Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Youth Decay posted:

I honestly don't think Trump was necessary for Jeb's downfall. Jeb has made so many unforced errors and stepped on every rake he's found. He's just a terrible candidate. Like his brother minus the have-a-beer-with quality and folksy demeanor. And somehow even dumber.

If there was a Jeb Bush gay scandal and he tried to explain it by saying he just accidentally tripped and fell mouth first on a guy's dick, I would have no problem believing that was what actually happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Wall Is Life posted:

Other than that initial hesitation with saying Iraq was a mistake, I don't think Jeb would have been forced into his other errors without Trump running. Remember, Romney and McCain weren't exactly conservative high-energy candidates.

Jeb's entire personality and demeanor is a "mistake". Immigration and terrorism were always going to big issues, and it's simply reality that Jeb comes across as a huge dweeb. Sure it wouldn't have been as big an issue without Trump playing the bully to Jeb's dweeb, but Jeb doesn't know how to act when the electorate isn't following the whims of the establishment. He can't pull off a "strong" persona, and that was always going to lose him the nomination.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Zelder posted:

Jeb! Is doing a very brave thing tanking the Bush family name

I'm glad that after two traitors and a war criminal it is finally happening.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DynamicSloth posted:

A week later, Mr. Trump retaliated by withdrawing the medical benefits critical to his nephew’s infant child.
In explanation for taking away life-saving medical care for a baby, Trump said, “I was angry because they sued.”

Republicans will literally read this as 'they were asking for it'.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
We NEED a President who plays by Chicago rules.

Trump is ruthless and strong, unlike Hillary Clinton, who as we all know, is a WOMAN.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I wonder how many Trump supporters would benefit from a minimum wage increase. But as we know wages are too high.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Boosted_C5 posted:

"If they kick one of yours out of office, then you kick one of theirs into the morgue. THAT'S the Chicago way!" :toughguy:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

If there was a Jeb Bush gay scandal and he tried to explain it by saying he just accidentally tripped and fell mouth first on a guy's dick, I would have no problem believing that was what actually happened.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Boosted_C5 posted:

Trump is ruthless and strong, unlike Hillary Clinton, who as we all know, is a WOMAN.

Are you MIGF?

Also Obama or vote Rahm

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

TheTatteredKing posted:

I wonder how many Trump supporters would benefit from a minimum wage increase. But as we know wages are too high.

I'd bet a lot of them are just above minimum wage, so while their wages will go up eventually, they will instead get pissed off because "burger flippers" are making the same as them now

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

etalian posted:

I love how in GOP talking points America is the greatest most invincible country in human history but on the flip side needs to be saved from something as well.

"It doesn't matter how strong we are as a nation, we need a strong authoritarian political leadership to watch our back and make sure we don't get stabbed." ~ Donald Trump, eventually (probably).

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

triple sulk posted:

Both Christie and Bush have zero chance of being the establishment nominee because they're horrendously unlikable turds.

that's what they said about r-money in 2012. i think it was Game Change 1 that had all the other repub candidates viciously poo poo-talking him while they were in the bathroom, and then he walks in and it's just awkward silence

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
God I want Trump to win Iowa so bad. Oddsmakers still give him a chance, even if the odds are worse than 3 to 1 favoring Cruz, 538 thinks he has a smart ground game, combine that with the 2 weeks people remember ads and the fact that most Iowans haven't made up their minds yet, and MAYBE. I'm hoping and praying and crossing fingers.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
i hope theres a season of the news room dedicated to the trump saga

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 18, 2016

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Shakugan posted:

Jeb's entire personality and demeanor is a "mistake". Immigration and terrorism were always going to big issues, and it's simply reality that Jeb comes across as a huge dweeb. Sure it wouldn't have been as big an issue without Trump playing the bully to Jeb's dweeb, but Jeb doesn't know how to act when the electorate isn't following the whims of the establishment. He can't pull off a "strong" persona, and that was always going to lose him the nomination.

the original idea behind jeb bush was that jeb bush was somehow going to get the entire latino vote by speaking in spanish and promising amnesty for illegal immigrants.

it should have been a shoe-in (in his eyes.) no one else running republican was electable, and he was going to get that huge latino vote and crush people in the polls.

unfortunately, nobody told him illegal immigrants don't vote.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

H5N1 posted:

I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

Mister Macys posted:

Republicans will literally read this as 'they were asking for it'.

quote:

Trump was a pro-choicer at the time, hardly surprising that he would act like one.

quote:

This is the core failing of leftist retarts.

Losers are losers are losers and they never change. Trump's brother was a genetic misfire and obviously so were his kids if they had special medical problems.

May as well set that money on fire as give it to a drunk or his hospital bound children.

:allears:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Shakugan posted:

Jeb's entire personality and demeanor is a "mistake".

If Trump hasn't tweeted exactly this yet, he should.

stefania_r
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

This is the core failing of leftist retarts.

Losers are losers are losers and they never change. Trump's brother was a genetic misfire and obviously so were his kids if they had special medical problems.

May as well set that money on fire as give it to a drunk or his hospital bound children.

Jesus what happened to Trump's brother?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

Anyone got a link to a feed of Trump's Biloxi rally? I'm in the mood to gawk tonight.

edit: Here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCx3tSWtyFI starts at 8pm ET

The comments on these are always a goldmine, if anyone hates themselves.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Boosted_C5 posted:

Hillary is basically nixon in a pants suit.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

stefania_r posted:

Trump's brother was a hardcore alcoholic and drank himself to death. It's the reason why Trump is a teetotaler.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

stefania_r posted:

Trump's brother was a free spirited alcoholic, who lived free and died young. So Trump manipulated his father into leaving his brother out of Trump Sr.'s will. When his nieces and nephews sued, Trump took away the funds for his baby nephew's cerebral palsy out of spite.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

i hope theres a season of the news room dedicated to the trump saga

aaron sorkin will blow his brains out on live television this year

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

etalian posted:

Hillary is basically nixon in a pants suit.

if only we were so lucky

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Trump's brother was a free spirited alcoholic, who lived free and died young. So Trump manipulated his father into leaving his brother out of Trump Sr.'s will. When his nieces and nephews sued, Trump took away the funds for his baby nephew's cerebral palsy out of spite.

Was a good excuse to remove contamination and weakness from the Trump bloodline

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Third World Reggin posted:

There is nothing wrong with trying to help people understand to not hurt protesters

The wrong part is that the people don't already understand that.

stefania_r
Sep 2, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

:magical: That's cold, even for Donald J. Trump.

E: I followed the quotes and I saw that the story was already posted in this thread. Still, drat.

stefania_r fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 3, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

The wrong part is that the people don't already understand that.

Also at the last few rallies anti trump protesters got roughed up.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zeal posted:

aaron sorkin will blow his brains out on live television this year

good

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rience's body hitting the stage floor will be the starting sound for the next debate

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

stefania_r posted:

Some one has to make the tough economic decisions. Why not Trump?

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Venom Snake posted:

Rience's body hitting the stage floor will be the starting sound for the next debate

each of the next debates will have a tiger pit and one low polling candidate will be fed to it at the end

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

stefania_r posted:

Spoken as someone who has never dealt with an alcoholic family member.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Venom Snake posted:

Transitioning into the popular drowning pool song.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
if carly goes first ill feel sorry for the tiger

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Jewel Repetition posted:

God I want Trump to win Iowa so bad. Oddsmakers still give him a chance, even if the odds are worse than 3 to 1 favoring Cruz, 538 thinks he has a smart ground game, combine that with the 2 weeks people remember ads and the fact that most Iowans haven't made up their minds yet, and MAYBE. I'm hoping and praying and crossing fingers.

My sense is that there really isn't anything Trump could do to increase his share of Iowa at this point because Cruz has it locked up, however there is always a chance Cruz could be brought low either through some stumble or a successful gang up by by Rubio, Huckabee et al. If Trump actually won Iowa though he'd become the heavy favourite overnight, it'd be like when Obama proved he could get white voters to vote for a black man except Trump would be proving he could convince people to vote for a reality tv cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Trump has seen the horrors that alcoholism can bring upon an individual and his/her family, therefore he had to get Lindsey Graham out of the race.

• Locked thread