Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Guys, looks like Crobberts isn't spending much time coding. He might be the future GM of the NFL Detroit Lions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Bootcha posted:

Secret "Death to Star Citizen" Cabal Status Update:

Oh gently caress sake it's already past my bedtime. I need sleep Fart Shitizen thread, why won't you get me sleep :sludgepal:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I'm afraid to go to bed and wake up to a thousand new posts.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ash1138 posted:

if I spent a year playing wow for 16 hours a day, I'd probably murder some people too. and I *like* wow.
I'm not one of those who's like "video games make people commit mass murder," but with Breivik, he was radicalized into a cultic state of mind. And I just find it interesting that he was also an MMO addict.

Not an MMO player, but a 16-hour a day MMO binge-addict for a year while in his late twenties / early thirties on top of that.

Edit: :pgabz:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Daztek posted:

That's a silly thing to worry about.

It'll be 2,500.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Marching Powder posted:

question: anytime beer is mentioned in any reddit thread there's always a few guys who go 'hang on, he did good, thoughtful posting and was a valued member of the community, what's going on?', so who has taken up the mantle? is there any prominent community member posting good, thoughtful posts that the community likes?

also i cannot stop laughing at the palpable incredulity in the tone

Not really that I've seen. Thoughtful posts involve doubt, because how could they not- and doubt is now an invitation to run the person out of the community. There isn't really anyone who has insight into the company and enough of the community's respect that they can avoid punishment for talking about it. Mostly it's just shills and whales congratulating each other or lying to newcomers about game features, at this point. The Imperial News guys are both the subreddit mods and owners of their own SC commentary site, but they are ball-licking sycophants of the worst sort and pretty transparently useless at actually saying anything that isn't a direct CIG press release.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Daztek posted:

Don't worry, there's a sweet new gif you can post to let everyone know you caught up, and then they'll start posting again.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:qq: those mean goon bullies made fun of me for scamming idiots :qq:

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Daztek posted:

It's ok, only 3 of the posts will be longer than one line. I got through 10 pages in like 15 minutes earlier today.

E: The madden gifs are great when catching up. They take very little time to process, and usually result in a laugh.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

surc posted:

It's ok, only 3 of the posts will be longer than one line. I got through 10 pages in like 15 minutes earlier today.

E: The madden gifs are great when catching up. They take very little time to process, and usually result in a laugh.

A daily Madden gif summary of the latest Star Citizen news is a superb idea.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

A new Patch! I'll bold the best parts.

Patch Notes posted:

Fixes: Ships
Fixed an issue where the Vanguard Warden would spawn into the Hangar upside down or out of place.
How the gently caress does this even happen?

User Interface
Fixed an issue where the Freelancer could not be selected in the Holotable. Arena Commander Module:
Balance/Tweaks: Components Ships can now only lock/fire 2 missiles simultaneously. The exception is the Origin 325a, which can lock 4 missiles due to the WillsOp Targeting computer.

Fixes: Gameplay
Fixed an issue in Vanduul Swarm co-op where players would lose 2 respawns instead of 1 on death.
Ships
Fixed an issue where the Freelancer was able to be selected for Arena Commander. The Freelancer, Constellation and Retaliator are only flyable in Crusader at this point.
Fixed an issue where you could fly one of our loving ships. Haha, whoops!

Persistent Universe: Fixes: Gameplay
Fixed an issue where ships fell on to the landing platforms in Port Olisar rather than land, often taking damage in the process.
Fixed an issue where it was possible to black out even with G-SAFE enabled, without using boost.
We called this "Pulling A Lesnick"

Character
Fixed an issue where the character loadout was not retained when entering Million Mile High Club.
Environment
Fixed an issue where footstep audio was not triggered correctly when the character was running.
Fixed an issue with missing geometry on one of the Port Olisar landing pads.
Equipment
Fixed an issue where picking up a P4-AR would sometimes cause characters to be flung into space.
Ships
Fixed a number of physics grids issues with the Freelancer that would cause players to fall through the floor occasionally.
Fixed an issue where the Freelancer would not deploy countermeasures.
Fixed an issue where the Freelancer would sometimes spawn with no landing gear.
Fixed an issue where the red icon/ring for “missile lock” was not appearing on the HUD for the Constellation Andromeda.
Technical
Fixed several client crashes in Crusader.
Fixed an issue where character could not perform emotes after transitioning from one instance to another.
We called this "Pulling A Sandi"

Fixed a performance issue related to AI deaths in Crusader.
Fixed an issue where the framerate for all clients in Crusader would drop after a player died in combat.
User Interface
Fixed an issue where the party invite system was not displaying the name of the player who had joined.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Omi-Polari posted:

I'm not one of those who's like "video games make people commit mass murder," but with Breivik, he was radicalized into a cultic state of mind. And I just find it interesting that he was also an MMO addict.

Not an MMO player, but a 16-hour a day MMO binge-addict for a year while in his late twenties / early thirties on top of that.

Edit: :pgabz:
I wasn't really making a serious reply.

Although everyone who hangs out in the Goldshire Inn on the Moon Guard server should probably be on a watch list of some kind.

CrazyLoon posted:

The only way it could be more perfect, if it does turn out to be her quitting or (I honestly cannot imagine CR ever allowing this) being fired, is that she makes a post about how she was just: "Harassed off the position for being a woman." or some sort. That would be the icing on the cake that makes it magnifique.
Oh, "harassed by men/gamergaters until she quit" is absolutely going to be the narrative that they latch onto despite it being a load of crap.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
If Beer trolled Sandi out of her important job torturing incompetent IT workers he might be the best goon of all time.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I dunno I've heard these Sandi quitting rumors before. I'll believe it when I see it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Daztek posted:

I won't be able to get back on the internet until Sunday night. :(

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Berious posted:

If Beer trolled Sandi out of her important job torturing incompetent IT workers he might be the best goon of all time.
i dunno, pgabz got his sweet avatar turned into an emoticon...

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Why would you have loyalty to an in-game company?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/403gw0/anyone_getting_ships_from_just_1_ship_company/

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Sarsapariller posted:

Tinkering at the edges. At least they're squashing bugs I guess but you have to wonder how long even the cultists will tolerate no visible content progress. When the patches are just fiddling with numbers in a database balance poo poo we'll know they've completely run out of steam.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

spacetoaster posted:

I won't be able to get back on the internet until Sunday night. :(

see you on page 1500 then

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Hey guy's boring boring boring ship ship autism more money than sense failure at life mustang crapheap isn't that interesting?

g-guys?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Sarsapariller posted:

Fixed an issue where character could not perform emotes after transitioning from one instance to another.
We called this "Pulling A Sandi"

:golfclap:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Lowtax posted:

DID YOU READ THAT, MISTER AND MISSES ROBERTS? I, THE OWNER OF THE WORLD'S MOST TOXIC INTERNET COMMUNITY, HAVE SPENT $45 TO PURCHASE ONE OF YOUR SPACESHIPS FOR SPACE IN YOUR SPACE GAME

Waiting to see if your rsi account will be banned for ToS reasons.

Let us know lowtax

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Berious posted:

Tinkering at the edges. At least they're squashing bugs I guess but you have to wonder how long even the cultists will tolerate no visible content progress. When the patches are just fiddling with numbers in a database balance poo poo we'll know they've completely run out of steam.

No new content at all that I can see. Citizens were all abuzz just yesterday about some rumored big surprise in 2.1- whoops, guess not.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Ash1138 posted:

i dunno, pgabz got his sweet avatar turned into an emoticon...

I love dat dancing kitty but saving people from working under Sandi is a humanitarian achievement on par with that goon project to build a school in Haiti. And all it took was a few polite emails. I'm in awe(once confirmed)

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

RuckusRouser posted:

It was about 1:05 PM Eastern Time. So go to the livestream here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znR3JvQJPMc

Look at your clock, and figure out the time difference between your time NOW and 1:05pm ET (e.g., 3 hours and 5 min), then use the bar at the bottom to go to -X:XX (-3:05 in this example)

Its a loving 4 hour recording, just whats the timestamp at which Derek is talking about Sandi?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Anyone have affinity for or loyalty for one jpeg line? I have always liked jpeg, my first upgrade was from my bundled jpeg to a jpeg (jpeg). I have since upgraded my jpeg to a jpeg but have been thinking about melting to a jpeg. I also own a jpeg now and have been thinking about going all jpeg line. LOVE all the jpeg line jpegs.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Kakarot posted:

Its a loving 4 hour recording, just whats the timestamp at which Derek is talking about Sandi?

Derek's entire section might have been wiped out because youtube only seems to have recorded the last 4 hours of what became a 9 hour livestream.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
sandi if you did quit and if it was because my bullying in part

i am sorry

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
what's this about Sandi jumping ship?!?!?!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

sandi if you did quit and if it was because my bullying in part

i am sorry

please stay and generate more hilarious blowups

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Bootcha.

Post the deets.

:justpost:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Bootcha posted:

Secret "Death to Star Citizen" Cabal Status Update:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

IDK but there were weird RPers who would only fly ships from certain in-game companies in EVE online, a bad game

this is probably similar

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if Sandi really did quit I imagine as soon as croberts leaves for the day its like a loving party in the office

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Omi-Polari posted:

Bootcha.

Post the deets.

Dear Accomplice Bootcha

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It's almost 1am here Bootcha for fucks sake :yarg: :yarg: :yarg: :yarg:

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Omi-Polari posted:

Bootcha.

Post the deets.

Release year 2014

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

TTerrible posted:

It's almost 1am here Bootcha for fucks sake :yarg: :yarg: :yarg: :yarg:

Chill. It's friday. Also it's soon 2 am here.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Star citizen : abandon ship! wait! Don't forget the coffee machine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Derek's entire section might have been wiped out because youtube only seems to have recorded the last 4 hours of what became a 9 hour livestream.

DS comes @ 1:49:46 in this one

• Locked thread