Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Sailor Senshi?
This poll is closed.
Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino 6 4.51%
Sailor Mercury/Ami Mizuno 15 11.28%
Sailor Mars/Rei Hino 23 17.29%
Sailor Jupiter/Makoto Kino 42 31.58%
Sailor Venus/Minako Aino 6 4.51%
why didnt you put the outers on here fucker 41 30.83%
Total: 133 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

pon alien posted:

I'm a sexist misogynist. i hate women.

greetings asanagi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Droyer posted:

I think both of the shows with nichijou in their names are good

:shittydog: yeah! :shittydog:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sorry Corals posted:

you dont understand, by "lose years off her life" he meant all of them, since he asked while sheathing his hanzo steel.

That's too far out. I mean, middle-school, breath-of-fire-obsessed me would've probably been all over that. On the other hand, like half my neighbors know that Atila bit the fingers off an rear end in a top hat who tried to mug me back in June, so as far as I'm concerned: Loyal (and Handsome) German Shepherd willing to gently caress someone up to protect me > Some Hanzo steel doodad. ;)

Endorph posted:

i know some people thought my 'daily lives fans are weirdo sexists' theory was out there, but im glad im getting evidence to back it up.

Wait, is this true? Are Nichibros/Nichijou fans less-than-savory? :(

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
We're the worst at drawing

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the wildest rear end posted:

greetings asanagi

Please don't insult the Red Pilled Bodhisattva, Fatalpulse.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

So much jackbox

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wish the Nichi shows had different names so people wouldn't feel compelled to constantly derail conversations by ranking them

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Namtab posted:

So much jackbox

it's good

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i wish the Nichi shows had different names so people wouldn't feel compelled to constantly derail conversations by ranking them

Outside of being SoL comedies they're not even that similar. Their styles of comedy are completely different

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

...maybe

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I wish playing YDKJ was viable

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

greetings asanagi

Is this like a weird mangaka / writer / blogger or something?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Droyer posted:

Outside of being SoL comedies they're not even that similar. Their styles of comedy are completely different

yup
and one was touched by the animation gods, so there's a level of appeal there beyond the humor.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Yasonobu as "the Daily Lives mangaka"

Yasonobu as Bomber Grape

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Wark Say posted:

check some out

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

dogsicle posted:

I wish Nichibros wasn't brought up so much because there are a lot better SoL shows than it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it really sucks that there won't be a Zaix10 anime though

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Wark Say posted:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Parallax posted:

I wish playing YDKJ was viable

We can play provided people are ok about switching out between rounds, I don't mind taking a break

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Parallax posted:

I wish Nichibros wasn't brought up so much because there are a lot better SoL shows than it

i dunno, it seems really funny from all the bits i've seen. not that i've seen a ton of SoL but it seems on par with CroHigh, Azumanga, etc

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i dunno, it seems really funny from all the bits i've seen. not that i've seen a ton of SoL but it seems on par with CroHigh, Azumanga, etc

I like it but let's not go too far here

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Nichibros is near k-on tier good

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

nichibros is really good

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

quote to see the picture

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Namtab posted:

Nichibros is near k-on tier good

namtab no

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

nichibros is really good

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
maybe the prejudiced ones were us, girl lovers, all along

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

nichibros is really good

:yeah:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Droyer posted:

I like it but let's not go too far here

it seems pretty reasonable, to me.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I will say though the last episode had me laughing like a madman

"I came from inside the mirror"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
kcb and i went to perkins and had food but it was busy and the waitress liked us so she made her manager pay for our meal

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
it was cool

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

it seems pretty reasonable, to me.

Azumanga was like the first comedy anime i watched so i might be somewhat blinded by nostalgia

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I watched Azumanga way back in the day and it's something I purposely haven't revisited.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Droyer posted:

Parallax posted:

Nichibros always felt "tighter" when it came to the funsies, even if it never went to the places Nichijou did. Nichijou, on the other hand, always gave me those "Kyoani animation :dance:" vibes, even if sometimes it went to really cringe-worthy places that could be somewhat hit-and-miss, funsies-wise.

Sorry Corals posted:

check some out

quote to see the picture

Yeah, not gonna happen.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i do not have any illusions that my other early comedy anims (HnG, GA Design) were particularly good though

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Wark Say posted:

Nichibros always felt "tighter" when it came to the funsies, even if it never went to the places Nichijou did. Nichijou, on the other hand, always gave me those "Kyoani animation :dance:" vibes, even if sometimes it went to really cringe-worthy places that could be somewhat hit-and-miss, funsies-wise.

I don't think there's a tighter show comedy wise than Nichijou. Everything about the timing and reactions is so on point and deliberate

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Srice posted:

I watched Azumanga way back in the day and it's something I purposely haven't revisited.

The manga is good and I own the omnibus

• Locked thread