Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

That's him with the hurt butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

serious norman posted:

I would download it illegally :twisted:

You have enough bandwidth for a 50Gb torrent and then a 30Gb patch?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

sweet, it's a real critique.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Samizdata posted:

You have enough bandwidth for a 50Gb torrent and then a 30Gb patch?

1gbit bi0tch

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Google translate created some gems from that SC article.

""Dare to say that a project is in the wall (before hearing the sound of the crash" ( Canard PC No. 312): it is always dangerously valid."

Star Citizen: Dangerously Valid

"And if for tucking under while it has already raised more than 10 times its initial kickstart, the studio began to sell -in advance donc- virtual items for his game several hundred dollars apiece, you feel the unborn the drops of sweat?"

Star Citizen: Unborn Drops of Sweat

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sedisp posted:

Change a few words to spaceship and its perfect.

I don't think I could bring myself to read her stuff closely enough to edit it like that.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"You're in ever article talking badly about this game" - Person that goes to every article about SC praising the game and demanding people who say anything negative "get a life"

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Samizdata posted:

Why? There's nothing like pulling into orbit with a fleet of Doom Stars with multiple miniaturized Stellar Converters. Then you frag all the planets just to use the rubble to make new and better ones. Wait... You said 3?

I warned you Samizdata, no questions!!

Edit:

Also can some French goon finally do the deed and just translate this for us, broken English via google translate just looks confusing to me.

Scruffpuff posted:

Google translate created some gems from that SC article.

""Dare to say that a project is in the wall (before hearing the sound of the crash" ( Canard PC No. 312): it is always dangerously valid."

Star Citizen: Dangerously Valid

"And if for tucking under while it has already raised more than 10 times its initial kickstart, the studio began to sell -in advance donc- virtual items for his game several hundred dollars apiece, you feel the unborn the drops of sweat?"

Star Citizen: Unborn Drops of Sweat

OK, even though that first one is some Elite-reference destroyed by bad translation, that second one is genuinely funny.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Libluini posted:

Also can some French goon finally do the deed and just translate this for us, broken English via google translate just looks confusing to me.
That article is from last month.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ash1138 posted:

pretty sure all the stretch goals were eaten up by ben's waistband

It would be great if the RSI web page kept a running total over which specified stretch goals they consider delivered, instead of just those paid for

Also lol:

$4,000,000 stretch goal posted:

A new star system will be added to the game for every $100,000 pledged, with descriptions posted to the Comm-Link.
$3.1M: Odin System
$3.2M: Tyrol System
$3.3M: Kellog System
$3.4M: Goss System
$3.5M: Orion System
$3.6M: Ellis System
$3.7M: Cathcart System
$3.8M: Tal System
$3.9M: Geddon System
$4.0M: Chronos System
The RSI website will feature a monthly “Wingman’s Hangar” webcast from the development team.
Professional mod tools will be provided free to all players.
Squadron 42 will feature a richer storyline and 45 total missions.
Star Citizen will launch with 50 star systems and feature an additional flyable ship, the Drake Interplanetary Cutlass.

:smug: Thanks citizen, we'll think about making those once you've given us another $100,000,000

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Libluini posted:

I warned you Samizdata, no questions!!

Edit:

OK, even though that first one is some Elite-reference destroyed by bad translation, that second one is genuinely funny.

I can, but this is not the 12 pages article we are after, its an old one they published in February last year (2015). I can translate it later after work (in 4h) if nobody do it faster.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Well Oblivion was released 2006 and Skyrim in 2011 so I guess that's where he got his stupid figure, but development started in like 2008

I'd imagine the same guy maintains SC began development in 2013 because :smug:

Largely because he's forgetting that Bethesda's was concentrating on another less-known game at the time called Fallout 3.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

It's funny because even if Star Citizen were released and be a really good game there is no way it can ever hope to match the expectations of it's delusional fanbase. Each of these whales has their own independent visions of what SC will end up being, and most of them are drastically different from each other. Sooner or later this fanbase is going to turn on each other and eat themselves alive and it will be hilarious to watch.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

That article is from last month.

And it took us this long to take notice? Lowtax should run some adds in French TV or something, we clearly don't have enough coverage in France.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
how much of the hundred mil will go to server costs im no game developer but all these star systems seems like a lot of 1s and 0s to me.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Space Marshal - [$5000 - $9999 backer]

mwahahahhahahaaa.

I love that they end up revolting over the dumbest poo poo too.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

A Neurotic Jew posted:

mwahahahhahahaaa.

:lol::lol::lol::

All of the problems in this game and THIS is where he draws the line?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

quote:

Squadron 42 will feature a richer storyline and 45 total missions.

What is the underlying implication here? That they had a slapdash storyline with fewer missions, but if they got enough money, they'd make it richer? (:lol: @ CRoberts making a storyline "richer")

CIG Restaurant Menu

$5 - Soup of the Day
$10 - Soup of the Day (without maggots)

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Like you could draw 'WTF is this?' with an arrow on it on nearly every single piece of media that has come out for this game.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

mwahahahhahahaaa.

pic say's it all

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Get a refund

flamingdawg
May 25, 2006
Can someone post a digest of wtf is up with this shitstorm these days. TIA

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Scruffpuff posted:

What is the underlying implication here? That they had a slapdash storyline with fewer missions, but if they got enough money, they'd make it richer? (:lol: @ CRoberts making a storyline "richer")

CIG Restaurant Menu

$5 - Soup of the Day
$10 - Soup of the Day (without maggots)

I can't wait to walk to the mess hall and talk to my wingman 'crazy' who flies all over the place and takes a lot of chances. After a while 'Hotshot' will come in and interrupt us to brag about how he's the best pilot we have. Together our ragged crew of outcasts and miscreants will somehow thwart the evil aliens and their terrible space plan.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

flamingdawg posted:

Can someone post a digest of wtf is up with this shitstorm these days. TIA

Chris and his wife robbed thousands who thanked him as he failed to play his nonexistent game and she confirmed that she is the best saleswoman in the world without a doubt ever since she was a very small girl.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

A Neurotic Jew posted:

mwahahahhahahaaa.

Ha ha ha. Well, I guess when you spend thousands on internet spaceship models, you really care about those models above all else. Even a game to use them in.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Like you could draw 'WTF is this?' with an arrow on it on nearly every single piece of media that has come out for this game.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Goddamn space cabinets ruining my immersion.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

fuctifino posted:

Star Citizen: A self-sustaining sperg-fusion reaction.

Does that tag apply to the game or this thread though? :sun:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

drat Dirty Ape posted:

It's funny because even if Star Citizen were released and be a really good game there is no way it can ever hope to match the expectations of it's delusional fanbase. Each of these whales has their own independent visions of what SC will end up being, and most of them are drastically different from each other. Sooner or later this fanbase is going to turn on each other and eat themselves alive and it will be hilarious to watch.

I dunno. I think the whales can and will force themselves to believe whatever gets released is everything they ever wanted. Look at how they defend 2.1 as if it were a game

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Berious posted:

Does that tag apply to the game or this thread though? :sun:

Why not both?

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 15, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think they're fully aware and are callous enough to not care.
Is there anything particular on which you base that belief?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Some idiot who is :10bux: poorer than he should be.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Argh you got me before I could edit

The shame of loving up a short quip in three different ways :saddowns:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

CIG, trash that SQ42 script. I'll cook you up a better one for the low low price of making Derek Smart the main character.

But, wait, you have a home!

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I dunno. I think the whales can and will force themselves to believe whatever gets released is everything they ever wanted. Look at how they defend 2.1 as if it were a game

I dunno, I think some probably will but the first time Mr. "I want to have a super fleet that mines together in peace" meets Mr. "I want to board and capture ships and rape their crewmembers" on the forums after release it could get ugly.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Libluini posted:

What's the Elite reference?

Cleaning up the translation in Google Translate comes to something like "Daring to say the project runs into a wall (before the impact)."

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Well it does challenge their expectations of stupid poo poo in the game like ~fidelity~ and ~immersion~

Rather a perfect ship in their imaginations than a sloppy ship in the game

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Unfunny Poster posted:

"You're in ever article talking badly about this game" - Person that goes to every article about SC praising the game and demanding people who say anything negative "get a life"
Is it Rajafa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

drat Dirty Ape posted:

It's probably that they're repressing all their rage at how poo poo this game is every time an update comes out, and plastering over it with rationalizations, stretching them thinner and thinner, going "well, at least they're doing *this* with care and skill! :unsmith:" and they were down to just the care and work put into that ship they'd paid a bunch for. This is the final straw that makes those rationalizations start to crumble.

I'm excited to see this continue happening more and more.

surc fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 15, 2016

• Locked thread