever i tried to pose it. :(
Recommendations I saw later was that sanding down the parts so they're a looser fit helps a lot.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
So I just finished my MG DeathScythe Hell after more than an year from when I bought it and have barely started working on the Turn X I got almost an year ago and now I'm getting this crazy idea of building an MG from every Gundam (except SEED cause SEED sucks). What I really want to know is if there's a good MG for G Gundam. All the good stuff appears to be HG (Fuunsaiki :( ) or the MGs are hard to find and overpriced. Also, if anyone wants to shoot any suggestions for any MG, feel free.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Mad Lupine posted:

So I just finished my MG DeathScythe Hell after more than an year from when I bought it and have barely started working on the Turn X I got almost an year ago and now I'm getting this crazy idea of building an MG from every Gundam (except SEED cause SEED sucks). What I really want to know is if there's a good MG for G Gundam. All the good stuff appears to be HG (Fuunsaiki :( ) or the MGs are hard to find and overpriced. Also, if anyone wants to shoot any suggestions for any MG, feel free.

The G MGs are old, but I think they hold up pretty well. There's only 4 though: Shining, God, Master and Spiegel.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

To be fair, they have made new HGCE kits of the Strike and Freedom, so new kits of the other SEED Gundams arent entirely impossible.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Droyer posted:

What're you working on?

My little brother finished his Gaeon today. Really fun-looking build but the model is naturally back-heavy and very difficult to pose without a stand.

I got the Schwalbe Graze because I didn't want to wait for it on backorder. I've got too many blue suits so I got Char's Zaku II as well to break things up. Was gonna get them on HLJ but it actually ended up being slightly cheaper getting them from Toyshop Japan Hobby One. Held off on the Z'gok/Gouf.

There's a guy selling a RG 00 Raiser on Craigslist for $25 which I might pick up this weekend, as well. My brother just pointed out with some concern that I've spent a ton of my free time since I started on looking at gunpla and buying gunpla...ahahah. Ahahaha. Ahahahahaha. :shepspends:

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Droyer posted:

The G MGs are old, but I think they hold up pretty well. There's only 4 though: Shining, God, Master and Spiegel.

Master Gundam is the correct answer.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Huh, I haven't checked out IBO yet but that Ms looks a hell of a lot like a TSF.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

DamnGlitch posted:

Huh, I haven't checked out IBO yet but that Ms looks a hell of a lot like a TSF.

?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To be fair, they have made new HGCE kits of the Strike and Freedom, so new kits of the other SEED Gundams arent entirely impossible.

Kira piloted the Strike and the Freedom!

We're likely to see Justice/Strike Freedom/Impulse/Destiny by sheer virtue of them being Protagonist Gundams but everything else is probably a wash.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

BlitzBlast posted:

Kira piloted the Strike and the Freedom!

We're likely to see Justice/Strike Freedom/Impulse/Destiny by sheer virtue of them being Protagonist Gundams but everything else is probably a wash.

Where is the Calamity mg?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I've just realised it's gotten to the point where I'm most excited about the Origin OVAs and a potential Thunderbolt OVA because it means new kits. :negative:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I guaratee you we'll be getting at least one MG from the Thunderbolt series. Gotta resuse that Zaku II 2.0 or Gundam 2.0 frame somehow.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

John Quixote posted:

What're you working on?

The Kotobukiya Shin Getter 1

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Came home from work yesterday and my Wife had picked me up the MG Char Z'gok. She said she thought that one looked cool, but it was between that and a Gouf. I applauded her taste in Gunpla.

systemchronos
Apr 11, 2015

Kingtheninja posted:

Came home from work yesterday and my Wife had picked me up the MG Char Z'gok. She said she thought that one looked cool, but it was between that and a Gouf. I applauded her taste in Gunpla.

Your wife has good taste, but cool is not the word I'd use to describe a Z'gok

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm looking forward to the Origin Z'gok redesign, since it looks a lot more like a Zaku II and a lot less derpy as a result.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Anyone who is into grunt suits is a "keeper", as they would say.

And Droyer, definitely post the Getter when it's done. It's interesting to hear differences between Bandai and Kotobukiya kits. And everyone wants to see the finished product~!

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

There's no time, hurry up!

Everything's so fantastic!
Speaking of Origin, wasn't the Mobile Worker supposed to be out soon, or a while ago? I thought the original release date was supposed to be sometime in September, but :iiam:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hobbysearch has it listed as "October," but yeah, we're most of the way through that particular month. :v:

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Amazon lists November 4th for the Gundam Origin worker.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well, surprising absolutely nobody, the Mechanicore Deep Striker got pushed back again. Now the tentative release date is December 31st. The prototype shots are looking great though, even if I have absolutely zero faith in the stand they're showing off not snapping like a twig once it has a six kilogram kit sitting on top of it.

I guess it gives me more time to put money away for the inevitable gigantic shipping charge.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

John Quixote posted:

Anyone who is into grunt suits is a "keeper", as they would say.

And Droyer, definitely post the Getter when it's done. It's interesting to hear differences between Bandai and Kotobukiya kits. And everyone wants to see the finished product~!

Sure, but one warning: I'm a complete scrub when it comes to gunpla.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

systemchronos posted:

Your wife has good taste, but cool is not the word I'd use to describe a Z'gok

The Z'gok is cool to me. :colbert:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

closeted republican posted:

The Z'gok is cool to me. :colbert:

The *-E version looks pretty cool. Building one right now.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kibner posted:

Not to be confused with the Z'Gocky, which is also cool and which I desperately wish had received a kit.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Not to be confused with the Z'Gocky, which is also cool and which I desperately wish had received a kit.

you can at least look at the cool pics of the one somebody scratchbuilt :)

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Kibner posted:

Have fun with the arms and legs. :unsmigghh:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

dogsicle posted:

you can at least look at the cool pics of the one somebody scratchbuilt :)

I did. And the Gaitrash. They only made the pain worse.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

closeted republican posted:

Have fun with the arms and legs. :unsmigghh:

Haha, I've heard stories. All I've done so far is the head and the two hands. The arms are next.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyone know what this is a rebrand of?
http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/5297/MSS+45+Super+Clear+100+MSS+46+Super+Clear+70+MSS+47+Super+Clear+50+MSS+48+Super+Clear+0.html
Im interested because its pre-thinned for air-brushing. If its anything like or possibly is Mr. super clear I have used in spray cans it should be an excellent product.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 29, 2015

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I've finished Shin Getter 1. I'll post pics tomorrow when it isn't the middle of the night.

Also my fingers hurt.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Did anybody know that Super Fumina is huge?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah but the Powered GM Cardigan with optional Powered Arms Powerder is also a short suit

Power

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Fauxtool posted:

yeah but the Powered GM Cardigan with optional Powered Arms Powerder is also a short suit

Power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE

Super fumina is a kit I'll never buy because even though I make plastic mecha, I don't want to make/own plastic anime girls.
It's cool they made it though. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Man, I wish they'd do a MG powered GM Cardigan.