Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I don't think I have a Worst Anime list :( I liked DanMachi enough even though it wasn't great and I'd never heard of Cross Ange/Log Horizon/Aldnoah outside of ...well, here.

I guess I only watch decent-to-good animes :cheeky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Katie Third Reich is good, and so are her comics. IMO.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

hurf

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

guy in the gender neutral sense

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The worst anime of the year is all stuff I didn't finish cause they were bad. Charlotte and aldnoah S2 were just mediocre

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Yeah I usually just stop watching stuff I don't like so I never really have the opportunity to hate it.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Tarranon posted:

wow; she looks cool as heck

i bet whoever she is, she's good at what she does

she's an attorney who's studied psychology and invented a machine that can read people's feelings. she's insanely good

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Chaos Dragon
Boring, dropped after one episode.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Why didn't she GIVE HIM THE KNIFE, dropped after two episodes.

Kantai Collection -KanColle-
Boring, dropped after one episode.

Overlord
Meh, dropped after one episode.

Plastic Memories
Boring, dropped after two episodes.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cake Attack posted:

also that nowi comic the same guy made

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Katie Third Reich is good, and so are her comics. IMO.

i agree

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Yeah I usually just stop watching stuff I don't like so I never really have the opportunity to hate it.

i've tried powering through shows I didn't really like three times and it was never worth it.

e: those three being guilty crown, valvrave, and gundam AGE. the last one I ended up dropping for good somewhere in early 30s.

Motto fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 22, 2015

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Droyer posted:

she's an attorney who's studied psychology and invented a machine that can read people's feelings. she's insanely good
I don't think that's how psychology works

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

btw namtab specifically says you can post a show as long as you watched 3 episodes. I know a lot of people drop stuff before 3 but you don't have to finish the show to list it.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

homeless snail posted:

I don't think that's how psychology works
As someone who's studied psychology that's exactly how it works, don't listen to this scrub.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kaiji....no.....plz

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

worst anime 2015: whatever YOU liked

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Sorry Corals posted:

worst anime 2015: whatever YOU liked
That was basically the first post of the thread.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
well, back to symphony of the night

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

I finished this because boobs.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't know if I can handle this latest gamble. There's too much on the line, Kaiji. Just walk away...

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Bad Seafood posted:

Didn't it end up that she had to 'link' to him or something to do with his stat-screen back tattoo or whatever? Eh I don't blame you for dropping it, it was silly but I appreciated that it felt more like an older 'breath of fire'-esque rpg rather than just a literal mmo :)

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

one day the akagi manga will move faster than a single tile being discarded in twelve chapters

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
If you really wanted to get the blood going you'd call it the most overrated anime of the year thread

aka whatever anime YOU liked but now you're not as sure if I'm trolling or not...

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Tarranon posted:

If you really wanted to get the blood going you'd call it the most overrated anime of the year thread

aka whatever anime YOU liked but now you're not as sure if I'm trolling or not...

OPM would sweep

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Admoon posted:

btw namtab specifically says you can post a show as long as you watched 3 episodes. I know a lot of people drop stuff before 3 but you don't have to finish the show to list it.

I'm really trying to make it be about things people actually tried to watch but didn't like, rather than having three votes for whatever paedophile/incest anims japan threw at us over the course of a year

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

I enjoyed the minotaur death.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Namtab posted:

I'm really trying to make it be about things people actually tried to watch but didn't like, rather than having three votes for whatever paedophile/incest anims japan threw at us over the course of a year

Yeah definitely the better way to handle it

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

There isn't too much good fanart of Noriko :(
But I did find somebody's OTP

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Tarranon posted:

A lot of posts in this thread saying Tarranon's Fav is the most overrated anime of 2015...but is it even really worth calling it that? Its just kind of... there...

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I enjoyed the minotaur death.

:yeah: that was a cool episode

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Julias posted:

There isn't too much good fanart of Noriko :(

Tell me about it. :cry:

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Namtab posted:

yeah plenty of suggestion threads already

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Admoon posted:

I know, my point was just that I didn't even manage to hit that low, low mark for the shows I really disliked this year.

I understand the reason for Namtab's rule and think it's a good one.

Knorth posted:

Didn't it end up that she had to 'link' to him or something to do with his stat-screen back tattoo or whatever? Eh I don't blame you for dropping it, it was silly but I appreciated that it felt more like an older 'breath of fire'-esque rpg rather than just a literal mmo :)
Dunno since I never watched the next episode.

DanMachi was probably the "Best" of those five shows I mentioned but after that bit I just lost all interest. If there was some complicated process she had to go through first, the show should've been more upfront about it - otherwise it just looks like she's not giving him the solution to his problem which she is holding in her hands which she specifically came out here to give him.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
haha, symphony of the night has a sword that deals more damage the longer your play time is

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

They should make a sword that does the opposite of that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

in ff9 you could only get steiner's best sword by speedrunning the game

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

They did once it was called the Excalibur II hoh--

Endorph posted:

in ff9 you could only get steiner's best sword by speedrunning the game
Goddamnit.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

littleorv posted:

does this refer to the anime or something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Bad Seafood posted:

Overlord
Meh, dropped after one episode.

Overlord is really really good, but you have to like tabletop RPGs or MMOs to get into it I guess

• Locked thread