Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Midjack posted:

We're starting to see the Novemver crapbuild results in the scale modeling thread; here's the standout so far.

Just came here to cross-post this. But I note you didn't include a picture!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Huh. After being happily posed on an action base for months, I took my MG Jesta down and now the shield arm will not stay plugged in for hell or high water. Guess I'll glue it.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I had some time between non-Gunpla models (which keep proving to me that Gunpla and normal scale modeling are completely different disciplines of the same skill set) and decided I'd tackle a project I wanted to do for a while: the SD Sonshoko Gerbera, in the style of Meiling from the Touhou Project games. Full details, thoughts, and more photos in my album: http://imgur.com/a/0y8sI

tl;dr it's a whole lotta fun to be able to start and build a really cute little kit, including paint, in the course of a weekend :3:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
One of the myriad of 40K threads brought up a show where a soldier hunts Gundam with an anti-tank gun. I can't find the original post, does the description sound familiar to anyone?

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

VOTOMS actually. Armor Hunter Mellowlink is what you're looking for but I'm not sure where you can find it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

One of the myriad of 40K threads brought up a show where a soldier hunts Gundam with an anti-tank gun. I can't find the original post, does the description sound familiar to anyone?

Igloo had an episode with a MS hunting team. Try the
Gundam thread for more help.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Indolent Bastard posted:

Episode 1 of MS IGLOO 2: The Gravity Front.

It's not very good, I'd suggest instead you watch Armor Hunter Mellowlink, which is an excellent show about a dude armed only with a anti-tank rifle killing people in giant robots

In a similar vein, episode 14 of the original Mobile Suit Gundam, Time, Be Still!, is about a couple Zeon dudes on hoverbikes trying to destroy the Gundam by putting time-bombs on it. It's one of the best episodes of the series.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Dulkor posted:

VOTOMS actually. Armor Hunter Mellowlink is what you're looking for but I'm not sure where you can find it.

That's the one. Thanks.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

So, I'm curious, people were talking about their display shelves and such earlier, how do people around here have their stuff setup? I know detolfs are the go-to for most people, and I'll probably get some eventually myself, but right now I just have a couple shelves, with some kits strewn about.

I suppose it's rude to ask without posting some myself so this is my mess.

Pretty late, but I had some time so I took a few shots today.

I've got a bookcase full of painting backlog (they're in there so they don't get too dusty), and then everything else just gets placed around my house at random.

In that entire album only two kits are done. :negative:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

In that entire album only two kits are done. :negative:

Maybe it's my rather slapdash way of doing things, but everything there looks perfectly fine for display. (Except for the shelves held in by only a push pin, that's still terrifying.) At the very least there's nothing blatantly obviously unfinished, like my silver FAUC that I still need to plaplate up a replacement AAXC panel for, or paint the other revolving launcher. :downs:

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

If the rest of the HG IBO line is just as good as the Barbatos I can see my self hemoraging money into this line.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Luminaflare posted:

If the rest of the HG IBO line is just as good as the Barbatos I can see my self hemoraging money into this line.

Spoiler alert, the Graze is amazing. Buy all three.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Graze Kai is gonna be so good. The solidity of the stock Graze with a beautiful angular head and Schwalbe Graze's high heels. :allears:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I just want there to be a million master grades. Which should be easy since they're all the same frame. :neckbeard:

...:smith:

......:smithicide:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Electric Lady posted:

Graze Kai is gonna be so good. The solidity of the stock Graze with a beautiful angular head and Schwalbe Graze's high heels. :allears:

The feet are identical on the Kai and the regular Graze. Which makes sense, really, seeing as it's literally a regular model that got its upper body smashed open and then crudely patched together again.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Ah, poo poo, you're right. I keep pulling up the Amazon screenshot of it in the action pose. In that one, it looks like it has not high heels.

But on the plus side, this means that they all have high heels!!

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Hi-Mocks dropped under ten dollars today, sold and shipped by Amazon so they're eligible for the Prime shipping. They come out to $9.66 or so after taxes. Good opportunity if you need one (I know I did) or if you want to army build them. Comes out just a bit more expensive than using the cheapest (non-insured) SAL small packet shipping on Hobbysearch. Get 'em while they're still cheap!

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Electric Lady posted:

Hi-Mocks dropped under ten dollars today, sold and shipped by Amazon so they're eligible for the Prime shipping. They come out to $9.66 or so after taxes. Good opportunity if you need one (I know I did) or if you want to army build them. Comes out just a bit more expensive than using the cheapest (non-insured) SAL small packet shipping on Hobbysearch. Get 'em while they're still cheap!

Yay, I just ordered one!

... I have no clue what I'm gonna do with/to it other than the fact that I could maybe try a very small Tommy Wiseau. "Oh, hi Mock"

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

There's no time, hurry up!

Everything's so fantastic!
Despite telling myself that the Turn A & X were going to be my last kits for a looooong time, I kinda couldn't pass up a $20 MG God Gundam.

First time actually taking the effort to paint vulcans and such, and this is going pretty well! Any tips on cleaning up the stray paint in the corners on the left side?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

What kind of paint did you use?

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

Just some P3 and Vallejo acrylics. The stuff's obviously easy enough to remove normally, but these tiny spots are a pain when you have shaky hands. Had to strip and redo one of them already because of that. It isn't really that noticeable from normal viewing distance, so if I can't get all of it, it isn't too big of a deal. Are there any tools made for that purpose, something spongelike that can hold a bit of alcohol? I was thinking of grabbing some makeup blenders, but they don't come to a small enough point.

Astro Creep fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 12, 2015

Oblique Angle
Feb 11, 2011

God or the devil? Why not surpass them both?!
Q-tips work pretty well, as long as they aren't too saturated.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

There are pointy-tip q-tips on the market. You might also get a tiny piece of sponge and hold it with a pair of tweezers or forceps.

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

Ah jeez, yeah, totally forgot pointed Q-tips were A Thing, those actually might work.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just started watching Turn A Gundam.

Why do we not have even an HG WaDom :-(

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Not only that, there isn't even a Bandit.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MJP posted:

I just started watching Turn A Gundam.

Why do we not have even an HG WaDom :-(

As much as I love Turn A's designs, I'm not sure that a foot tall grunt mech will sell that well.

The WaDom is kind of loving huge.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

There's a Gachapon figure, at least.

Astro Creep
May 14, 2013

There are two MG Balls on Amazon right now for $20 with Prime shipping if anyone's been looking for one.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Astro Creep posted:

There are two MG Balls on Amazon right now for $20 with Prime shipping if anyone's been looking for one.

And then there were none.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

God have mercy on my soul, Daban is doing a PG Unicorn. With all the FA parts included.

Kind of annoying since I already bought the bloody FA pack when it came out but oh well.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

God have mercy on my soul, Daban is doing a PG Unicorn. With all the FA parts included.

Kind of annoying since I already bought the bloody FA pack when it came out but oh well.

But Bandai already released a PG Unicorn?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

But Bandai already released a PG Unicorn?

They did. That's why Daban is making one.

(They do copies of Bandai kits, usually web exclusive stuff. :ssh:)

Sounds like their version will come with an LED set too. I think it was Taurus who said Daban's stuff is generally pretty good, if it's comparable to the regular vanilla Bandai PG Unicorn in price, even with all the bells and whistles, I may just get that instead and save the FA set I have for a repaint job sometime in the future.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Nov 12, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

They did. That's why Daban is making one.

(They do copies of Bandai kits, usually web exclusive stuff. :ssh:)

If it's just a flat out copy of a Bandai kit I don't really think that's appropriate to discuss itt. This forums has rules against talking about piracy of anime, seems like that should apply to piracy of Gundam models too.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

boom boom boom posted:

If it's just a flat out copy of a Bandai kit I don't really think that's appropriate to discuss itt. This forums has rules against talking about piracy of anime, seems like that should apply to piracy of Gundam models too.

NARC

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Last time the topic came up, it got the greenlight, so long as it doesn't get too prevalent. Plus, you know, the FA set was a limited run P Bandai exclusive, so in the future, the Daban set will be the only way to get that if you're looking for it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I honestly can't feel too bad for Bandai about 3rd party versions of limited-run web exclusives that aren't even offered in a hassle free way for fans from the US/Europe. I generally understand the why of the limited runs and limited distribution, but c'mon Bandai.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

finishing building the pg strike rouge, so I figured I might a well build the skygrasper. There's some surprising seam lines on the sky grasper given that it's ostensibly a pg kit.

I also forgot how silly it looks. I can buy super robots, but I'm having a harder time buying the toyetic planes.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

boom boom boom posted:

A mod approved it in the last thread, and I have zero issues with it. Daban makes good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

TaurusOxford posted:

A mod approved it in the last thread, and I have zero issues with it. Daban makes good stuff.

You mean Daban copies good stuff well.