Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Revitalized posted:

Have there been any relatively recent releases of anything from 08th MS Team?

There was a pretty good HG EZ-8 in '13, which had a Build Fighter version (EZ-SR) a year later.

Nothing more recent that I know of, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I still say it looks like the bastard lovechild of Jehuty and a Cylon. Is it just me, or do those wrist shields look like the spinning-blade ones the FLAG's had in 00? I also agree with whoever brought it up earlier that the Zaku-esque gun does not suit it at all.

They've also pretty much killed off that "mix-and-match parts on a frame" gimmick before it even had a chance, because all they've released since the Barbatos and Graze are either more Graze's with slightly-different parts in different colours, or kits that don't have compatible frames. Or one at all.

The Hyakuri and Hyakuen sort of share a frame.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Reds posted:

The Hyakuri and Hyakuen sort of share a frame.

Yeah, that's still a real problem in a kit line with a stated pick-and-mix gimmick if two kits are only compatible with eachother. I get that it's not gonna be universal across the board, but it's nowhere near what it should've been.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
The Barbatos 6th form is using the shoulders and possibly other parts from that as-yet-unnamed new Graze variant.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bimmi posted:

The Barbatos 6th form is using the shoulders and possibly other parts from that as-yet-unnamed new Graze variant.

It's also an entirely separate kit because of said drastic changes.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I don't think "build your own variant' was ever promised as such.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Considering like half the line is Grazes or Graze variants, I think you can make a pretty good argument that you can build your own kit.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Just so. It's all standardized PCs nowadays anyway, yes?

I think all that was ever officially said was that Barbatos would change form over time using parts from defeated enemies, and that all the Gundams shared a common frame. They've pretty much stuck to that.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jan 25, 2016

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Speaking of the Graze, I opened mine up earlier today and was surprised at what I saw. The parts are so tiny and delicate, not at all what I usually think of when I think of HG. It actually hit me in the emotional center that great design always does, which is kind of silly but still pretty cool.

I was skeptical of IBO at first, but as it is I think it's my favorite MS and kit lineup of any non-UC show. If they'd had more on Saturday I would have bought them.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I've worked with a couple of the kits through assisting other club members, and overall I've been extremely impressed. The worst I can say about them is that they're... a little more rounded than I would have expected, I guess? That's pretty standard for HG though.

Haven't seen any of the HG 1/100s yet though, but a club member intends to get a 1/100 Graze so that'll be cool.

Incidentally the 1/100 Kimahris has a gently caress huge lance, and I might get it just for that.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I'm probably going to end up with every single 1/100 IBO before this is through — where the gently caress i'm going to put them I have no idea.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Why not build some of them.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I've got very limited display space. More to the point, I really dislike jamming a bunch of models together on a shelf where it's just this big pile of junk. As it is I've only got ten robots officially on display in this whole place, and there's not really room for more. And yet the kits keep piling up. Sick, I know.

e: like, this is the most I've ever got displayed in any given space here, and I'm trying to keep it that way:

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jan 25, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

Considering like half the line is Grazes or Graze variants, I think you can make a pretty good argument that you can build your own kit.

That's the other half of the problem though; All you're getting are a half-dozen different shoulder and head variations. They needed to spice it up with a Heavy Weapons Graze or something.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jan 25, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Bimmi posted:

More to the point, I really dislike jamming a bunch of models together on a shelf where it's just this big pile of junk.

Tamashii Combination Bases help a lot with this in my opinion. They should be the right scale for HG IBO too.

By the way, pretending RD Late UC is 1/100 never stops being funny.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Yeah, it's a little better when grouped models are thematically related... I might just stick to 1/144 for IBO at that. Still, I'm gonna need to think about possibly adding some shelves here in the coming year.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's the other half of the problem though; All you're getting are a half-dozen different shoulder and head variations. They needed to spice it up with a Heavy Weapons Graze or something.

One of the add on kits they have includes a bunch of weapons and boosters that you can use to make a Heavy Weapons Graze. I did it with the Graze Kai and I think it looks pretty cool.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Out of curiosity I was browsing e2046's big sale...

http://www.e2046.com/product/17385

IT'S AN ARIES KIT, HOLY poo poo

resin, no instructions

I pulled the trigger on it. Time to sand over the sink for a few days, and to do a fuckton o' masking, and to deal with CA glue, but holy poo poo, an Aries

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

MJP posted:

Out of curiosity I was browsing e2046's big sale...

http://www.e2046.com/product/17385

IT'S AN ARIES KIT, HOLY poo poo

resin, no instructions

I pulled the trigger on it. Time to sand over the sink for a few days, and to do a fuckton o' masking, and to deal with CA glue, but holy poo poo, an Aries

you mother fucker.

I have like a dozen kits in my backlog. I am trying to save money for my trip next month. You point me to this sale. I find this:
http://www.e2046.com/product/19426

A 26 cm mazinkaiser? With that cool as gently caress display base? It has two swords? I can't resist.

God dammnit.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Upcoming Thunderbolt line confirmed to be new kits rather than rereleases.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

i don't think we're looking at the same model kits, darth walrus

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

muike posted:

i don't think we're looking at the same model kits, darth walrus

Look at the anime version's double-barrelled gun in the side-by-side comparison - it's a different shape and colour from the old manga version's. That suggests there'll be a couple more tweaks than just a reprint.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Zaku II comparison makes it a lot more obvious: http://gundamguy.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/hg-1144-zaku-big-gun-gundam-thunderbolt.html

Manga version is the old kit, anime version the new one.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Darth Walrus posted:

Look at the anime version's double-barrelled gun in the side-by-side comparison - it's a different shape and colour from the old manga version's. That suggests there'll be a couple more tweaks than just a reprint.

They tweaked the colors, but it looks like that's it.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Have they announced the thunderbolt MGs yet? I saw a promo standee for them but it didn't indicate which. I guess it'd pretty much have to be the Gundam, and potentially the GM and/or Zaku?

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Monaghan posted:

you mother fucker.

Oh I'm even worse - I only linked that after I got my order confirmation, so it's minus one stock.

If it helps, this is babby's first resin kit.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Monaghan posted:

you mother fucker.

Boy, I feel bad for you guys. Thankfully there's nothing there that could possibly cause me to break dow--

Oh God loving drat it!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Boy, I feel bad for you guys. Thankfully there's nothing there that could possibly cause me to break dow--

Oh God loving drat it!

Anything that is listed as a preorder can have some long delays. They wait until they have enough to make a run worthwhile. I've been waiting a year for the G-Bit CONVERSION parts for the HGAW GX.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
I'm not sure I've ever seen an attempt to make a suit skinnier and more elongated ever not look weird or goofy.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Welp, Daban got to releasing the details of their PG FA Weapon set, gonna be USD$20, pending release in Feb to March, 2016. :frogsiren:

Edit: Link taken out, too stuck in the "HOLY poo poo WIDELY AVAILABLE FA WEAPON SET" to notice the rest of the page. Samueldecal has the info.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 26, 2016

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Reds posted:

I'm not sure I've ever seen an attempt to make a suit skinnier and more elongated ever not look weird or goofy.

plz don't kinkshame.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Bimmi posted:

plz don't kinkshame.

If the midriff was shorter, I would think that'd be a mighty fine looking robit.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Well, it finally happened — I was drunkposing my Gundam 3.0 a while back (note: never do this) and it took a dive, at which point the V-fin flew off and disappeared from the space-time continuum. I've been turning this place upside down and it is just GONE. Like it never existed.

Some day, long after I have departed this mortal coil, whoever's living in this place will hear a faint, almost imperceptible 'plink,' turn around and find it sitting right there on the floor behind them. I'm pretty sure that's how these things work.

(so, that'll be fifty bucks + change to replace one stinkin' part, GOD I LOVE THIS HOBBY)

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 26, 2016

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Did you check your clothes. Also, hair.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Put a GM head on it and call it a day.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

Put a GM head on it and call it a day.

Every gundam is better with GM head. It is known.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Having some major issues wtih waterslides:

1. The drat things take forever to get wet. All of the instructions I've said say it should take a minute or less, but it's taking the larger ones about 3 minutes just to get 1/4th wet.

2. No matter what, the things will never, ever slide off. The back never gets fully transparent and has a few unwet splotches here and there, no matter how long I soak them for.

Did I get a dud sheet?

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Lo, I have willed the V-fin back into existence.

Well, actually I dug through the trash, which thanks to the fact that I have no room here sits about four feet from the main display shelves and, evidently, had its top off while I was loving with the robot. The part was at the very bottom, beneath a heap of rotten bananas, moldy onion skins, and week-old chicken bones.

I am relieved. Also disgusted. I'm going to put my Gundam back together and then go wash my hands for about 20 minutes.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Don't drink and gunpla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Words to live by.