Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Is that a gold toilet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

Is that a gold toilet

that's a yellow toilet

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Tornado's name bugged me, it doesn't seem to match the naming pattern of the other heroes because it was so simple.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Starsnostars posted:

Tornado's name bugged me, it doesn't seem to match the naming pattern of the other heroes because it was so simple.

Pretty sure "Tornado" is supposed to be a nickname.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Starsnostars posted:

If I remember correctly there was more to her name, like how Fubuki is Blizzard of Hell. Maybe it was the Green Tornado? I can't remember.

Either way she wouldn't be unique there, there are some other heroes with one word names.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Starsnostars posted:

Well, her full title is Tornado of Terror

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

TheKingofSprings posted:

If I remember correctly there was more to her name, like how Fubuki is Blizzard of Hell. Maybe it was the Green Tornado? I can't remember.

Either way she wouldn't be unique there, there are some other heroes with one word names.

Senritsu no Tatsumaki, or SpinningThingie of ShiverDownYourSpine

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm going to spoiler tag this but it's not really a huge game breaking spoiler or really all that important at all but we won't discover it in the anime this time out.

Regarding "Tornado/Blizzard".

Tatsumaki is her real name, just as Fubuki is Blizzard's so their hero names are just adding the suffix to make them a pun. This is proven quite a bit later on.

Bad Seafood, if you don't think this should be here, edit it out and give me a slap on the wrist or whatever.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

The sword bite was amazing. Can someone gif it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

glassyalabolas posted:

The sword bite was amazing. Can someone gif it?

Ok.

Gif not mine.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

Ok.

Gif not mine.

That was one of my favorite panels in the manga I'm happy it's done proper justice

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Waffleman_ posted:

Ok.

Gif not mine.

This was amazing. And Sonic was just like "wtf I didn't even see what happened". Sai goes from bored apathy to RARRRRR to apathy so fast that a dude named Sonic never even sees it.

.jpg posted:

I hope there is never an explanation for his powers and that he's just the strongest guy because someone has to be and it may as well be him.

This. I'm new to the series and was honest to god dissapointed when he started telling his secret. Then I lost it. Genos lost his poo poo about it.

Is it ever gone in more detail? If so...WHY?!@

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Nov 10, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Is it ever gone in more detail? If so...WHY?!@

Relax, ONE is a great writer.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah.

If the writing weren't on point nobody would've cared enough to redraw it from the original scribbles.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

jwang
Mar 31, 2013

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

What a beauty

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah, thats how it should have been

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

:perfect:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

same.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I see you like to play Castlevania!

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Can't wait to see her ONEified in the anime

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

ONE PUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNCH!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I honestly thought I wouldn't like this, but I can't believe how good a show about someone who is too powerful actually is

aers
Feb 15, 2012

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2015-11-11/the-secret-of-one-punch-man-success/.95251

Article about OPM's staff.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Pretty nice read, though the tail end where he says that the gag survives thanks to Murata's art and the animation team's talent made me want to barf. ONE's scripting is strong as hell.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Yeah, not giving a single nod to how strong ONE's writing is is a serious oversight, especially when he gave everyone else their fair due. The strength of ONE's writing and panel layout are what got us here in the first place.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

gnome7 posted:

Yeah, not giving a single nod to how strong ONE's writing is is a serious oversight, especially when he gave everyone else their fair due. The strength of ONE's writing and panel layout are what got us here in the first place.

Think it was because he was judging it all based on the anime, which hasn't gotten to all the really cool stuff yet, it's mostly been action and comedy and the stakes aren't very high nor have their been any cool character moments for the writing to shine through. We'll get them, but right now it's mostly been setup and setpieces.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

quote:

As an adaptation, the One-Punch Man anime has been smart enough to do its own thing and play to the strengths of the new medium, but the series was already conceived with motion in mind. It only feels right that the work of a genius mangaka with a passion for animation would end up being adapted by animation fanatics.
This reads to me like the writer doesn't even know about ONE

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Well, it IS ANN

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
I don't know why people read it beyond the news.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't read the comments part of that news article then. Some people called on the author not mentioning ONE and it devolved into basically people writing walls of texts explaining why writing isn't important at all because if writing was important you could just read the synopsis on wikipedia and call it a day.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Never read the comment section of any website ever.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Hahah! That's where I got the album art image but couldn't find it again...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ONE is one of my favourite people of all time. Give him a Nobel prize, imo.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

This was great. Thank you!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pretty nice read, though the tail end where he says that the gag survives thanks to Murata's art and the animation team's talent made me want to barf. ONE's scripting is strong as hell.

It's a review of One Punch Man, what would it be without completely glossing over Saitama ONE's contributions and giving the credit to other people instead?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
e: woops wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Elentor posted:

Don't read the comments part of that news article then. Some people called on the author not mentioning ONE and it devolved into basically people writing walls of texts explaining why writing isn't important at all because if writing was important you could just read the synopsis on wikipedia and call it a day.

"Well, duh. Anyone can write, it's not like it's a skill that takes time and effort to develop." :jerkbag:

I don't know if there's any research to back it up, but I'll bet that writers get the most flak from idiots firmly in the grasp of Dunning-Kruger.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 12, 2015

• Locked thread