Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Aliquid posted:

Wait, what? They didn't mail a DVD player, they mailed a device that only plays the Jeb Bush Story?

that is so typically disappointing

And wasteful as gently caress. gently caress the Earth though I guess Jeb! is going all in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

hopefully somebody shits on it and tweets pictures of their poo poo smeared all over the jeb bush story player and thinks 'i have won this round'

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Montasque posted:

Rush is going full "gently caress Trump" it seems.

What's the context? This is interesting.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Painfully Miami.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Aliquid posted:

Wait, what? They didn't mail a DVD player, they mailed a device that only plays the Jeb Bush Story?

that is so typically disappointing

I have to think that you can take out the DVD, but you'll always be left with TheJEBStory.com

...in which case we could get some great pictures of people popping in other movies and retelling TheJEBStory their own way

e: or maybe not, the message in the mail certainly doesn't read like you can. lol at including a charger though, I JUST CAN'T STOP WATCHING THIS!

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rush sounds like he thinks the establishment and trump have signed some secret deal and now Cruz is the only pure conservative. He also said that attacking Cruz for his (legitamate) flaws is only making the base angry at Trump because it sounds like an attack "from the left".

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
wait is it true that castro sent all the criminals to Florida?

if so LMAO

florida makes sense now

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde

Xenophon posted:

I have to think that you can take out the DVD, but you'll always be left with TheJEBStory.com

...in which case we could get some great pictures of people popping in other movies and retelling TheJEBStory their own way

e: or maybe not, the message in the mail certainly doesn't read like you can. lol at including a charger though, I JUST CAN'T STOP WATCHING THIS!

TheJEBStory playing swap.avi on a loop, forever.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

tumblr hype man posted:

i love your name

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo these DVD players. What a colossal waste of plastic and circuitry.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Joementum posted:

Painfully Miami.

I work in Miami and occasionally see "Florida is Marco Rubio Country" banners. I've passed by a Jeb! headquarters in Little Havana. It's an empty office with Jeb! fliers all over the walls and windows. Across the street was an empty lot with chain link fence with a Jeb! banner hanging from it.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
In trying to find out if they even are DVD players or if they're some other video delivery device I learned that Jeb Bush Right to Rise paid to send those overnight by Fedex to the recipients

literally just burning piles of money

Xenophon fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 18, 2016

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

tumblr hype man posted:

and when society collapses they'll be a one of a future society's few glimpses into our dark time

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Every Goodwill in NH is going to have at least 5 of those JebPads sitting on the shelves within like a month.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

You know your school's poo poo when Trump of all people has to dumb down his stump speech there.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Somehow more wasteful than when George W. shipped pallets of cash to Iraq and lost track of them.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Xenophon posted:

In trying to find out if they even are DVD players or if they're some other video delivery device I learned that [strikethrough]Jeb Bush[/strikethrough] Right to Rise paid to send those overnight by Fedex to the recipients

literally just burning piles of money

There is a story there; figure out who got the contract to provide those things

Dollars to donuts it was somebody in the PAC's kid

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Hello Jeb supporter,

Enclosed please find a Phoenix Touch Pro UV DLP Resin Based SLA 3D Printer. With it you can 3D print a small turtle. Any other 3D models have been disabled for this device, but it comes with an A/C power cord so you can print turtles for all your Jeb-voting friends, until the device runs out of resin.

Onward,

Right to Rise PAC

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Subvisual Haze posted:

The most fascinating thing I've found about evangelicals and fundamentalists is that despite believing that the Holy Bible is the literal inerrant word of the almighty God, and that it alone holds the answers to every problem and moral quandary in their life, most of these types know jack poo poo about the Bible and spend almost no time actually studying it. They may have studied a couple verses verbatim, but that's usually about it.

So, it's kind of hard to say how much Biblical illiteracy will actually hurt Trump with the Bible infallible crowd.

Everyone worships their own personal god. Scripture exists to be mined for ideas for building your own god. To maintain the illusion of a single objective god, fundamentalists cut off access to all ideas to ensure nothing can be built.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ltthompso/status/689169242533396481

not a DVD player

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

There is a story there; figure out who got the contract to provide those things

Dollars to donuts it was somebody in the PAC's kid

Still doesn't explain the overnight. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they mailed it standard and labeled it "OVERNIGHT" on the package to make it seem important.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Wait LCD video mailers are a thing now? This country has too much money

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Dahbadu posted:

What's the context? This is interesting.

Rush was running down all of Trump's 'liberal' past and carrying a lot of water for Cruz. He had a caller run through all of Ted's anti-Trump talking points without interrupting him.

Next segment he talks about Trump's support - Says they are patriots/American first types and not conservatives, and that Ted is both a Conservative and a Patriot, but the voters have to make up their mind who they would rather have in office.

Now he's talking about Trump's DEUS VULT! moment at Liberty U... He's thinking this is a BIG moment for Trump that will cause a huge shitstorm.

E:

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/689167949010219009

Montasque fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 18, 2016

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Just a standard LCD video mailer, NBD, frankly I'm kind of sick of how many LCD video mailers I have to throw out each week.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Wait did Trump say "deus vult?"

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Montasque posted:

Rush was running down all of Trump's 'liberal' past and carrying a lot of water for Cruz. He had a caller run through all of Ted's anti-Trump talking points without interrupting him.
i remember a few months ago after one of these gaffes or another you were saying that the talk radio guys were making a coordinated effort to dump trump and move on to cruz, i think it was

i feel like in the next few days you were relaying that the callers weren't buying it and eventually the talk radio guys gave up and got back behind trump

do you think the same thing's gonna happen now? if not, is some segment of their caller base now willing to go with the flip-flop on trump, or do the radio guys just not think they can sell as much stupid poo poo if their fanbase starts cutting out the middleman and voting for politicians who don't even need movement conservatism to sell stupid poo poo?

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

I know but it bugs you, doesn't it? Like, it makes you mad? You seem mad.

The steakman never forgets a slight.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Great for when you want to watch your favorite Jeb doc, but don't have access to your regular TV or computer or tablet or phone.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

oystertoadfish posted:

i remember a few months ago after one of these gaffes or another you were saying that the talk radio guys were making a coordinated effort to dump trump and move on to cruz, i think it was

i feel like in the next few days you were relaying that the callers weren't buying it and eventually the talk radio guys gave up and got back behind trump

do you think the same thing's gonna happen now? if not, is some segment of their caller base now willing to go with the flip-flop on trump, or do the radio guys just not think they can sell as much stupid poo poo if their fanbase starts cutting out the middleman and voting for politicians who don't even need movement conservatism to sell stupid poo poo?

Depends - We are two weeks out from Iowa right now, so things are a bit different.

The base is currently split between Trump/Cruz, if Trump can turn this moment at Liberty U into a big deal then he'll most likely have them eating out of the palm of his hand again.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Wait LCD video mailers are a thing now? This country has too much money

Looking at prices online, it seems you can get cheap Chinese-made ones for under $20. Some reporters are also saying that it might not be to every Republican, just donors and core supporters, though I don't know which side is correct there.

Probably what you said - a bunch of grifting in terms of the production of the video itself, the case, etc., and then you overnight Fedex it to some rich guy to make him feel like he's important and hopefully he throws some more money your way. So, not as stupid as it sounded at first. But still not smart.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Aliquid posted:

I would ebay the hell out of these things.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Xenophon posted:

Looking at prices online, it seems you can get cheap Chinese-made ones for under $20. Some reporters are also saying that it might not be to every Republican, just donors and core supporters, though I don't know which side is correct there.

Probably what you said - a bunch of grifting in terms of the production of the video itself, the case, etc., and then you overnight Fedex it to some rich guy to make him feel like he's important and hopefully he throws some more money your way. So, not as stupid as it sounded at first. But still not smart.

quote:

Bloomberg is reporting that the city of Dallas is sending 400 iPhones to CEOs across the country in an effort to get them to relocate their businesses to Dallas. The Dallas Regional Chamber is footing the $250,000 bill for the scheme. Says Bloomberg, “Each phone contains an application with customized information about the city and messages from Leppert and other CEOs. The phone also comes with contact numbers and links to a Web site with additional information. … The city plans to follow up delivery of the phones with calls and emails from the mayor and others.”

Try harder Jeb!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Joementum posted:

Somehow more wasteful than when George W. shipped pallets of cash to Iraq and lost track of them.

:eyepop:

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Brannock posted:

Holy poo poo these DVD players. What a colossal waste of plastic and circuitry.
Undoubtedly made in the USA. :rolleyes:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Oiled and Ready posted:

Jewel Rep: are you drunk? You are aware of Trump and his relationship with stumping, especially when it comes to "did he act too aggressively", correct?

I meant he could be stumped by Cruz stealing his strategy, not by his strategy backfiring.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/ThisWeekABC/status/689165531857989632

This is a fight I want to see

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Chris Christie starts, finishes beef

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Zelder posted:

Chris Christie starts, finishes beef

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Winkie01 posted:

This is a fight I want to see

I loved it when Michelle gave that speech where she said people should drink more water because I immediately knew what the right wing reaction would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Someone rip open one of those video mailers and find a way to flash Newman going "nuh-uh-uh, you didn't say the magic word" to loop forever and mail it to either Jeb! or the oregon assholes

• Locked thread