Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

BlitzBlast posted:

Possibly! Tamiya needs at least two days of curing time to be safe. I doubt that's your problem as much as the simple fact that acrylics are just... really flimsy. There is a very good reason people recommend you prime.

You are most likely correct. I primed with Mr. Surfacer 1000 but I've started building an M1 Astray, I'll prime with surfacer EVO white. I'm going to try adding pearl powder to the solvent mix and see if it looks pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Bimmi posted:

Just a heads up: you've got a pretty rare kit there, with no plastic counterpart, and could probably flip it on eBay for a couple hundred bucks if you're so inclined.

Seriously? I am actually very inclined, unless anyone here wants to trade something cool for it.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Third-party Sentinel kits have always been scarce as hell, so yes.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

MG Freedom 2.0 is looking pretty great, but I'm really not sure what possessed them to redesign the beam rifle so much.

Meanwhile the railguns in the bottom right seem to have a bunch of flip-open gimmicks now, presumably for cooling. It looks okay, I guess?

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 22, 2016

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
The rifle was always my least favorite thing about the Freedom so I'm okay with that aspect of it.

The redesign in general is certainly, ah, baroque however. I get that they want to differentiate the two versions, but dayum.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Huh, I know I'm pretty historically bad with noticing proportion differences, but I had to look up a side by side to see the differences. They are pretty noticeable now that I look though, and yeah, that rifle is... Really bad.

I kinda have wanted a Freedom for a while though, so maybe I'll get that. Unless there was a super stylized metal build version like the metal build destiny that I should wait for a 3p version of instead.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Huh, I know I'm pretty historically bad with noticing proportion differences, but I had to look up a side by side to see the differences. They are pretty noticeable now that I look though, and yeah, that rifle is... Really bad.

I kinda have wanted a Freedom for a while though, so maybe I'll get that. Unless there was a super stylized metal build version like the metal build destiny that I should wait for a 3p version of instead.

There is a metal build Freedom.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, I actually got curious and looked it up, and I should've known there was, honestly.

It's not drastically stylized like the MB Destiny was though, seems a lot more vanilla, so I'll probably grab the 2.0 at some point. Thanks, Bandai?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Bimmi posted:

The redesign in general is certainly, ah, baroque however. I get that they want to differentiate the two versions, but dayum.

It's honestly about the level of all the other MG vRMs. Whoever did the lineart for those was given a lot of, no pun intended, freedom.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

not so much a Gunpla question, but has anybody had experience with buying garage kits from WonFes? i assume the easiest way is to use a proxy service to go buy it, but does anybody have recommendations or other avenues i can look down?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
More info on the new IBO machines:

* McGillis's new ride is called the 'Grimgerde', and they're specifying that the new kit is for his machine specifically, which implies that either another major character will be getting one or he's got the prototype of a new mass-produced design.

* We have detailed pictures of the suits flying with Gaelio and Ein in the new OP. They're fancy, souped-up Grazes - bodyguard units for the Seven Stars?

* The Gusion Rebake (no, really, that's what it's called) is really doubling down on its similarities to the Hyakuri - it has folding sub-arms hidden in the thruster pods that used to be its feet. Holy poo poo look at this picture.

* What the gently caress is the Barbatos's sixth form carrying?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The color of the new graze doesn't look right. Might be because it's a photo of a magazine page though.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Droyer posted:

The color of the new graze doesn't look right. Might be because it's a photo of a magazine page though.

Yeah, I think it's just the lighting. It's close enough to this to be the same machine. The lack of red bits can probably be explained by this one not having its stickers on, since the yellow Graze monoeye isn't visible either.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Looks like a sledgehammer that folds out in some manner. That new form's designed for atmospheric flight too, at a guess.

On a general note, I think they've overused the drat Graze design kit-wise. We're up to, what, Graze variant number 4 or 5 now including the scarlet one in the OP?

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 22, 2016

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Neddy Seagoon posted:

On a general note, I think they've overused the drat Graze design kit-wise. We're up to, what, Graze variant number 4 or 5 now including the scarlet one in the OP?

You're right. There's only 4 or 5 Grazes, that's nowhere near enough.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's the downside of the inner frame, they want to get their money's worth out of it.

Personally I'm just surprised they didn't lean on the web exclusive button as hard as they could've.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

BlitzBlast posted:

It's the downside of the inner frame, they want to get their money's worth out of it.

It's the upside of the inner frame, you mean. Cause we get so many Grazes

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I enjoy how each revision is bringing the barbatos closer and closer to being Literally A Mortar Headd

e: also that thing on its hip looks dangerously close to a beam rifle of some kind

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 22, 2016

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Looks like a sledgehammer that folds out in some manner. That new form's designed for atmospheric flight too, at a guess.

Seven Grazes so far - the standard Graze, the Ares variant (Coral's machine), McGilis's Schwalbe, Gaelio's Schwalbe, the Kai, the Ryusei-Go (Norba's remodel of the Kai), and this new elite guard version. If the Grimgerde isn't a radical departure, then that gives us a minimum of nine Graze kits (because the way they're calling the upcoming one 'McGillis use' implies there'll be more).

Has any other recent mook-suit design achieved that degree of model presence? The Flag, maybe (I'm not sure whether the Braves, the Enacts, and Mr. Bushido's suits were close enough, model-wise, to count), or something from SEED?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Seven Grazes so far - the standard Graze, the Ares variant (Coral's machine), McGilis's Schwalbe, Gaelio's Schwalbe, the Kai, the Ryusei-Go (Norba's remodel of the Kai), and this new elite guard version. If the Grimgerde isn't a radical departure, then that gives us a minimum of nine Graze kits (because the way they're calling the upcoming one 'McGillis use' implies there'll be more).

Has any other recent mook-suit design achieved that degree of model presence? The Flag, maybe (I'm not sure whether the Braves, the Enacts, and Mr. Bushido's suits were close enough, model-wise, to count), or something from SEED?

Not all of those are kits though.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The Graze has a while to go before it beats out the GN-X if we're counting all variants ever.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

mr. stefan posted:

I enjoy how each revision is bringing the barbatos closer and closer to being Literally A Mortar Headd

That sounds like the best thing possible.

Well, aside from maybe a set of tank treads and gun head to slap on the Barbatos to turn it into a Hildolfr.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Droyer posted:

Not all of those are kits though.

Yes, they are. The Ares Graze and Gaelio's Schwalbe are web exclusives arriving in February. Everything else is a standard release that's either been previewed or is already out.

BlitzBlast posted:

The Graze has a while to go before it beats out the GN-X if we're counting all variants ever.

Really? I can only think of three HG kits that thing got - the original, and the Federation and A-LAWS versions of the III.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Oh, you meant in model kit form. Yeah, Graze has the most actual kits of variants since the Zaku II.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh, you meant in model kit form. Yeah, Graze has the most actual kits of variants since the Zaku II.

How's the Jegan measure up, kit-wise? It's got a decent number, but I can never figure out how many exclusives it's had.

Lanz
May 30, 2013
I need the Rebake *now*

Lanz
May 30, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

not sure about it folding out; checking the newest episode again, it's the weapon that the Barbatos is wielding alongside the katana around the midpoint or so. Also wonder if it's going to be that color in the released kit, since in the opening it's more of a silver/grey

Guessing it's the next step up from his original Mace.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

DigitalRaven posted:

How's the Jegan measure up, kit-wise? It's got a decent number, but I can never figure out how many exclusives it's had.

P-Bandai kits are kind hard to keep track of.

Let's see...

Jegan
Stark Jegan
ECOAS Jegan
Jegan D type
Jegan A type
Jegan B type
Jegan A2 General Revil colors
RGM-89S Stark Jegan

So, that's eight by my count. Graze is still behind at five released, but it's going to catch up pretty soon.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

P-Bandai kits are kind hard to keep track of.

Let's see...

Jegan
Stark Jegan
ECOAS Jegan
Jegan D type
Jegan A type
Jegan B type
Jegan A2 General Revil colors
RGM-89S Stark Jegan

So, that's eight by my count. Graze is still behind at five released, but it's going to catch up pretty soon.

Also, all the Grazes so far have been from one TV series. Wait until the MSVs get released, or there's a second show in the IBO setting, or suits from the show feature in a Build Fighters sequel, or... :getin:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
My brain can't even process what's going on with these back cannons, I mean what the exact gently caress:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Bimmi posted:

My brain can't even process what's going on with these back cannons, I mean what the exact gently caress:

The things near the base open up a bit

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
So what's that winged suppository jammed into the muzzle, then?

See, that's what I meant, it's not just a liberal reinterpretation, it's "let's add all kinds of extraneous crap that's not even hinted at in the original design."

Looks bad.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bimmi posted:

So what's that winged suppository jammed into the muzzle, then?

Expanding heat fins? :shrug:.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Looking at the folded up version, they're probably wing binders.

MG vRM has been jamming in new details all over the SEED designs this entire time, really not sure what's so weird here.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Everything?

I suppose I'll get used to it... maybe... but it's overdone as poo poo, for no good reason.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Again, the MG kits for SEED HD Remaster have been doing this the entire time. Aside from the sweeping proportion changes and new added details throughout the five GAT-X designs,

MG Duel completely redesigned the Assault Shroud's backpack and leg armor,

MG Buster's entire back profile was redone and its main weapons enlarged and enhanced,

MG Blitz saw perhaps the most radical proportion shifts of them all and got a bunch of gimmicks added to its feet,

MG Aegis was practically completely redone into an overall edgier product,

and while the MG Strike vRM itself saw little changes besides proportions, the Aile Striker was radically redone in... a similar fashion to how the Freedom's wings were redone, actually.

If you're surprised, all I can really say is that you must not have been paying much attention to the line.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Show me one revised feature on those kits that is as loving stupid-looking as go-fast Caddy fins on a beam gun and I'll concede your point.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The difference is that all of those new kits look pretty dope and the new Freedom doesn't really because the Freedom was already cool lookin

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
It seriously looks like a nine-year-old got a hold of it. "NEEDS MORE STUFF PEW PEW PEW"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

MG Duel adds these weird... grenades (?) to its backpack for basically zero reason.

MG Buster is mostly free of weird details (beyond its knee armor's ability to flip out and reveal... nothing), but it adds cameras that point out to the side for some inexplicable reason.

Part of the MG Blitz's foot redesign involved turning the spike at the back of the foot into what I assume is supposed to be a claw to help grip the ground, only it doesn't really reach far enough for that and isn't in a particularly good position for it either. It's just kind of there.

MG Aegis's redesigned side skirt armor and overall sharpness turns it into an explosion of edges.

And while MG Strike vRM is again mostly free of strange new additions, the new Aile Strike does incorporate the Perfect Strike. And you gotta admit, it looks pretty dumb. :v: