Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

pandaK posted:

It was just to show that I was watching a potential 17 shows next season, nbd

enjoy :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Winter is a good time for Too Many Animes

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

can't wait to watch all this literal garbage

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

pandaK posted:

Inject your trash into my eyes once more, Japan

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Inject your trash into my eyes once more, Japan

allow me to fellate from the font of japanimation once more in this here winter 2015 slash 2016 anime season as i give my body and soul to the anime gods

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kytrarewn posted:

What is the consensus on Nurse Witch Komugi? There's not terribly much on livechart that appeals to me beyond dularala, GATE and rear end class, and maybe the school band mystery show. A magical girl parody might be just what I need in my life.

Its got a nurse who is a witch, so it is the namtab pick and I will be probated if it is bad

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
also I'm the one who gets to determine if it's bad

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Namtab posted:

Its got a nurse who is a witch, so it is the namtab pick and I will be probated if it is bad

I admire your courage, backwards anime Batman.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

backwards anime batman picks the anime we deserve, but not the one we need right now.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

also I'm the one who gets to determine if it's bad

There is a council of 5, you and the mod are on the council

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Winter is a good time for Too Many Animes

this, but add anime

(WeKnowMemes)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

pandaK posted:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Space Flower posted:

this, but add anime

(WeKnowMemes)

i dont know memes

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Second PV for Joker Game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tILWSrPcBsY

Even if this show ends up boring as poo poo it has like a dozen guys in suits so whatever

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

pandaK posted:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Motto posted:

I sometimes intend to give that many shows a shot, but I always end up only sticking with a couple at best, even if there are a bunch of good ones that season.

:same:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Earlier this year I watched three shows as they aired (Non Non Biyori, Working, JiWaWaWa) and that was like on the high end for me. :effort:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

e: This isn't the chat thread!!

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
I seem to average about 5-9 shows per season, which isn't much of a burden. If I get a couple weeks behind on a show and can't be bothered catching up I just drop it, no regrets.

More than 9 seems to be my breaking point though, I just end up dropping stuff until I hit a comfortable number again. Once in a while I'll go back and watch a show people liked that I didn't get around to during the 1-2 week dead zone between seasons.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is there a PV for Ojisan to Marshmallow?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

Is there a PV for Ojisan to Marshmallow?

I haven't seen one :(

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Will watch at least three episodes:
Active Raid
Divine Gate
Grimgar
Prince of Stride

Will watch at least one episode:
Nijiro Days
Norn9
Sekkou Boys

Maaaaaybe?
Phantasy Star Online 2 (really depends on how well it will use their license)

It's Digimon:
Digimon

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm going to watch Sekkou Boys, Oji-san to Marshmallow, and watch non seasonal stuff.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I really hope Prince of Stride is good

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i hope somebody picks up Ojisan for streaming

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

i hope somebody picks up Ojisan for streaming

yeah I'll watch it either way as long as somebody subs it but I hope it doesn't end up like Pupipo

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

I really hope Prince of Stride is good

I hope it's at least watchable

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

yeah I'll watch it either way as long as somebody subs it but I hope it doesn't end up like Pupipo

i'm just worried it won't get subbed if nobody streams it :ohdear:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

i'm just worried it won't get subbed if nobody streams it :ohdear:

that would definitely be a problem :ohdear:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I finally read all the synopses and the only things that piqued my interest at all were Dimension W, Divine Gate, and ERASED. Though when the progressively less and less clothed moe robot girl showed up in the Dimension W trailer I got more and more skeeved but I've put up with worse and it looks interesting otherwise.

Bubunki Buranki also seemed neat but the CG characters immediately kind of put me off. It looked like the cutscenes from the last two Fire Emblem games but less stylized. I'll give it a shot though.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Update:

New shows: Rilu Rilu Fairilu: Yousei no Door, Mim Mam Mint
Short, not full length: Mahou Shoujo Nante Mouiidesukara
New special: The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls - Anytime, Anywhere with Cinderella.
...also a few new streams.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
So I just went and read all of Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (ERASED) and is is really, really good, so here's to hoping for a worthy adaptation. The staff seems decent enough and the pv looks good so I can't imagine it being anything less than "ok".

I know this isn't the rec thread, but does anyone have some good recommendations that are similar to Boku Dake, either manga or anime? I've likely seen the more popular/well known stuff already (Higurashi, Monster, etc.).

e: Also, It's got a Kajiura soundtrack, for those who like her stuff.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 2, 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

K-on

Woozey
Feb 20, 2011

RIGHT NOW MY POTENTIAL IS LITERALLY THAT OF A WORM
I'm looking forward to East Germans getting eaten by aliens, even if it turns out to be terrible.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Woozey posted:

I'm looking forward to East Germans getting eaten by aliens, even if it turns out to be terrible.

fripside is doing the Schwarzesmarken OP, right? Maybe I'll give this a chance.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

ERASED is the one I'm most looking forward to--even a merely decent adaptation of the source material should still be very good. Whereas I want Schwarzesmarken to be good, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up after the complete disaster that was Total Eclipse. Never heard of Dagashi Kashi, but based on the trailer & description, I plan to give it a 3 episode test. Same for Dimension W. Non-school age protagonist are always nice to see. Myriad Colors looks interesting if nothing else...

Still need to catch up on Gundam IBO & Snow White with the Red Hair, plus Gintama's ongoing too. Not an amazing-looking season, but still a hell of an improvement over the last one.

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 5, 2016

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Really depends on how much influence Kouki Yoshimune has over the project.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Crunchyroll announced it's streaming Active Raid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozey
Feb 20, 2011

RIGHT NOW MY POTENTIAL IS LITERALLY THAT OF A WORM
It doesn't seem like there's much crossover staff wise between Schwarzesmarken and Total Eclipse, which is a good thing, and the director did a lot of Gundam in the 90's, but I don't know enough about Gundam to know if they were the good ones.
On the other hand, series composition is being done by the Cross Ange series composition guy, which hasn't got a great reputation. At the very least, it should be an entertainingly messy trainwreck.

• Locked thread