Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I find the way genki is organized and the laid out to be way more reasonable than a lot of the books I've read in terms of the order that ideas are presented to you, especially compared to a lot of the books that are more explicitly made for self study, but ideally you should read everything you can get your hands on. also its a good source of study sentences, basic vocab, and reference material, and it very very quickly gets romaji out your face once they assume you've reached a certain level of kana proficency which is good cause you should never look at a japanese sentence in romaji, its cancer to the learning process. I'm a freakin genki fanboy is what I'm saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Polsy posted:

It's difficult for me to use Genki because it's obviously set out like a textbook you're supposed to be working through in a class

NICE AVA MATE

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

homeless snail posted:

and it very very quickly gets romaji out your face once they assume you've reached a certain level of kana proficency which is good cause you should never look at a japanese sentence in romaji, its cancer to the learning process

Oh yeah, it's also really distracting that they romanise とう as 'too' etc but yeah, once they stop making me look at that. Well, I should give it another go.

Namtab posted:

NICE AVA MATE

Thanks, I didn't even notice, I stll have avatars off. Training with Hinako is a modern classic.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Polsy posted:

Oh yeah, it's also really distracting that they romanise とう as 'too' etc but yeah, once they stop making me look at that. Well, I should give it another go.

Thanks, I didn't even notice, I stll have avatars off. Training with Hinako is a modern classic.

The bee had gotten old and tired whereas this gives you more gravitas imo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

NICE AVA MATE

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yakitate japan is cool and funny and the more I watch the more I realize food wars is literally this show

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Episode 12 of OPM is just so loving good. I find myself watching it like once every two or three days. Without even skipping through scenes. Except the ED.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Namtab posted:

NICE AVA MATE

Hello old friend.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jan 1, 2016

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Motto posted:

I remember someone mentioning that it was neat how IBO's opening recaps show what happened at the end of the last ep, but from a different perspective. Has a show ever done that with a full recap ep, going over the entire series up to that point but presenting it from a different perspective, perhaps upending your initial perceptions in the process?

It wasn't exactly a recap but I remember Scryed's second episode was from a different character's perspective that covered stuff that happened in the first episode.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

remind me to never buy a sony product again

i got the drat thing on christmas eve and my ps4 still hasn't properly connected to psn. i was able to download the update after like 5 days of trying, that's about it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Endorph posted:

i got the drat thing on christmas eve and my ps4 still hasn't properly connected to psn. i was able to download the update after like 5 days of trying, that's about it.

don't buy a Sony product again

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Polsy posted:

Training with Hinako is a modern classic.

Training With Hinako has been completely supplanted by Ani-Tore EX

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

Training With Hinako has been completely supplanted by Ani-Tore EX

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a kitten posted:

don't buy a Sony product again

ty

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I will admit, I am still baffled by their terrycloth gym clothes

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I spent mine by having a series of low grade, but reasonably believable nightmares.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

records are super cool

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i like putting the needle down, and picking it up :D

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a kitten posted:

I spent mine by having a series of low grade, but reasonably believable nightmares.

Atra :3:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

If you're trying to connect wirelessly try using a cable instead, if that's possible, PS4 wifi is just meh. It shouldn't be that bad however. :/

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

sony just mailed me a theme for getting platinum in bloodborne. which i did, back in april

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

If you're trying to connect wirelessly try using a cable instead, if that's possible, PS4 wifi is just meh. It shouldn't be that bad however. :/
yeah wired works, but my computer's connection is wired too so ;-;

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Davincie posted:

sony just mailed me a theme for getting platinum in bloodborne. which i did, back in april

Merry New Birthday!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bleh. :(
Sony cheaping out on the wifi is pretty lovely tbh

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

I was going to say. Those loving eyes. :stare:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Morning, chat thread. I'm thinking I might emulate FFVI on SNES or GBA and just play it that way this weekend.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i just set up my wifi extender near my ps4 and haven't had any issues. my ps3 regularly drops connection though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

which reminds me, i should get back to playing Dark Souls, even if Stray Demon is kinda bullshit

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 1, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The first Dark Souls seems so slow after playing DS2 and BB. Especially playing sword & board.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

The first Dark Souls seems so slow after playing DS2 and BB. Especially playing sword & board.

i played BB first and yeah, DS isn't as fun in that speedy combat sense. the weight limit stuff is about the only thing i really mind, since i pretty much need a shield and that means i'm ready slowed by at least one.

basically, what little weight stuff BB did was preferred/less obtrusive, since it just impacted stamina regen.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

dogsicle posted:

i played BB first and yeah, DS isn't as fun in that speedy combat sense. the weight limit stuff is about the only thing i really mind, since i pretty much need a shield and that means i'm ready slowed by at least one.

basically, what little weight stuff BB did was preferred/less obtrusive, since it just impacted stamina regen.

I didn't even know that BB had a weight system to begin with.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Senerio posted:

Morning, chat thread. I'm thinking I might emulate FFVI on SNES or GBA and just play it that way this weekend.

That is 100% a better option than playing the crappy looking pc or mobile version. Lots of very solid and easy snes emulators in particular.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i love when japan animes up western properties

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Reds posted:

It usually doesn't come into play unless you're using a bunch of heavy things like the cannon or, strangely, wearing the lantern. Even then it's not too much of a drawback iirc.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Endorph posted:

i love when japan animes up western properties

Funnily enough, the in-game art style doesn't match the cover art, and looks more eighties than nineties to me.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Reds posted:

it's super conditional and kinda subtle, like the other guy said. but the base idea of letting you keep maneuverability while still giving equip weight an impact (reduced stamina regen) is something i really like, and hope they implement more strongly in later games.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the shadowrun mega cd game has an Act Against AIDS banner in the intro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I like the OP to Zeta Gundam because it reflects my desire to have a pure time

• Locked thread