Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

It's not working for me.

It's not January 1, 2016 anymore on the east coast as of the time of your post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Logicblade posted:

I really like how Shinji is starting to come more into his own as a character and actually seems to be developing some confidence. It seems like Asuka is actually helping him break out of his shell a little. I don't think episode 1 Shinji would have literally jumped into the fire to save anyone's life, so it was really great to see that. It's actually scary how competent Misato is since it seems like pounding all those beers should have some negative effects on your work life.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

.jpg posted:

/a/ has the epic eva theme with embedded music and sleek animations, meanwhile the the anime forum people pay to post on has been waiting for a simple chihayfuru css for almost a full year!

This.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah.

Haha...ha

ha
:smith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, we're gonna lose that guy soon. If half of the people don't like Evangelion because of Shinji being a wuss/hitting too close to home, the other half is because they expected Shinji to get slowly get better not be broken completely, and it doesn't help that the show makes it seem like the former going to happen.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

the how to act like shinji wikihow owns http://wikihow.com/Act-Like-Shinji-Ikari

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is there one for how to not act like Shinji?

Asking for a friend :smith:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Sakurazuka posted:

get a redhead to yell at you and call you an idiot whenever you do a shinji thing

this is sure to produce results

e: alternatively, grow up to be Gendo

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Shinji fights on and tries to do the right thing even when life is getting him down. Shinji owns... Until EoE anyways. EoE Shinji doesn't own.

Don't be EoE Shinji. That is my advice.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What does EOE Shinji do

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

What does EOE Shinji do

he's hosed up

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He's just a jerk

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

What does EOE Shinji do

Very bad things. To a girl and then all of humanity.

hosed up indeed.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I just watched it and I don't remember the humanity stuff. I remember the jerk off thing, which yeah you shouldn't do.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The "humanity" thing is Shinji telling Lilith/Rei/whatever the hybrid being is that all of humanity should just die... Which she mostly goes through with by actually bringing about Instrumentality and tanging everyone.

Shinji is pretty responsible for destroying the Earth (Or what we see of it anyways in the end of EoE).

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 7, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

He'd had a bad few weeks

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Raxivace posted:

The "humanity" thing is Shinji telling Lilith/Rei/whatever the hybrid being is that all of humanity should just die... Which she mostly goes through with by actually bringing about Instrumentality and tanging everyone.

Shinji is pretty responsible for destroying the Earth (Or what we see of it anyways in end of EoE).

Doesn't it end with his mom saying they can reform if they want to?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Doesn't it end with his mom saying they can reform if they want to?

Alongside Shinji realizing that it wasn't the right way, yes.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I alwasy read it that the entire end of eva has some 'contradictions' or rather just different points of view on the outcome and there's no real way of knowing what the 'true' result of everything was

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Even if they do come back, the world they'd return to is much worse off than it was before.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Even if they do come back, the world they'd return to is much worse off than it was before.

Not super-relevant one way or the other. As long as you're alive, there's the possibility of happiness!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Oh I absolutely do think the correct choice is still to reject Instrumentality, it's just that finding happiness in that particular hellhole would be difficult.

Gotta try anyways though, yeah. The possibility still exists.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Raxivace posted:

Yeah, the world of the Rebuild movies :unsmigghh:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ah yes, the infamous Girlfriend of Steel series.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Oh I absolutely do think the correct choice is still to reject Instrumentality, it's just that finding happiness in that particular hellhole would be difficult.

The Angels are dead, Lilith and Adam are spent, SEELE probably prefers ego-death to coming back and being crotchety old mortal men again, the Evangelions are either destroyed, consumed, or permanently stuck in orbit with Yui's eternal will to keep it there, and at least one person who died in the hours leading up to Instrumentality came back to life.

Honestly, setting aside the Rebuild theory for the moment, it sounds like an improvement.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Yeah one of the things I felt constantly throughout NGE the first few times I watched it was "does this world deserve to be saved?" and I feel like that's an explicit and implicit question throughout the series.

I like that it's a controversial issue still and I LOVE Anno's take on it in Rebuild 3

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Also the WikiHow is bullshit; SDAT very much exists. I have two SDAT recorders on my desk at work.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The Angels are dead, Lilith and Adam are spent, SEELE probably prefers ego-death to coming back and being crotchety old mortal men again, the Evangelions are either destroyed, consumed, or permanently stuck in orbit with Yui's eternal will to keep it there, and at least one person who died in the hours leading up to Instrumentality came back to life.

Honestly, setting aside the Rebuild theory for the moment, it sounds like an improvement.

Is it really only hours later that Asuka came back? I always thought it was a bit ambiguous.

EDIT: Agh, I totally misread that part of your post. My bad.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 8, 2016

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Is it really only hours later that Asuka came back? I always thought it was a bit ambiguous.

I have no idea how long it was between Instrumentality and Asuka coming back -- I think some people estimate it might be weeks or even months -- I just mean she died within hours of Instrumentality starting.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Midjack posted:

Also the WikiHow is bullshit; SDAT very much exists. I have two SDAT recorders on my desk at work.

SDAT is the fictional successor to DAT

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Radio Spiricom posted:

the how to act like shinji wikihow owns http://wikihow.com/Act-Like-Shinji-Ikari

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I just watched it and I don't remember the humanity stuff. I remember the jerk off thing, which yeah you shouldn't do.

I like to jerk off and cum. Sue me.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I have no idea how long it was between Instrumentality and Asuka coming back -- I think some people estimate it might be weeks or even months -- I just mean she died within hours of Instrumentality starting.

its hard to imagine shinji surviving weeks or months by himself

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

lmao

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

.jpg posted:

SDAT is the fictional successor to DAT

It's DAT with a stationary head.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Audio_Tape#R-DAT_and_S-DAT_.28DCC.29

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

CharlestheHammer posted:

What does EOE Shinji do

Evangelion is, metaphorically, the story of a kid growing up with the sadbrains and having the incredible responsibility of adulthood thrust upon him that he can't escape.

EoE is when that kid snaps and becomes a school shooter.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Post pics of your players and I might believe you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

.jpg posted:

Post pics of your players and I might believe you

Sadly work frowns on cameras in this particular area so you will remain forever unconvinced. :smith: