Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do YOU continue to watch Monday Night RAW?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy the storytelling 14 3.60%
I enjoy the athleticism 18 4.63%
I enjoy standing up for WWE 9 2.31%
I enjoy tater tots 37 9.51%
I enjoy magic beans 26 6.68%
I enjoy succatash 19 4.88%
I enjoy having something to flip to between plays on Monday Night Football 17 4.37%
I enjoy having something to flip to during commercials on NCIS 7 1.80%
I enjoy Foochs' attempts at optimism 42 10.80%
I enjoy FartBlood's attempts at erotica 17 4.37%
I enjoy hatewatching 58 14.91%
I hate enjoywatching 27 6.94%
I enjoy waiting for the off-chance that MY CLIENT BROCK LESNAR will appear 51 13.11%
I enjoy passing the time until Lucha Underground Season 2 kicks off 47 12.08%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That poo poo was rad and the perfect follow-up to last night. Vince was a prideful idiot who wanted to humiliate Reigns before firing him and it bit Vince in the rear end. Anyone who acts like they'd rather have Sheamus as champ is straight lying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hugs for ya, fella.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gordong Dongbay posted:

"I'm so tired of the same people winning, push someone new."

"Roman doesn't have enough build to be champion, build him up."

*Roman, new wrestler who gets build up finally wins. Goons complain*

"push someone who isn't a complete trash fire that it took like two years of single-mindedly ramming him down the audience's throats to get any reaction for"

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Food Court Druid posted:

I thought it was fine but the idea of "if you don't enjoy this WWE main event you're not a REAL wrestling fan" is dumb

They just did everything I've seen people wish for and yet you still find something to complain about. There is no winning with some of you guys.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

That was cool and also good.

Put the MITB on Ambrose.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

TheKingslayer posted:

Sorry we can't be a hug box and like all the same stuff dude. It's just my preference.

the PSP GDT, well known for a being a hugbox

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Also: is it REALLY Roman's daughter's birthday? Because if so that is incredibly sweet :unsmith:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Cast Iron Brick posted:

I'm calling this Raw of the year.

I'm tempted to agree here.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

StarkRavingMad posted:

"push someone who isn't a complete trash fire that it took like two years of single-mindedly ramming him down the audience's throats to get any reaction for"

I think the quicker you realize that internet wrestling fans don't represent the majority of their actual customer base, the quicker you will realize how terribly wrong you are.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I mean, at least they're trying something interesting for once

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

bartok posted:

So the WWE tricked us into wanting Roman as champ. Good for them!

Turns out the way to get Roman the proper crowd reaction was to drive away 50% of their audience from the product.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Seems like he's good at wrestling, especially in main events.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

StarkRavingMad posted:

The dude got a standing ovation in loving Philly. He's over.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Gordong Dongbay posted:

They just did everything I've seen people wish for and yet you still find something to complain about. There is no winning with some of you guys.

the unpleasable internet that is unpleaseable

eh

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?

Gordong Dongbay posted:

"I'm so tired of the same people winning, push someone new."

"Roman doesn't have enough build to be champion, build him up."

*Roman, new wrestler who gets build up finally wins. Goons complain*

Yes, because Roman is totally ready and polished to be champ. Now say something about our tater tots and prunes.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Roman winning the title actually makes me excited for the Royal Rumble.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

Sorry we can't be a hug box and like all the same stuff dude. It's just my preference.

I've never once seen someone use "hugbox" unironically without being a humorless turd

Banjo
Jun 7, 2006

Love him or hate him but you can't deny....

Roman Reigns is the HANDSOMEST champ in WWE history <3

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

that said, they did about the best they could to make that main event fun with the right amount of overbooking, and Vince coming in to 'fix the problem' and loving everything up is pretty funny cause heels eating poo poo is good. I guess we get a rematch at RR that roman wins, and maaaybe brock/Roman for mania because the fans can't derail The Plan, only delay it

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Gordong Dongbay posted:

I think the quicker you realize that internet wrestling fans don't represent the majority of their actual customer base, the quicker you will realize how terribly wrong you are.

you did see/hear how long it took for them to get him over right? against the voice of most live audiences.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zen Dudeism posted:

Yes, because Roman is totally ready and polished to be champ. Now say something about our tater tots and prunes.

Yeah, who has ever heard of a champion being a complete package in every way, not like that has never gone well before.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

DeepDickPizza posted:

Turns out the way to get Roman the proper crowd reaction was to drive away 50% of their audience from the product.

Yeah someone said before WM31 that if they can't get Reigns over, they'll just make everyone else less over.

Worked pretty well I'd say.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The world title changed hands in a straight up title defense on RAW. No tournament, no money in the bank, just a regular rear end match.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gordong Dongbay posted:

also the live crowds that give him no reaction or booed him for that whole time

oh wait those are all internet too

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

hahah you used hug box, later butthurt gator

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Dr. rear end posted:

I've never once seen someone use "hugbox" unironically without being a humorless turd

I just don't see why it's a problem to not be a fan of a certain person. I don't really care for the character.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Good Raw and they made that loving work in Philly. Tremendous job with Roman the last two nights.

Cosign. I supported Roman more than most people here but I also was wary, but he KILLED it the last two nights, and I'm gonna say it, props to the bookers and writers. Other than the prunes line Roman behaved EXACTLY as he should, as evidenced by a title win getting over in Philly of all places.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I'm not a fan of Roman but he can be carried to a watchable match. Now watch them give a returning Big Show multiple title matches.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

TheKingslayer posted:

I just don't see why it's a problem to not be a fan of a certain person. I don't really care for the character.

love him or hate him, you have to love roman reigns

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Blaise330 posted:

The world title changed hands in a straight up title defense on RAW. No tournament, no money in the bank, just a regular rear end match.

And it's about time too since the last time it happened was over four years ago.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Jerusalem posted:

Very sleepy dogs (it's very sunny)

Don't they have those giant coconut crabs that fall and kill people? Explains why Samoans have hard heads, it's all evolutionary

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Imagine if they gave Reigns' push to someone the crowd actually did like. Someone like Dean Ambrose!

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

That poo poo was rad and the perfect follow-up to last night. Vince was a prideful idiot who wanted to humiliate Reigns before firing him and it bit Vince in the rear end. Anyone who acts like they'd rather have Sheamus as champ is straight lying.

I am with 100% sincerity saying that I would prefer Sheamus as Champ. Roman Reigns is garbage and I will not be watching a Raw until Brock comes back so everyone please keep posting New Day segments on here so that I can still see the part of the product worth watching. Thanks. God bless.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

SylvainMustach posted:

you did see/hear how long it took for them to get him over right? against the voice of most live audiences.

Your Cena comparison is patently absurd dude. Cena was pushed down people's throats for a decade. Roman might not be fully ready but the crowd was behind him by the end of the night, a loving PHILLY crowd by the way. It's cool if you don't like him, but what does it matter how long it took if the smarkiest of smark crowds was fully behind him?

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

StarkRavingMad posted:

also the live crowds that give him no reaction or booed him for that whole time

oh wait those are all internet too

I've heard Roman get plenty of cheers. Since when does getting booed have anything to do with their ability to build him? They could take the Brooklyn Brawler and trick fans into liking him, it really doesn't loving matter what fans think of him. What matters is if they handled his build correctly, based off that reaction I'd say they did a pretty drat good job.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bartok posted:

Roman winning the title actually makes me excited for the Royal Rumble.

This too.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

OldTennisCourt posted:

Your Cena comparison is patently absurd dude. Cena was pushed down people's throats for a decade. Roman might not be fully ready but the crowd was behind him by the end of the night, a loving PHILLY crowd by the way. It's cool if you don't like him, but what does it matter how long it took if the smarkiest of smark crowds was fully behind him?

Cena was pushed down people's throats for a decade and that's why they STOPPED liking him, not why they started liking him

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

DeepDickPizza posted:

I am with 100% sincerity saying that I would prefer Sheamus as Champ. Roman Reigns is garbage and I will not be watching a Raw until Brock comes back so everyone please keep posting New Day segments on here so that I can still see the part of the product worth watching. Thanks. God bless.

later!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

Imagine if they gave Reigns' push to someone the crowd actually did like. Someone like Dean Ambrose!

Both those guys are good, liked by the crowd, and being pushed so what's the beef? I mean would I switch them? Yes, but still, well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gordong Dongbay posted:

it really doesn't loving matter what fans think of him

wwe.txt

• Locked thread