Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
My bad, I meant season 4. It's because I've been watching season 5 recently of Suits, so I got the two season numbers confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Dang. I was hoping someone had been making up lots of cool stuff to tell you about Season 5, just to let you down when you get there.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Ditocoaf posted:

Dang. I was hoping someone had been making up lots of cool stuff to tell you about Season 5, just to let you down when you get there.

All female cast #season5spoilers

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Anaconda Rifle posted:

If only

:(

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

only if it's 13 kyungran's

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

HiipFire posted:

only if it's 13 kyungran's

Would you settle for 12 Kyungrans and dealer noona?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Max Peck posted:

Would you settle for 12 Kyungrans and dealer noona?

sure why not

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Ditocoaf posted:

well regardless I never knew that there'd be no more seasons, so that is very sad to know.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Anaconda Rifle posted:

The Genius: Stone Ocean.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Rewatching season 1 reminded me of how amazing Gura was and I wish he showed up in season 4

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

HiipFire posted:

Rewatching season 1 reminded me of how amazing Gura was and I wish he showed up in season 4

He really annoyed the crap out of me. I wish Hongchul had been is s4 though.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Gura was horrible. Dongmin is kind of a better version of him, anyway.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I wish the Season 4 cast was just the Season 1 cast again

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Anaconda Rifle posted:

Don't taunt me.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Anaconda Rifle posted:

spoiler: they cast every previous genius king again but this time they're wearing wigs

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Propaganda Machine posted:

Gura was horrible. Dongmin is kind of a better version of him, anyway.

Gura had great social game but was absolutely terrible at actually playing the games. I love that moment when Sangmin is talking to him during the first horse race and it slowly dawns on him that he needs to cut and run from Gura as fast as possible.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gura's downfall was honestly pretty marvelous in how he ended up totally screwing himself over.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Regy Rusty posted:

Gura's downfall was honestly pretty marvelous in how he ended up totally screwing himself over.

I think he realized he just couldn't handle the gamey side of things and burned out. He even admits it in the final episode of that season when they're doing Hap Gyul. He says he would never have been able to play that one.

He definitely made a really good villain for the first half, and watching Jinho choose him over Pyong for the death match so he could finally get him off the show was supremely cathartic.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah, bringing back Gura just wouldn't really work. If you look at season one has basically Jinho's hero journey he is just the level one boss.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
gura was still cool

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Season 4 spoilers ahead.

I was pissed at how much of a pussy Sangmin became in season 4. I loved him in every other season. Even when he came back as a guest he was badass. But for some reason in season 4 he decided to be Kyunghoons bitch. Definitely not the same Sangmin who won season 2.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Can you elaborate? I thought he was super cool in s4

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Fast Luck posted:

Can you elaborate? I thought he was super cool in s4

Basically the fact that he got himself eliminated in the 2nd episode because he was looking out for kyunghoon instead of looking out for himself. His selfishness (not in a bad way) is what made him such an awesome player. He showed he was willing to do anything to win and he had the skill and smarts to back it up.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Basically the fact that he got himself eliminated in the 2nd episode because he was looking out for kyunghoon instead of looking out for himself. His selfishness (not in a bad way) is what made him such an awesome player. He showed he was willing to do anything to win and he had the skill and smarts to back it up.

Sangmin loves winning, but Sangmin also loves entertainment and messing with people. He recognized Kyunghoon had massive potential for both and Sangmin thought highly enough of himself that he would just be that good and carry two people until that well ran dry. And he may have been able to pull it off if it wasn't for the tragic slip with the lunchbox timer.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

We also missed out on a lot of Dongmin versus Sangmin action. That's what I wanted to see. Two players who excel at forming teams and gaining loyalty.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Anaconda Rifle posted:

We also missed out on a lot of Dongmin versus Sangmin action. That's what I wanted to see. Two players who excel at forming teams and gaining loyalty.

Absolutely.

I wanted to see the 3 winners as the final 3

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I watched it awhile ago so I don't remember as well as you probably, but the initial mistake was Sangmin's (not moving his box) and at the end, when Kyunghoon blew it for him, Kyunghoon was already safe so he wasn't protecting Kyunghoon at that time, was he? He'd worked some magic with Dongmin (after the previous magic moment with the false bottom and magic moment of hiding under a table) but one of the guys he was working with had loose lips and it screwed up his plan. It was a bummer to see him go out but he delivered a lot of flash.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Sangmin's elimination was vital as the catalyst for Kyunghoon's transformation, so I'm cool with it. It would have been nice if he were around for a few more episodes, though, the one he goes out on was so outrageous and promising. Who else would think to hide under a table for an hour in order to gather information on this show?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Third episode. After coming in first in episodes 1 and 2.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sangmin was a necessary sacrifice so that Titty God could rise

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Who else would think to hide under a table for an hour in order to gather information on this show?

This is one of my favorite things from the entire series.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

As I said I'm very late to the party. But I just now watched Season 2 Episode 6 (that's where I'm up to), and man I don't know what to think of the episode.

It had some very interesting twists, but Jiwon is the most despicable player so far. Dohee was very unfortunate, and I feel like most of season 2 so far has been less about the games and more about betrayals.

This picture I found summed up the episode well: http://i.imgur.com/nW1e2lS.jpg

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Never trust anyone on The Genius. Ever!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Lost it at Yohwan.

Most of us fully agree with you. I've actually seen that very episode recommended as the only season 2 episode you need to watch; it's very representative of the season as a whole (though episode 1 was decent).

Jiwon is a oval office and nobody likes him.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Manic X posted:

This picture I found summed up the episode well: http://i.imgur.com/nW1e2lS.jpg [/spoiler]

I love this.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Got an email update from the girl at ITV:

quote:

We were overwhelmed with the amount of responses we received and as you might see unfortunately not everyone’s Skype calls made it into this short taster mainly due to the picture or sound quality but nevertheless please rest assured that everyone’s contributions were greatly appreciated by everyone here at Possessed, including of course Glenn. We learnt so much from everyone we spoke to and your views and opinions have helped shaped our development discussions for the show.

Now we have this taster we can take it to the channels so hopefully you will be hearing from me again soon with good news.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Propaganda Machine posted:

Got an email update from the girl at ITV:

I gave them when I was available but never got a response. Sounds like they had a ton of people anyways though.

I hope someone talked about the nobility of Junghyun while sangmin was in the middle of betraying him.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQITn-hUDNE

Is this confirmation?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The lack of Extreme Ways is disappointing. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Random Stranger posted:

The lack of Extreme Ways is disappointing. :v:

Someone should have worked the lyrics into their response.