Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do YOU continue to watch Monday Night RAW?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy the storytelling 14 3.60%
I enjoy the athleticism 18 4.63%
I enjoy standing up for WWE 9 2.31%
I enjoy tater tots 37 9.51%
I enjoy magic beans 26 6.68%
I enjoy succatash 19 4.88%
I enjoy having something to flip to between plays on Monday Night Football 17 4.37%
I enjoy having something to flip to during commercials on NCIS 7 1.80%
I enjoy Foochs' attempts at optimism 42 10.80%
I enjoy FartBlood's attempts at erotica 17 4.37%
I enjoy hatewatching 58 14.91%
I hate enjoywatching 27 6.94%
I enjoy waiting for the off-chance that MY CLIENT BROCK LESNAR will appear 51 13.11%
I enjoy passing the time until Lucha Underground Season 2 kicks off 47 12.08%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Dean's mannerisms are great :allears: wonder if he's gonna be all dressed up again at the Slammy's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

achillesforever6 posted:

How quickly would the WWE lose their sponsors if that happened?

What they shouldn't do is book themselves into a corner where the hero hitting a woman is the thing that almost everyone watching both expects and desires.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

zakharov posted:

Nobody is going to give Stephanie McMahon a Stone Cold Stunner Superman Punch in the year 2015. It all depends on how they pay this off if VKM actually shows up.

In that case though, why put Roman in that situation? Why have Stephanie physically confront him if he isn't able to do something back. I'm not talking about him punching her or slapping her back or anything, but a verbal retort, something to take the wind out of her sails or show her up and keep Roman's momentum going instead of grinding to a halt up against somebody he isn't allowed to talk back to or otherwise get over. This guy is supposed to THE top guy.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Fat Lowtax posted:

shut the """""up Stephine Mcmahon@you dont say that Romans family is a disgrace# your a DISGRACE

Kayfabe is alive in well in the WWE instagram comments

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Keg posted:

He should have punched her in the loving jaw and powerbombed her TO HELL

I know we don't do intergender violence anymore but they could have booked him to catch her hand and be like "stop before you actually make me mad" or some form of defense other than just getting visibly rocked, you know like a person with any form of backbone would do in reality

Jerusalem posted:

In that case though, why put Roman in that situation? Why have Stephanie physically confront him if he isn't able to do something back. I'm not talking about him punching her or slapping her back or anything, but a verbal retort, something to take the wind out of her sails or show her up and keep Roman's momentum going instead of grinding to a halt up against somebody he isn't allowed to talk back to or otherwise get over. This guy is supposed to THE top guy.

this guy gets it

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Game of Thrones Lady vs. Japanese Ghost Woods!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Remember when TNA based a whole feud around Bubba Ray(the face) wanting to put Dixie Carter through a table?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Roman at the very least could have grabbed Steph's wrist after the first slap.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Do people honestly not realize that Vince is going to come out and talk about how cool and strong Roman is? Hell, he'll probably give him another Title match at the Rumble while Steph screeches obnoxiously in the background.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

lol let's exploit people's suicides for a cheesy horror movie.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

zakharov posted:

Nobody is going to give Stephanie McMahon a Stone Cold Stunner Superman Punch in the year 2015. It all depends on how they pay this off if VKM actually shows up.

Seriously other than the birthday thing the Roman thing was good.

We'll see how things with Vince go though.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

StarkRavingMad posted:

I know we don't do intergender violence anymore but they could have booked him to catch her hand and be like "stop before you actually make me mad" or some form of defense other than just getting visibly rocked, you know like a person with any form of backbone would do in reality

But how would that make Steph look strong?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Roman has always been the guy who can be punched and ain't care so a slap is not a punch and is lesser than.

Why is a truck doing a Star Wars?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Well every time he goes for witty it doesn't work so the best case scenario is him standing tall and uncowed. If they make him look like a chump at the end of the show I will agree that it is bad.

I'm also watching raw with an Actual Woman IRL and she thinks all the talk of emasculation is silly.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

You've seen the last time Steph gets actual comeuppance

The time Vickie beat her after losing a demeaning retirement match

Ronda's never coming back

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I dont think Roman is strong enough to powerbomb Steph.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

StarkRavingMad posted:

this guy gets it

It worked fine because Roman just laughed at her.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Dean is the loud 80's and Ambrose is the grungy 90's. Meanwhile I'm sitting here with my frosted tips.

Angelico?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Asking for a handouts, nice dig at millennials Vince

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dolph is the measuring stick. Just dunk him in the water he'll tell you how deep it is.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seriously other than the birthday thing the Roman thing was good.

We'll see how things with Vince go though.

I'm not enough of an annoying smark to get mad about Joe Anoa'i giving a shoutout to his daughter.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

then get holly, they got buster douglas once for goddsake

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I wasn't gonna watch RAW, but my WWE app said Vince was gonna be on so Im here now

hi

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Chris James 2 posted:

Ronda's not even in the running for the celebrity Slammy.

Can't be associating with losers, afterall :smug:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It worked fine because Roman just laughed at her.

He laughed after the second one, and if it stopped there it might have worked. Then she slapped him like eight more times and he looked pissed and also red cheeked like jolly ol' Saint Nick

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
UPDATE: Apparently Leakee is pronounced "lay-ah-key" and not "leaky".

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.
The bar has been set pretty low if this match is getting a This is Awesome chant.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Go RV! posted:

I wasn't gonna watch RAW, but my WWE app said Vince was gonna be on so Im here now

hi

NO CHANCE

THATS WHAT YOU'VE GOT

I am excited to see a VKM strut

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HOLY poo poo EVERYONE

MONTY BROWN SIGNED A LEGENDS DEAL

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Last night HBK said Dolph mimmicks him too much so tonight he does the biggest band tune up ever :lol:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Ratedargh posted:

The bar has been set pretty low if this match is getting a This is Awesome chant.

Smarks chanting for their indie midget geeks.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

StarkRavingMad posted:

That would've worked perfectly, a quick grab of her wrist, deadlock stare, and "do you really wanna end up sharing a room with your husband?"

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Ratedargh posted:

Those Philly fans are just too easy to please

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Ratedargh posted:

Yeah, not sure it's worth an awesome chant... still a pretty good match though

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Opening segment with Reigns wasn't bad. I believe he can find a groove on the mic if they don't try to make him be rock/austin/cena all over again.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Ozz81 posted:

That would've worked perfectly, a quick grab of her wrist, deadlock stare, and "do you really wanna end up sharing a room with your husband?"

He should have threatened to punch her in the loving jaw and powerbomb her TO HELL

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

StarkRavingMad posted:

He laughed after the second one, and if it stopped there it might have worked. Then she slapped him like eight more times and he looked pissed and also red cheeked like jolly ol' Saint Nick

He didn't look pissed, he smirked at her like "loving really?"

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Crowd popped for that lovely rebound clothesline

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the fat slob kevin owens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU