Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Now THAT looks like a good game.I wonder how the rsi nerds can turn it around and say "Yes well it MIGHT look beautiful but"............

Where my birds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Friendly Tumour posted:

I think it just got too hard for him to maintain his illusions about this shitshow. He still hangs around on the jabber iirc

Just too busy travelling and such for the holidays to keep up with the thread, actually.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Unfunny Poster posted:

They do, its literally always "but its boring and has no soul to it" whenever Elite is mentioned.

I'll give them full points for that. Sandi has collected quite a number of souls.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Octopode posted:

Just too busy travelling and such for the holidays to keep up with the thread, actually.

Woah. New avatar.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Woah. New avatar.

It's been that way for a while, I just haven't had much posting time since some kind soul wasted $10 on me.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Octopode, Octopode, Octopode.

Oh wait... what's the one to have people disappear?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sarsapariller posted:

A little preview of Star Citizen's future- after the Firefall company Red5 missed payroll, one of their employees did an AMA. It's pretty interesting reading.

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefall/comments/3yhguu/red_5_employee_without_a_paycheck_here_ama/

Man that's depressing as hell.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

It's true- as long as the game has no objective or purpose, nobody can possibly win at it, so any amount of power creep for cash is acceptable! Chris you've done it again.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

AP posted:

What happens at 1000 pages, I missed something I think.

Dreams. Dreams happen.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sarsapariller posted:

It's true- as long as the game has no objective or purpose, nobody can possibly win at it, so any amount of power creep for cash is acceptable! Chris you've done it again.

At its core Star Citizen is an analogy for life itself.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

Dude... That's like, the goon mission statement. That's their goal, is to be toxic.

I wish this was posted on the front page of SA so we knew that our goal was to be toxic :smith:

Also

quote:

People can be douchebags and do good for others. It doesn't change that they have douchebag tendencies.

"I want to enjoy the game how I want, and that means enjoying it by preventing you from enjoying it. Toughen up buttercup/carebear," isn't bespoke by someone who isn't a douchebag, regardless of things they do. Lots of bad companies donate to charities and do things to save face, does that mean I should instantly like them too?

Because we act like dicks in a video game, we are therefore evil people in real life.

:allears:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Dec 30, 2015

Gurz
Sep 9, 2000
THE 12" DILDO IN MY ASS IS ONLY A PLACEHOLDER FOR PULSATING HOT COCKS
There is a front page ?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sarsapariller posted:

A little preview of Star Citizen's future- after the Firefall company Red5 missed payroll, one of their employees did an AMA. It's pretty interesting reading.

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefall/comments/3yhguu/red_5_employee_without_a_paycheck_here_ama/

that legit bummed me out

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Octopode posted:

Well it's time to put your other life on hold -- family, friends, R&R -- so you can get back to the good work of contributing some balance to this thread. The pretenders who have appeared in your place reeeaaaallly suck at it.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
america.txt

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goons are now being compared to Donald Trump by that samfreez guy.

This is pretty great.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Octopode I hope that your travels over the holiday period have given you time to reflect on the refund you should have requested while you still could.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

They do, its literally always "but its boring and has no soul to it" whenever Elite is mentioned.

lol yes it is elite that has no soul - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EC4WHPxnrk it is important that no matter the cost to our resources we fight the enemy the US navy in space is hard but fair thank you congressmen of the human federation

I mean Elite ~lore~ is pretty thin on the ground but at least it lets you imagine cool stuff. SC gets right in your face with its grey rear end setting of some republicans bumming around and their good friend DrabCorp PLC.

Also elite's romans actually have aristocrats and clients and stuff so that's cool.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

if there are nothing to win they why are the whales are up in arms if you say a constellation should be attainable in 1-2 days of casual playtime?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

TTerrible posted:

Octopode I hope that your travels over the holiday period have given you time to reflect on the refund you should have requested while you still could.

refunds are like Idris/Javelin sale now, chances of getting one is close to null

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Octopode posted:

It's been that way for a while, I just haven't had much posting time since some kind soul wasted $10 on me.

Octopode has been travelling with this ship

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Chalks posted:

The point at which SC is fully released as a ground breaking space simulation game, offering top quality dog-fighting with realistic Newtonian physics, full planetary exploration of high quality procedurally generated planets, all previously mentioned professions and character development implemented in a fun way, a fully functioning and balanced economy where piracy, mining, trading, passenger transportation, news reporting, auditing, exploration and all other gameplay types are fully viable and fun. Functional and enjoyable ship boarding mechanics, with FPS mechanics rivalling the latest generation of dedicated FPS games. All of the PU features fully supported in an offline mode as well as an online one. A lengthy and deep single player campaign. Every other promised feature that I have no doubt forgotten about, fully implemented in a fun and enjoyable way. All of this providing lasting enjoyment of at least 6 months to everyone, from those who have $30,000 invested to those who have just $30 without any feeling of pay to win advantage being given to those who paid more while at the same time ensuring that they do not feel as if they have been ripped off, in a universe of over a million concurrent players with battles involving 200 individuals or more.

Basically, when the promises made about this game are fulfilled.

Typing out the ludicrous scope of Star Citizen really is very fun to do, it just gets more and more insane as I remember each new promise. Hey yeah they're going to have procedurally generated wildlife on the planets too, I forgot to mention that. Put that on the list. On and on it goes, like the insane ramblings of a mad person.

The criteria for an "I told you so" would be them failing to meet any of those promises, or SC cultists feeling betrayed in any other way fuelled by their delusion.

Here's the best part - they'll probably fail to meet all sorts of promises that they made, but that doesn't preclude goons from having a great time playing SC! Many scenarios involve a game that goons can have a great time in but STILL massively fails to meet the expectations of the rabid hordes of SC cultists. We will play this game when it's released, no matter what state it's in. We will do our best to have fun, probably at the expense of the cultists. Goons are really really good at finding fun things to do in a lovely game. We'll try really hard to have a good time. Apparently this makes fans of SC pretty upset.

well you're going to look like an idiot in ten years (or so) :smuggo:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Octopode posted:

Cool!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

EminusSleepus posted:

if there are nothing to win they why are the whales are up in arms if you say a constellation should be attainable in 1-2 days of casual playtime?

Looks like somebody doesn't understand whale development.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Gurz posted:

There is a front page ?

Its only purpose is to make our jokes seem good.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Octopode, Octopode, Octopode.

Oh wait... what's the one to have people disappear?

While checking that older thread I was struck with the realization that Octopode must be the unhappiest goon. Back then you couldn't tell his posts from all the other goons praising SC to high heaven, then everyone turned on CIG and he was left behind, alone and despised. It must suck to have your buddies turn on you like that to the point where you can't even drop by without people screaming at you. :smith:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I Greyhound posted:

Dreams. Dreams happen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfpBarn7jlc

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is it possible to mod Chris into Elite Beat Agents as a client and replace background animations with game crash footage?

FatherChristmas
Nov 9, 2012

'Tis the season

Karl, fucketh thyself.

Marching Powder posted:

that's nice and hey keep your weird loving phrases i'm a visitor here i just thought i should let everyone know that you sound bizarre and not at all in a good way to anyone not prolifically posting in the games forum

Hey buddy, FYAD is ^thataway^. :wave:

Maybe your shitposting will improve enough there that we can actually laugh at it.

NightWig
Aug 12, 2013

This is a super late reply to a post earlier. I read the thread and would quote it when I had opportunity, but can't find it now since this thread moves way fast.
It was a post from RSI forums about how SC is perfect for everyone.

This got me thinking of my product design courses in engineering design. The phrase "there is no one perfect pasta sauce". A phrase used to indicate that you cannot have just one product to appeal to everyone. Appealing to everyone quickly makes the product appeal to no-one since every part of the product that appeals to one group gets super thin. You can't loving get every gamer to one game, that would make a terrible game, aka star citizen if it gets released (lol as if it's going to)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Omi-Polari posted:

What should Derek name his book/expose/memoir? I have some possible titles:

1. Smart Speak: The Derek Smart Story

2. My Struggle

3. JPEGs Into Ashes: How One Developer Brought Down Gaming's Biggest Scam (And Lived to Tell)

4. Smart-22

5. A Treatise on Dialectical and Historical Materialism as Regards Internet Spaceships

6. Smart Emperor of Goon

7. Battlememoir 3000AD

Edit:

8: That's Him in the Wheelchair!

Smart Like Me.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Google Butt posted:

"Touch the poop" is cringey as gently caress.

Yeah, whatever happened to the perfectly good term "safari rules"?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

NightWig posted:

This is a super late reply to a post earlier. I read the thread and would quote it when I had opportunity, but can't find it now since this thread moves way fast.
It was a post from RSI forums about how SC is perfect for everyone.

This got me thinking of my product design courses in engineering design. The phrase "there is no one perfect pasta sauce". A phrase used to indicate that you cannot have just one product to appeal to everyone. Appealing to everyone quickly makes the product appeal to no-one since every part of the product that appeals to one group gets super thin. You can't loving get every gamer to one game, that would make a terrible game, aka star citizen if it gets released (lol as if it's going to)

Well if you believe croberts he is not building a game but he is building a universe for short-attention-span spergs. So your pasta analogy does not apply because croberts is making a burger

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Kind of like sucking on your thumb.

Man Kurt Angle really let himself go :(

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Why is Admiral Bishop's forehead 3 inches too tall?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SirPhoebos posted:

Man Kurt Angle really let himself go :(

Too many glitter bombs.... :(

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
I am literally getting chills from watching this multi crew fan trailer.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lol, the loving loading when they arrive at the planet.

Seamless!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Anyone got an old printer? I can almost hear the *whiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrr-kaCHUNK* and I need to finish

• Locked thread