Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Anonymous Robot posted:

Put a GM head on it and call it a day.

chiasaur11 posted:

Every gundam is better with GM head. It is known.

I'm glad the people in this thread recognise the inherent aesthetic superiority of GM heads.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jan 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
You know what they call a Gundam with a GM head?

A GM.

But I'll let this transgression pass since I am in a good mood.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Bimmi posted:

A GM.

Exactly. Grunt suit supremacy.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Exactly. Grunt suit supremacy.

You know what won the one year war? That's right.

The RB-79. It was cheap, easily mass produced, and could trade lives with the Zaku II at a net profit for the Federation, slowly bleeding Zeon dry.

But the GM was good too.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Bimmi posted:

A GM.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
The V-fin's mostly for show on that unit anyway.

But yeah, grunts are cool, and underappreciated. The RE/100 line could be all grunts, all the time and that would be perfectly fine by me.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
It turns out the "waterslides" I was bitching about earlier were actually regular stickers that looked like waterslides at first glance. :suicide:

At least I managed to salvage three of the decals I wanted the most.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
We've all learned something today, I think.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Ordered a MG V2 WoL in a gamble that Bandai will someday release a MG Second V.

Come on Bandai, you even said you were going to dip more into P-Bandai this year, don't fail me now!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

closeted republican posted:

It turns out the "waterslides" I was bitching about earlier were actually regular stickers that looked like waterslides at first glance. :suicide:

If you're ever not sure, clip out the copyright notice, Bandai logo, or other non-decal marking on the sheet. It will behave like any other decal if it's a waterslide and slip off the backing in 30 seconds. If nothing happens after a minute then you probably have something else, as you discovered.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

closeted republican posted:

gunpla stickers should be in the trash, where they belong :colbert:.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
These photos are an experiment I did but never got around to posting. The metal parts are Vallejo Metal Color steel, the head and shin guards are airbrushed and handbrushed nail polish respectively, but the rest is Mr. Metal Color. The torso is Ruby Red, the rest is Tourmaline Green.

I need to find a reason to do a fully chromatic anything - this was a testbed for nail polish as a possible candy metallic or chromatic option for the dream Qubeley Papillon I'm working on, but this looks like it's in freaking Phase Shift mode in person.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/ZMD11S/status/691147858574069760

Gunpla is... Freedom?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Too much freedom. WAY too much freedom...

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

gently caress it, why not.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Midjack posted:

gently caress it, why not.

That's the idea yes

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I need to see the movie upgrade of that Tengundam

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

looks painful

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

Too much freedom. WAY too much freedom...

That's not too much freedom

https://twitter.com/DEZER__/status/691268992065900544

This is too much Freedom.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
speaking of sea creatures, I got ebikawa's art book. it's very good and i wish i could read the text

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Monaghan posted:

gunpla stickers should be in the trash, where they belong :colbert:.

Hey man, I was expecting waterslides from the start, not stickers. :mad:

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
If I was going to get a MG Sinanju, should I get the ver ka or the recent release?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the non ver ka one probably

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yawgmoft posted:

If I was going to get a MG Sinanju, should I get the ver ka or the recent release?

The newer one (not Ka) has the bazooka included. If you want the ver Ka decals you can get them third-party or find one of the Bandai waterslide sheets. The plastic is identical, if I remember correctly.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
There's something going on with the waist peg that makes it less likely to break too iirc

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Midjack posted:

The newer one (not Ka) has the bazooka included. If you want the ver Ka decals you can get them third-party or find one of the Bandai waterslide sheets. The plastic is identical, if I remember correctly.

Isn't it a slightly different shade of red?

Also the newer one has emotion manipulator hands i think, which i know some people hate

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Droyer posted:

Isn't it a slightly different shade of red?

Also the newer one has emotion manipulator hands i think, which i know some people hate

Sazabi has the Emotion Manipulators, Sinanju is just MG hands. Plastic color isn't too different on Dalong either; both mine are buried too deep in the stacks to get at them easily to see for myself.

muike posted:

There's something going on with the waist peg that makes it less likely to break too iirc

And yeah, Dalong says they used different plastic on the peg and hands.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Sinanju vOVA exists because people complained about the plastic used in the vKa's inner frame.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Get the newer Sinanju. Why would anyone ever want katokian decals.

It took me a bit to realize what this was. Well the parts were washed beforehand.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

MJP posted:

These photos are an experiment I did but never got around to posting. The metal parts are Vallejo Metal Color steel, the head and shin guards are airbrushed and handbrushed nail polish respectively, but the rest is Mr. Metal Color. The torso is Ruby Red, the rest is Tourmaline Green.

I need to find a reason to do a fully chromatic anything - this was a testbed for nail polish as a possible candy metallic or chromatic option for the dream Qubeley Papillon I'm working on, but this looks like it's in freaking Phase Shift mode in person.

If it's the quebeley Papillon, would you consider trying some of alclad's candy enamels? They have teals and hot pinks that have me curious on using; besides that I would have to port the Revive Qubeley to work with the Papillon's outer shells.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Ka0 posted:

Get the newer Sinanju. Why would anyone ever want katokian decals.

I know I'm a minority here but I love ka decals. Of course I say that with no finished Gundam models having gotten back into it a year ago because the three I have built are in various stages of not being stickered but...

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Why did they never release a master grade Jesta Cannon :(

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Revitalized posted:

Why did they never release a master grade Jesta Cannon :(

They did.

It's P-Bandai

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yawgmoft posted:

I know I'm a minority here but I love ka decals. Of course I say that with no finished Gundam models having gotten back into it a year ago because the three I have built are in various stages of not being stickered but...

:respek:

People who don't like katokian decals are people I am wary about having near kids, small animals, or expensive japanese plastic robots.

Though, you won't see me put stickers on my kits. Not anymore. Looking at my PGs is painful now. :negative:

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 27, 2016

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I never use stickers, I just use the necessary decals. If I'm building an A-10 warthog you bet your rear end I'm going to try and be as accurate as possible. But when it comes to fantasy robots, I do not see the need of putting a million DANGER signs on every knuckle on each hand plus random racing stripes that serve 0 purpose.

On that account I applaud folks who make personalized decals for their models, anything that adds to the character of the final piece.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I appreciate the katoki decals, because he gives you the choice. If you want to use less than he gives you(which all I do all the time) fine. It's better than having kits that have like 4 decals tops.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Monaghan posted:

I appreciate the katoki decals, because he gives you the choice. If you want to use less than he gives you(which all I do all the time) fine. It's better than having kits that have like 4 decals tops.

Yup, and now you have extras for the kits that only give you 4! :cheerdoge:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Hey, remember how some folks in this thread were grumbling about the lack of part interchangeability in IBO kits? Looks like the 1/100 Gusion might have a little surprise for you. :stare:

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Ka0 posted:

If it's the quebeley Papillon, would you consider trying some of alclad's candy enamels? They have teals and hot pinks that have me curious on using; besides that I would have to port the Revive Qubeley to work with the Papillon's outer shells.

They don't have teal, but I'm using the candy violet for the torso and other purple parts. Believe me, if Alclad's candy enamels could get close enough to Papillon turquoise/teal, I'd have used them long ago.

I've sunk around $40 into different nail polishes and have some auto paint waiting for me at an art supply store nearby, which might get close to a candy finish.

Meanwhile I just scored the 1/100 Barbatos, P-Bandai MG Mega Bazooka Launcher for the Hyaku Shiki 2.0, and P-Bandai MG Heavy Gundam for $160 shipped. Just arrived yesterday. $26-ish shipping.

Bargain of the freakin' century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Remember the 1/100 Ex-S Deep Striker ACES has been going nuts over?

It has a very big gun.