Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

effectual posted:

We're just givin you poo poo man, some movies can seem great the first time and suck the next time.

I remember being in a super dark place in my life and seeing Synechdoche, NY high as a kite and thought it was going to go down as one of the landmark movies of the 21st Century. Almost 10 years later and it's a forgotten curiosity at best, and rewatching it is a massive chore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Sleeveless posted:

Taylor Lautner becoming one of Adam Sandler's recurring cronies is the weirdest thing.

I can't put my finger on what's so odd about it.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I bet Adam Sandler is a fun guy to hang out around

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

I bet Adam Sandler is a fun guy to hang out around

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

isn't the h8tful8 being released in cinemas around the same time

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I can't put my finger on what's so odd about it.

He's like 10 years younger than the youngest member of his usual posse and wasn't a comedian by trade before joining.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

mind the walrus posted:

He's like 10 years younger than the youngest member of his usual posse and wasn't a comedian by trade before joining.

Exactly. He's a teenage sex symbol turned stooge for a bunch of schlubby beyond-middle-aged manchild comedians whose movies almost always include women younger than them who find them desirable, the whole thing is just incredibly Freudian.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Saddest Rhino posted:

isn't the h8tful8 being released in cinemas around the same time
I was just about to ask if this is the Friedberg/Seltzer comeback none of us asked for.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Trying the Al Pacino look I see.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Sleeveless posted:

Exactly. He's a teenage sex symbol turned stooge for a bunch of schlubby beyond-middle-aged manchild comedians whose movies almost always include women younger than them who find them desirable, the whole thing is just incredibly Freudian.

it also looks like taylor is gonna go full retard for this movie which will sink his career even further

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The Saddest Rhino posted:

it also looks like taylor is gonna go full retard for this movie which will sink his career even further

Well, I mean, where could it really go from here?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Get rid of Sandler et al, I would watch an entire movie of just this:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011

Should have left Rob Schneider untouched.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Now I know who this reminds me of - Floyd Pinkerton from The Wall. Right when he starts losing it big time and shaves off his nipples.

Except, I could believe Floyd was going genuinely crazy. This Joker looks like he was designed by focus group.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
The looks sort of makes sense for a more modern joker, albeit it's a bit Juggalo-y.

What I can't get past is the skeletor laugh.

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.

I feel like Terry Crews is too good for this right now, but then I look at his filmography and realize that nah, he's in a lot of lovely stuff. I get that everyone has to do "hey, a paycheque's a paycheque" movies, he just seems to recognize and own that fact in a more self-aware way than others I guess, which is why the Terry Crews brand stays so strong.
He'll be the best thing about this garbage movie.

Moacher fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 28, 2015

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Moacher posted:

I feel like Terry Crews is too good for this right now, but then I look at his filmography and realize that nah, he's in a lot of lovely stuff. I get that everyone has to do "hey, a paycheque's a paycheque" movies, he just seems to recognize and own that fact in a more self-aware way than others I guess, which is why the Terry Crews brand stays so strong.
He'll be the best thing about this garbage movie.

While there's a self-awareness about him, especially in comedies, I seem to remember reading/hearing an interview with him about how he's "blessed" with a career he never could have imagined for himself. And that every role he takes from the commercials to movies he does wholeheartedly and enthusiastically because he truly is enjoying what he's doing. I think people can see that and respond to that.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

And in a roundabout way that's why Terry Crews has such a good career-- he enjoys the art of creating more than he does the idea of creating art, which from an individual point of view is commendable.

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.
Yeah, I think you guys both nailed it. Terry loves yogurt performing, and it absolutely comes across every single time.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Dillbag posted:

Is this the one where a bunch of the Native American stand ins walked because it was super racist, and not even funny racist?

"Let me put my pee-pee in your tee-pee."-an actual quote from the script.

As they explain in the Hollywood Handbook podcast, this is very offensive. The Indians in the film would use wigwams and the script should be "I wanna put my figfam in your wigwam."

Also there's great lines like "If you're sits-on-face then I'm stiff-in-pants." It was written by 5th graders.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 28, 2015

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The scene where Terry Crews is naked, covered in blood and singing "I've Got No Strings" from Pinocchio in Gamer is the highlight of his career.

God bless Terry Crews/Neveldine/Taylor/and what the hell, Hollywood Handbook is wonderful, too.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ThatPazuzu posted:

"Let me put my pee-pee in your tee-pee."-an actual quote from the script.

As they explain in the Hollywood Handbook podcast, this is very offensive. The Indians in the film would use wigwams and the script should be "I wanna put my figfam in your wigwam."

Also there's great lines like "If you're sits-on-face then I'm stiff-in-pants." It was written by 5th graders.

Who finds this stuff funny?

I mean, not even taking the racism into account. That is nega-comedy.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Terry Crews had been the good part of some mediocre movies, like the aforementioned puppet string dancing in Gamer, the almost viral video of him singing to Vanessa Carlton in White Chicks, and his stint as president in Idiocracy. So he likely will be the exception to the norm in the shitshow of Adam Sandler's racist movie

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Crews was easily the best part of previous Sandler shitshow The Longest Yard

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

I've known a lot of adults that laugh and laugh hard at moments like that for some reason. Like they're not usually laughers and then when they see a moment like this they honk at it. I don't really get it and won't pretend I've got some superior taste, but people do viscerally respond to dumb poo poo like that.

pookerbug
Jan 21, 2006

the vitreous humourist
https://vimeo.com/143849036

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is one of the more violent and disturbing movies Ive seen and this is a hilariously perfect poster.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Terry Crews was in that recent Drew Barrymore Sandler movie that nobody remembers anything about besides whst I just wrote as well. So he might be part of the Sandmen now as well

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Adam Sandler if ur into that nickname I just made up hmu.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That name is far too cool for a proud hack like Sandler to have.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I call him Sandwichler because is subtly sounds like I'm calling him Hitler.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Let's call his posse the Sandbugs.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

How progressive of them to cast a man for the part of Jessica Jones.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'm not looking forward to that show because of Marvel, or the story, or anything to do with the actual show. I'm looking forward to seeing the fangirls that only know him from Doctor Who either tear themselves apart, or start trying to validate The Worst Person.

So I endorse this promo art, which will basically ensure that these things will happen.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Evil Mastermind posted:

The racism is what makes it funny.

Also, if you are gonna complain about racism, maybe don't use the "N" word, hth

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Cleretic posted:

I'm not looking forward to that show because of Marvel, or the story, or anything to do with the actual show. I'm looking forward to seeing the fangirls that only know him from Doctor Who either tear themselves apart, or start trying to validate The Worst Person.

So I endorse this promo art, which will basically ensure that these things will happen.

:laffo: if you think tumblr type Dr. Who fans aren't going to just be MORE turned on now that he's a mind rapist or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Is this David Mack or someone aping David Mack?