Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gorilla Salad posted:

God of War: The Movie.

I'm weak when it comes to ridiculous spectacle so I'll probably go see it.

How was that Max Payne movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

I don't know if it's a step forward or a step back that we're at the point where our unlikely buddy copy movies are about making fun of short people now instead of making fun of women or minorities.

Short jokes are 90% of Kevin Hart's act.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lurdiak posted:

How was that Max Payne movie?

Pretty funny.

I like the shot where Max figured out who the main villain was by remembering that he saw the killer's face mirrored on one of those shiny hanging baby toys for a crib.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sleeveless posted:

I don't know if it's a step forward or a step back that we're at the point where our unlikely buddy copy movies are about making fun of short people now instead of making fun of women or minorities.

I'm guessing it's a step back, because Twins was 1988.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I have not heard of that, but Timothy Odmundson is great and criminally underutilized by the world at large.

edit: though it does look like he's not actually wearing that crown.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Galavant was a surprisingly solid Middle Ages musical comedy show. Odmundson is the best part.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Well uh, looks like Mondo is releasing some of their catalog of """""limited edition"""""" posters they have leftover for their original prices. They're releasing 400 posters at once, some of which only have one copy available.

Just... Wow.
http://mondotees.com/blogs/news/79189699-black-friday-2015-first-ever-online-flat-file-sale

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

GonSmithe posted:

Well uh, looks like Mondo is releasing some of their catalog of """""limited edition"""""" posters they have leftover for their original prices. They're releasing 400 posters at once, some of which only have one copy available.

Just... Wow.
http://mondotees.com/blogs/news/79189699-black-friday-2015-first-ever-online-flat-file-sale

Surely this can only end well.

Mondo doesn't have the infrastructure to handle a single in-demand poster release well.

And they're gonna release 400 simultaneously? Wow.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

They should just cut out the middleman and put them on eBay.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
Not a movie but whatever

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL if anyone thought Jon Snow actually died.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
GRRM Lied Snow DiedLived

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

rawillkill posted:

Not a movie but whatever

Gritty April O'Niel reboot?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

LOL if anyone thought Jon Snow actually died.

I knew there was no chance they were going to keep that under wraps :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They film outdoors anyway, he's been photographed dozens of times now.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Aphrodite posted:

They film outdoors anyway, he's been photographed dozens of times now.

Yeah but half the viewers are people so old they pay for HBO/cable and so therefore don't follow the internet. It's only the other half using their parents' HBOGO accounts that saw the set photos.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Yeah but half the viewers are people so old they pay for HBO/cable and so therefore don't follow the internet. It's only the other half using their parents' HBOGO accounts that saw the set photos.

I don't think the former group is any more likely to see a digital poster.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I stayed away from any and all spoilers since its all new poo poo. But this isnt a big deal - there was no way they would kill him off in such a lame way. Especially when the person who can resurrect dead people is on their way back.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone is so proud of themself with that title.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FROM THE DIRECTOR OF PREDATOR 2

RACE

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

New Jackie Robinson Movie Probably Has Scene Where People Yell Things And He’s Upset And Wants To Fight Back But Doesn’t

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

rawillkill posted:

Not a movie but whatever

Aw son of a bitch.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

dog days are over posted:

Aw son of a bitch.

YOU ALL BOUGHT IT! MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT! - Jon Snow

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Vintersorg posted:

I stayed away from any and all spoilers since its all new poo poo. But this isnt a big deal - there was no way they would kill him off in such a lame way. Especially when the person who can resurrect dead people is on their way back.

Not even on the way back. She already there.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Chances of movie showing the racism Owens faced in America? 5%

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

I'm sorry, I don't see race.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Maxwell Lord posted:

I'm sorry, I don't see race.

Ooh, ouch.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Aphrodite posted:

I don't think the former group is any more likely to see a digital poster.

Nana is on Facebook and the image is on the hbo channel on the tv and it'll appear elsewhere in print and on buses, billboards, hand soaps, feminine hygiene products, cigarette warning labels, and everywhere else you can think of. It's HBO's flagship. The image is going to be everywhere for 5 months.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Madkal posted:

I still have hope the movie will show Hitler shaking hands with Owens but FDR not inviting him to the White House.

Leni Riefenstahl is in the movie, but I wonder if Adi Dassler is too. And is Adidas sponsoring the movie or not?

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun.

Madkal posted:

Going to take the other side and go with 100%. That poo poo is Oscar bait par excellence.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It is but they have a feel good story that doesn't make white people uncomfortable. They will focus on that.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SetPhazers2Funk posted:

Going to take the other side and go with 100%. That poo poo is Oscar bait par excellence.

I would go with this as well.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The MSJ posted:

I still have hope the movie will show Hitler shaking hands with Owens but FDR not inviting him to the White House.

Leni Riefenstahl is in the movie, but I wonder if Adi Dassler is too. And is Adidas sponsoring the movie or not?

end movie with triumphant Owens winning against the nazis, followed by montage of him being so poor he's forced to race with racehorses

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

It is but they have a feel good story that doesn't make white people uncomfortable. They will focus on that.

Talking about how things Used To Be Racist is acceptable to whitey. As long as the film doesn't imply in any way that racism is still a thing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SetPhazers2Funk posted:

Chance a movie with Jason Sudeikis will ever win an Oscar: 23%.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Lurdiak posted:

YOU KNOW NOTHING! - Jon Snow

...a message to everybody who thought Jon Snow was actually dead. I barely paid attention to the horrible last season but even I could figure out that they weren't going to kill him for good.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
0%

The main character is a black man who faced enormous racism, not the white woman who was the savior of the black man who faced enormous racism.

White Americans are going to be the heroes of the story as they cheer him on and give him the strength to keep fighting via their unwavering support.

At best they'll have a cartoonish racist southern character that harumphs at him, but winds up cheering in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010