Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
So sandi's not leaving? awwh sh- *puts away specially decorated cake*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I know what's wrong with me,
Its feature creep you see.
I was the target of a notion of some larceny.
Oh yeah they needed me, I was the project see.
They tried to stick a developer inside of me.

:captainpop: Looks like we got us a new sheriff in town boys!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I'm guessing Sandi is mighty pissed with her agent for not getting her that goddamn part she needs to gracefully excuse herself from this shitshow

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

ether posted:

Mad Max: Fury Road, watching it is so worth it. That scene is how goons play games in general I think ;-)

Have to post the epic trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWNWi-ZWL3c

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I just noticed in her resume that she's credited as "military pilot" in SQ42. Did we have this confirmed from somewhere else?

So, will she be our fellow student from the academy that we had some awkward crush on? Or is she the experienced pilot teaching us the ropes, through which our relationship develops into an awkward crush? Or is she our co-pilot, handling the ship while the plots forces us to the turrets or out in a hornet or whatever, slowly realizing our mutual awkward crush on each other?

So many possibilities my head is spinning

She will be your wingman/companion so even if by some miracle you can skip cutscenes you have to listen to sandi talk to you all the way through every level

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

The more of this thread I read the less likely I think that the game will ever actually release, but the more I want it to release because the more RAGE VS GOONS sentiment is building and if we've learned anything from Eve it's that everyone hating goons is the best environment to play in. I can't even imagine what flying my Jpeg around would be like if everyone legit hated us from years before the game even released.

Not just hated us, but engaged in rhetoric specifically designed to combat things we post on an internet comedy forum.

I'm sad dreaming about what could have been. :(

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Nation posted:

She will be your wingman/companion so even if by some miracle you can skip cutscenes you have to listen to sandi talk to you all the way through every level

"Press 'A' to skip dialogue"

"Lol just kidding"

"Lol stahp"

"Nuh-uh this next bit's really good"

"Ooh look gary oldman's talking"

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
And for all you people doubting that SQ42 will be coming this year: I think you're wrong.

Squadron 42 isn't really a game, it's Sandi's big break. Think she'll allow Roberts to delay it indefinitely while she still has Hollywood ambitions?

No loving way. Gameplay be damned, those 10 hours' worth of cutscenes will be out before the year is done, willing to :toxx: for this

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

"Lol just kidding"

"Lol stahp"

"Hey, I'm gonna sing now, if that's cool with you. Haha I don't care if its cool with you."

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Gawain The Blind posted:

"Hey, I'm gonna sing now, if that's cool with you. Haha I don't care if its cool with you."

*sings nazi national anthem*

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chalks posted:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

"Lol just kidding"

"Lol stahp"

remember when Croberts mentioned that SQ42 would be a rogue like game? now you will really really try very very very hard not to die else you will go back to those unskipable cut-scenes lol

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Gawain The Blind posted:

"Die Fahne hoch die Reihen fest geschlossen"

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

poo poo too slow!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Nation posted:

poo poo too slow!

try coffee

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

And for all you people doubting that SQ42 will be coming this year: I think you're wrong.

Squadron 42 isn't really a game, it's Sandi's big break. Think she'll allow Roberts to delay it indefinitely while she still has Hollywood ambitions?

No loving way. Gameplay be damned, those 10 hours' worth of cutscenes will be out before the year is done, willing to :toxx: for this

I hope you're right. 10 hours of quality Chris Roberts writing and Sandi's deer in the headlights "acting" wrapped around a rushed sub AC2.0 crashtastic mess would be the absolute pinnacle of hilarity.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

EminusSleepus posted:

remember when Croberts mentioned that SQ42 would be a rogue like game? now you will really really try very very very hard not to die else you will go back to those unskipable cut-scenes lol

Just imagine. I don't think they'd even allow that in Guantanamo bay,

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Chalks posted:

Gawain The Blind posted:

:haw: :five:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

i think you mean fibre?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

"Stop firing Pusher! I can tell your ginger from here!"

"Shut up Maverick, don't tell me how to fly my ship! You know drat well I fly shorn! I can take it!"

*Ship melts. Fin.*

A better script than Wing Commander.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

EminusSleepus posted:

What possible reason could he have for even claiming that this would be roguelike? That's the worse lie I've heard honestly. WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT IT TO BE ROGUELIKE?!

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Ship melts. Steel gleams.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Nation posted:

i think you mean fibre?

whatever floats your boat man i don't kinkshame

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Bootcha posted:

Ship melts. Steel gleams.

Admit it, you're just posting this kind of poo poo to rile us up ITT.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

CrazyLoon posted:

Admit it, you're just posting this kind of poo poo to rile us up ITT.

I don't blame him for trying to get return on his investment

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Gryphon0468 has a meltdown when he is called out for being a goon.

:allears:

Come back Gryphon0468, I miss you!

Operation True Believer is working great, good work agent Gryphon19263916753681593519532897645029, they won't suspect anything now.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Can someone with access to SC extract the crab model from the data files? I need it for science

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

What possible reason could he have for even claiming that this would be roguelike? That's the worse lie I've heard honestly. WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT IT TO BE ROGUELIKE?!

that was the original pitch of Squadron 42, no save point just like dark souls but the gruesome part is that croberts will surely force you to watch his epic art called mocap because he wants you to believe he is an awesome movie producer/director.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

EminusSleepus posted:

that was the original pitch of Squadron 42, no save point just like dark souls but the gruesome part is that croberts will surely force you to watch his epic art call mocap because he wants you to believe he is an awesome movie producer/director.

I'm looking forward to the debate on Reddit when the cutscene-skipping mod launches

:supaburn: You're ruining Chris's vision
:kiddo: Actually I'd argue your phrasing there. Chris's vision included the player's ability to freely explore the verse without...

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

At this point roberts just hears about or sees features in other games and says it's gonna be in sq42.

Press "use" to pay respects.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Little off topic here but how many of you are aware of brasseye, the English satirical look at politics and the world by chris morris?

Specifically the paedogeddon episode

I think gryphon20455's avatar should be changed to a picture of Dr.fox and his title should be :

" Paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that's a scientific fact: there's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact."

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Romes128 posted:

Press "pay" to pay respects by buying a jpeg of flowers with CitizenBux.

VVVVV :sissies:

Digital Prophet fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jan 9, 2016

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

EminusSleepus posted:

since the spergs in SC really wants to have rape mechanics in SC then I hope CIG will create this one for immersion

Rapex product

The main danger with that idea is that it has a good chance to provoke an escalation of what started as a rape to "assault, attempted murder and possibly more rape at a later date". If the main feature of your product is "See, you can choose to be either raped or beaten to an inch of your life !" you need to rethink your approach.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

I'm looking forward to the debate on Reddit when the cutscene-skipping mod launches

:supaburn: You're ruining Chris's vision
:kiddo: Actually I'd argue your phrasing there. Chris's vision included the player's ability to freely explore the verse without...

I am still hoping that I can blow up my commanders head just even at the first mission, that thing was also promised.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

I'm guessing it was during the recent indie roguelike revival. He probably noticed roguelike was a popular tag in Steam and thought it'd shift a few more jpegs.

Everything they do makes more sense if dismiss the idea they're making a game and just look at it from the perspective of selling more jpegs.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Romes128 posted:

At this point roberts just hears about or sees features in other games and says it's gonna be in sq42.

Press "use" to pay respects.

No no no. You've got CRobber's angle on the situation all wrong.

Press “pay” to use respects.

e:f;b. I hate all of you. Goons suck. :argh:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Little off topic here but how many of you are aware of brasseye, the English satirical look at politics and the world by chris morris?

Specifically the paedogeddon episode

I think gryphon20455's avatar should be changed to a picture of Dr.fox and his title should be :

" Paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that's a scientific fact: there's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact."

People who buy jpeg space ships must be off their heads on cake.

e:Lesnick himself suffers from Czech neck if rumours are to be believed.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jan 9, 2016

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

EminusSleepus posted:

that was the original pitch of Squadron 42, no save point just like dark souls but the gruesome part is that croberts will surely force you to watch his epic art called mocap because he wants you to believe he is an awesome movie producer/director.

Berious posted:

I'm guessing it was during the recent indie roguelike revival. He probably noticed roguelike was a popular tag in Steam and thought it'd shift a few more jpegs.

Everything they do makes more sense if dismiss the idea they're making a game and just look at it from the perspective of selling more jpegs.

EminusSleepus posted:

If only losing your ship meant you had to pay to get it back..with interest :D
Could you imagine the rsi tears? :allears:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

People who buy jpeg space ships must be off their heads on cake.

You are a paedophile, you are a nonce, you're a perv, you're a slot badger, you're a two pin DIN plug, you're a bush dodger, you're a small bean regarder, you're a unabummer, you're a nut administrator, you're a bent ref, you're the crazy world of Arthur Brown, you're a fence foal, you're a free willy, you're a chimney bottler, you're a bunty man, you're a shrub rocketeer...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Berious posted:

Don't worry the forth stimpire guy is still chugging along. Mods didn't even close his amazing thread which I'm sure they know about because CIG obsessively read every post ITT.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/310241/the-sickening-and-heartbreaking-truths-of-the-fourth-stimpire

I used to click most RSI link to enjoy a little bit of brown sea exploration but that was before the 4th Stimpire incident. Now I'm a little wary to click since i value my retinas and sanity.

What is wrong with these people ? Even at my most sexually depraved teens self the worst i dreamed of was to have the whole girls volleyball team fall in love and lust after me...

• Locked thread