Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
this poo poo is *kisses fingertips appreciatively*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

somuch_gravy posted:

for all my boys in blue out there

E:

fuckin give me one pls now pls

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Do you think this guy scuba dives irl
or is this elaborate fantasy a solace to him because he was never able to fulfill his lifelong dream of swimming 'neath the waves with the fishes and seahorses

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
that's kind of a sad possibility if u think about it

:smith:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Unbelievable. No doubt these scoobydoos thought their deployment of gipsy equipment would go unnoticed by SEA PATROL if it was hidden in a shelter reef off the coast of Leicester. They are of course wrong.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Maybe he has a rare heart condition that renders him unable to dive. And all these Sea Patrol antics are an expression of envy towards recreational divers.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
dude definitely got cucked by a scuba instructor

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
for a dude who's obviously waaaay into diving he seems to be completely unaware of the bends. or maybe glorious Vishnu has granted his favored children powers to patrol the waves idk.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

He says on his website that he scuba dives and has links to the BSAC and other scuba sites
he also points out that

Mr. Appleyard posted:

I have no financial connection with the diving trade and the diving gear trade
just in case you thought he was a shill.

Sea Patrol tags rule!

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

There is SEA PATROL, and then there is Not Sea Patrol. Just like in real life.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
SEA PATROL: Terror From The Deep

UNAUTHORIZED DIVE DETECTED!

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
You know I think he's won me over. gently caress recreational divers.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Fintilgin posted:

megamen?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

whoflungpoop posted:

fuckin give me one pls now pls

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

blugu64 posted:

You know I think he's won me over. gently caress recreational divers.

hey gently caress you too buddy

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Hot Karl Marx posted:

hey gently caress you too buddy

gonna vacuum ur rear end, boy

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Fintilgin posted:

Aliens think they are hot poo poo infesting our coastal waters. Can't wait to see their faces when their plasma rifles and elerium generators get tossed in the destructor.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Nooner posted:

gonna vacuum ur rear end, boy

you're talking like i dont fantasize about being tortured by seamen

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fintilgin posted:

NOOO!!! Defend us SEA PATROL!!

I might send one of the pictures of random divers strung up for the firing squad off to get printed and framed. That's so god drat avant garde.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Hot Karl Marx posted:

lol

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Hot Karl Marx posted:

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I'm trying to decide which is the more effective Sea Patrol Standard Issue recreational diver execution device, between the electromagnetic nailgun and the raygun

do we know if the raygun works underwater, this would make a big difference

also hey do you guys like ghostbus-

Mr. Appleyard's Ghostbusters Venkman POV fanfic series posted:

"I knew there was one more of them!" Ray exclaimed, "I remember now. Like you
said, it was by the three oak trees. A 9-foot-tall blue warty thing with ibex's
horns jettisoned it when I shot at him. He'd already seen another go up like a
bomb when a proton gun shot hit its fuel tanks, and that was the end of the
demon wearing it. After a case or two of that, they were ditching their
ecto-burners all over the place. I had time to spray Enampa over it so I could
handle it, then the battle surged that way again and I had to leave it. I had
other things to think about : I was surrounded and only just managed to shoot my
way out. No wonder this one got left.".
"Very exciting." said the manager drily, "That's the end of that, I suppose.
Hermann, you better give it to them. That'll be all. Thankyou.".
We went out, and Hermann followed. As he took the ectoflamethrower off, I
pinned a pin-on Ghostbusters badge on his left shoulder; the circus staff in the
queue sang the 'Ghostbusters' song at him. He blushed and looked annoyed.
We took the ecto-weapon back to base and catalogued it and put it in store.
The circus pasted "Regret unable to appear because of illness" across the
relevant parts of their advertisement posters and brochures and programmes.

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 27, 2015

dregma
Nov 4, 2004

I want my empire back, you son of a bitch!

Grave $avings posted:

Take me to your leader

Is that Mork from Ork.... or is it too soon?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

im starting to question sea patrol's methods. that guy isnt even wearing a wetsuit.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Darkman Fanpage posted:

im starting to question sea patrol's methods. that guy isnt even wearing a wetsuit.

boating for any purpose other than defense or business is forbidden by law

recreational boaters are almost as bad as scoobydoos

Crack
Apr 10, 2009
That's not sea patrol, that's a degenerate sports diving gang!

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

dregma posted:

Is that Mork from Ork.... or is it too soon?

Well the box certainly fits

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Crack posted:

That's not sea patrol, that's a degenerate sports diving gang!

That's right - that pic is of members of the Green Red Grey gang (note their armbands). They are capturing a Sea Patrol-affiliated scientist to interrogate him about Sea Patrol - fortunately, he's uninformed:

quote:

"This lot ain't sport divers, with that kit." said the patrol sub's skipper, "They've got that armband insignia that we were told about. My dredging-set's breaker's never tackled a subskimmer before.", and radioed a picture of what he had seen.

"And it isn't going to now. Keep it. And those fancy rebreathers. We can use them if they're in good order. They look like CDBA's." said the surface boat skipper, "It's the first time we've caught men from that new international gang. We call them the GRG, that's `green red grey' from their insignia, till we find their proper name. I don't think it'll be the last. They'll be a harder lot than sport scoobies and better armed. Looks like we got the Sea Patrol and the new laws just in time. Looks like we'll be getting jobs that aren't such an easy `turkey shoot' as arresting sport divers.".

"I've already seen some of the GRG's work." the sub skipper said, "Two of their frogmen grabbed a man out of a small powerboat in Christchurch Harbour in Hampshire. A security camera saw this happen. Not scoobies. A properly trained hard lot.

quote:

"Don't tip the boat up, we need all 'is papers. Got'im. Sling 'im in the chariot's cargo carrier and away. Serve 'im right for going motorboating 'stead of staying at work."

"Boss says enough to knock 'im out for sixteen hours till we get 'im to our lab. 'E's that "gene-genie" that genetic-engineered some o' the "seep" and navy stuff that's been after us. Then scuttle this boat. There nothing for frogman work quite like the good old 'andy British Siebe Gorman CDBA. Breathing tube all in front so nobody can grab it from be'ind. If you want to get a really light set to get through 'oles, leave the main oxy tanks off and dive with only the bailout. If you want a clean belly to slide in and out o' small boats, leave the bailout off and dive with only the main tanks."

Luckily for us, they got a wrong man, who didn't know anything sensitive.

Edit:

And Sea Patrol goes overboard on civilians all the time - here, they go kill divers at a lake, not even in the sea, and then execute people on land who sold food to the scoobydoos:

quote:

The skipper looked at his radio direction finder. "What are you doing there that far inland??" he asked, setting his radio tight-beam in that direction for privacy.

"I'm cleanin' out one of those scoobies' "frog ponds" where they train inland while the sea's rough and cold afore their sea divin' season starts.". CN34 said, "The works made me an 'andy set o' clip-on land wheels. They got a real right shock. I ain't 'alf stowin' my dredgin's-tank full plenty o' times, all the scoobydoos comin' out of 'ibernation and straight to the nearest breedin' water like frogs, think these inland lakes are out o' my reach till they get good enough to chase around pinchin' shellfish and wreck. And boats go in: they made an 'andy bolt-on boat-breaker for me. I got there at night. It felt strange draggin' myself about overland. More moon than I liked the idea of, but nobody saw us. There's a cottage by where I 'ad to go to get in the lake, a couple live there, they used to sell snacks and so on to scoobies, but the Sea Patrol dug up an excuse to take them in for questionin' overnight. There was no point 'is `Fido the Offensive' shoutin' like that, nobody 'eard, and in the end the cur found what my man's nailgun was for."

Edit 2:

Lol there isn't even any water here

gohuskies fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 27, 2015

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Grave $avings posted:

Well the box certainly fits

OK, yes, there is the possibility that some sort of aliens are involved, but that is no reason to scrutinize or question SEA PATROL or its methods.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

gohuskies posted:

"Boss says enough to knock 'im out for sixteen hours till we get 'im to our lab. 'E's that "gene-genie" that genetic-engineered some o' the "seep" and navy stuff that's been after us. Then scuttle this boat. There nothing for frogman work quite like the good old 'andy British Siebe Gorman CDBA. Breathing tube all in front so nobody can grab it from be'ind. If you want to get a really light set to get through 'oles, leave the main oxy tanks off and dive with only the bailout. If you want a clean belly to slide in and out o' small boats, leave the bailout off and dive with only the main tanks.

i love this nautical commonwealth word salad so much

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Fintilgin posted:

Fuckin sweet. Sea Patrol already has sonic weapons tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Needing Sea Patrol mods for Fallout.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Sea Patrol should be the next Bond villains.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

The Whole Internet posted:

Sea Patrol should be the next Bond villains.

I would say youre right except for the fact that Sea Patrol are compassionate and heroic and would more likely team up with James Bond IMO

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Sea Patrol is on the scene!

(I'm still rigging this loving sub, but I think I'm close to starting work on getting it moving)

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Here they are room clearing like they're the Delta Force or something

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

gohuskies posted:

Lol there isn't even any water here

Fascism doesn't end at the oceans, my friend. You can get choked to death by seamen anywhere.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Obsurveyor posted:

Sea Patrol is on the scene!

(I'm still rigging this loving sub, but I think I'm close to starting work on getting it moving)

sorry if this is obvious but what are you making this stuff in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

sorry if this is obvious but what are you making this stuff in?

I've been using Blender to import the OBJ files and rig them for animation, then send FBX files over to Unity. I got a scuba diver asset off the store(I'm not an animator and I wanted some kind of swimming animation) and it already had the little swimming/boat scene. The default bloom is loving ridiculous but I haven't bothered to replace it with better, it was just the way the scene is set up.

• Locked thread