Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

More than that though, for preorder customers, Daban will throw in a free pg full armor set. So for 100bux you get an LED set, their PG Unicorn, and the web exclusive FA set, and right now, they might not be selling the FA set on its own? Might be your last chance to get it if you're interested in it.

Are they going to do that final version with the green psychoframe and the triple shield thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Yeah the 1/100 Moebius Zero is practically 3D printer quality. I give it points for existing and giving my Strike a cool beam rifle, but it's probably the worst 3rd party kit I've ever seen.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

Are they going to do that final version with the green psychoframe and the triple shield thing?

I dunno yet. Right now it's just your basic FAUC and they've shown off the pink psychoframe, but apparently they're still deciding on whether or not to run with that color or offer a clear version or whatnot. At the very least, you can expect a resin version of the triple shield clip part to show up at some point, but the final battle version is a ways off if I recall so :shrug:

For my two cents, I'd kill for a clear psychoframe option from either Daban or Dragon Momoko. And it would kill me because it'd probably end with me making a PG Plan B. :shepicide:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Got my MG Jesta Cannon in the mail today! :toot: Time to build my first kit in a couple months, drat you Legos...

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

MJP posted:

COMPRESSORS
If you can flex your budget, I would advise doing so a few bucks more and getting this one, with a tank: http://www.amazon.com/AIRBRUSH-COMP...tank+compressor Tanks can't be added after the fact, at least not without significant pneumatics experience.

If you aren't getting the cheapo airbrush that comes with other similar compressors, which are Iwata-threaded, you'll need an adapter: http://www.amazon.com/MASTER-Brand-...irbrush+adapter

As far as I can tell, that compressor and tank doesn't come with the airbrush. Is there a certain airbrush you or someone else in the thread would recommend? I just picked up one of the Bandai X-Wing kits and I want to try my hand at painting before assembly. Thanks for the advice.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

An Iwata Eclipse is usually on sale on Amazon.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I haven't finished it yet, but I've been working on my MG V2, and if anyone was wondering, there are features which are obviously there for the assault and buster packs. Hopefully means they'll unveil those soon

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Droyer posted:

I haven't finished it yet, but I've been working on my MG V2, and if anyone was wondering, there are features which are obviously there for the assault and buster packs. Hopefully means they'll unveil those soon

You mean they'll be unveiled as P-Bandai kits, and they'll be separate so you'll have to buy a Buster V2 and an Assault V2.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You really need to calm down about P-Bandai already.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

You really need to calm down about P-Bandai already.

Probably, but you know I'm probably right.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Jolo posted:

As far as I can tell, that compressor and tank doesn't come with the airbrush. Is there a certain airbrush you or someone else in the thread would recommend? I just picked up one of the Bandai X-Wing kits and I want to try my hand at painting before assembly. Thanks for the advice.

I've used a Paasche Talon for some time now and been extremely happy. It will require an adapter, but those are super cheap. It is also about $50 cheaper than the Iwata and has a needle stop, which the Iwata does not have, as far as I can tell.

Talon: http://www.amazon.com/Paasche-TG-2L-Airbrush-Accessories/dp/B0017IFL4E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1452711540&sr=8-2&keywords=paasche+talon
Adapters: http://www.amazon.com/MASTER-Brand-...sh+hose+adapter

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Airbrush chat: http://www.webairbrushes.com/ is having a pretty great sale right now. The coupon code is INVRED16 and it seems to be 50% and sometimes much more on the majority of their inventory.

It seems like they are liquidating their inventory because some of the prices are too good. You can get a badger compressor and nice aribrush for $200

Paints including the Minitaire line are 50% off as well

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks for the tip. No kidding, those prices are insane.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I finished my MG V2 (more or less)! Might upload pictures soon

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

How's the beam rifle? I've heard the MG V2 has a really unstable grip.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

How's the beam rifle? I've heard the MG V2 has a really unstable grip.

It sorta does, yeah. It can hold the rifle just fine, but it isn't pegged into anythting so it's just kinda resting in the hand

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Droyer posted:

It sorta does, yeah. It can hold the rifle just fine, but it isn't pegged into anythting so it's just kinda resting in the hand

wow that's the like the first mg in years that didn't have some sort of peg to hold the weapons.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone have any good proxy services to use that will get the limited stuff like at comiket and wonfes?
There are a couple items I want from this upcoming wonfes.
I used yokatta shopping before and they were great but their site is now full of dead links so im not sure it works anymore,

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I bought the 1/100 Barbatos today, and I am curious to see how it turns out. The stickers look cheap, but it looks like it will be easy enough to paint those details.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Monaghan posted:

wow that's the like the first mg in years that didn't have some sort of peg to hold the weapons.

It's (unsurprisingly) based off the MG Victory, which instead of a peg had this little nub on its index finger that was supposed to hold its beam rifle in place. I think it worked for Victory due to the design of its beam rifle, but not for V2 for the same reason.

Or maybe Victory can't really keep a good grip on its rifle either, I dunno.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

More than that though, for preorder customers, Daban will throw in a free pg full armor set. So for 100bux you get an LED set, their PG Unicorn, and the web exclusive FA set, and right now, they might not be selling the FA set on its own? Might be your last chance to get it if you're interested in it.
So where can this be preordered? That is a great deal just for the FA parts alone.
Gundamcentral doesn't have it yet or I'm missing something.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

It's (unsurprisingly) based off the MG Victory, which instead of a peg had this little nub on its index finger that was supposed to hold its beam rifle in place. I think it worked for Victory due to the design of its beam rifle, but not for V2 for the same reason.

Or maybe Victory can't really keep a good grip on its rifle either, I dunno.

I tested it out a bit and the V2 holds its rifle surprisingly well, considering.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Zedd posted:

So where can this be preordered? That is a great deal just for the FA parts alone.
Gundamcentral doesn't have it yet or I'm missing something.

Sorry, I got to the info late, I thought SamuelDecal said it was if you preordered before May 1st but I forgot he uses DD/MM formatting, so the cutoff was January 5th. :downs:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Sorry, I got to the info late, I thought SamuelDecal said it was if you preordered before May 1st but I forgot he uses DD/MM formatting, so the cutoff was January 5th. :downs:
Motherf...
Oh well, now I can wait for the quality reports and I don't doubt the FA set will come on the market separately.

Lanz
May 30, 2013
It is me or do the joints of the RG 00 Raiser get a bit more loose over time, even if you're not repeatedly re-posing it?

I started fiddling with it last night to finally put the decals on the GN Drives and re-pose it for a new look and everything moved more smoothly than I remember but also at the same time it became a hell of a lot more fidgety, particularly the hip and knee joints

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lanz posted:

It is me or do the joints of the RG 00 Raiser get a bit more loose over time, even if you're not repeatedly re-posing it?

I started fiddling with it last night to finally put the decals on the GN Drives and re-pose it for a new look and everything moved more smoothly than I remember but also at the same time it became a hell of a lot more fidgety, particularly the hip and knee joints

is the weather colder?

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
Finished building the Gyan. After building the Deathscythe Hell and Turn X, the Gyan was a much quicker and easier build. I don't get the hate with Gyan. Sure it looks goofy as hell in the wrong pose, but it can look really cool in the right pose.

Only reason why the sword isn't lit is because I didn't set up the LED in the sword correctly. Now I can't fix it cause the screw is stripped. That and the waist armour not being connected to anything are my only real negatives with this kit. I recommend it, especially if it's your first MG. It's pretty cheap.

I'm going to build the MG Fenice Rinascita, which I'm really looking forward to. It's going to take awhile cause I have to move some stuff around to make room. I just want to confirm that the MG Sinanju OVA is a good kit. It's has good reviews, but there's a lot of conflicting reports about it not being able to hold it's weapons and the wrists being really loose.

Mad Lupine fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 17, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It can hold them, but it has really heavy weapons and rounded armor that makes posing them a little awkward.

Main thing to worry about is the waist joint, though.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

BlitzBlast posted:

It can hold them, but it has really heavy weapons and rounded armor that makes posing them a little awkward.

Main thing to worry about is the waist joint, though.

Do you mean in terms of posing or durability?

Lanz
May 30, 2013

Fauxtool posted:

is the weather colder?

yep

Never really noticed that on other kits though

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fauxtool posted:

Airbrush chat: http://www.webairbrushes.com/ is having a pretty great sale right now. The coupon code is INVRED16 and it seems to be 50% and sometimes much more on the majority of their inventory.

It seems like they are liquidating their inventory because some of the prices are too good. You can get a badger compressor and nice aribrush for $200

Paints including the Minitaire line are 50% off as well

They have clarified the terms of their sale. It was an inventory reduction sale, minimum 42% discount going until the 31st. As always cross check prices with amazon first.

I have used these guys alot and they are great.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
http://schizophonic9.com/re3/volks_testarossa.html

schizophonic finished his build of one of my favorite robots

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
You guys weren't joking. the RG 00R is a fantastic kit. I usually build things a little out of order, and the Raiser itself is really sharp, both aesthetically and literally. There are a few points on this thing that are just great for a kit this size.

Any word on if Bandai is going to expand the Advanced MS Joint frame system to other lines?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Hi Resolution Model is pretty much RG in 1/100 form.

Though considering the price of HR Barbatos, it's probably not going to do too well!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Part 1 http://imgur.com/a/b4Rvl

Part 2 http://imgur.com/a/t9LZE

Finished the Genoace II. I learned a couple of more things about tamiya paint.

Upon test fitting, the backpack pegs snapped right off. This was a good opportunity to reattach them using metal pipe and sanding

The lower torso hole tended to swallow the upper torso polycap, so I added a piece of sprue inside to act as a limiter

You can see that every part of this kit was made for a snug fit, for painting purposes, tremendous amounts of sanding and adjusting would have to be made

I extended the neck piece a bit, poly cement does not weld polycap rubber so I smeared CA glue all over

On the right an unsanded leg piece, on the left a more open joint using the plastic-eater file

Making coral red was kinda fun

I used clear gloss and clear flat hobby aqueous because I thought it would give a better result than using alclad aquagloss. Gloss coat for paneling, then flat for finishing.

Before I start my next figure, I would just like to know if there's a goddamn way to stop paint from rubbing off onto other pieces I clearly am missing a step here, seeing as I wait for paint to cure, not just dry, then adding another coat over. The clear coats smudge off when contacted with other parts creating some white streaks. Also for some weird reason the DODS rifle, which was coeated too, rubbed onto the arm. Am I not waiting long enough for complete curing?

e: imgur sucks rear end

Ka0 fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 20, 2016

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
My Z'gok is still on a slow boat from Japan, but I got my Build Fighters Gouf in today!

I haven't done the rest of the accessories yet, but this guy looks great. My only issue: Floppy Leg. One of the pegs is incredibly loose and I'm not sure what to do about it. I've tried to tacky it up by sticking on and removing tape from the peg and that's helped a little, but not quite enough. Any suggestions?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
floor polish. dip the peg in, let it dry, test it, repeat if necessary

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

I know there's the dalong picture available, but the best I can estimate for the size of the Base Jabber is about 9 inches long by 5 inches wide. Can anyone with the model handy let me know if I'm in the right ballpark?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Ka0 posted:

Am I not waiting long enough for complete curing?

Possibly! Tamiya needs at least two days of curing time to be safe. I doubt that's your problem as much as the simple fact that acrylics are just... really flimsy. There is a very good reason people recommend you prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
I've finished painting my Graze, and I finally broke through a hurdle in my painting technique and as a result my second batch of parts looks vastly superior to the rest.

The problem is that now most of the body that was in the first batch looks like garbage by comparison. At least my next project will look nice.