Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Droyer posted:

Bartender gets really deep into cocktails and bartending

Does it really? I always assumed it was more about the bartender listening to folks problems and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Does it really? I always assumed it was more about the bartender listening to folks problems and such.

it is but it's also goes into the history of cocktails and how this particular cocktail is a metaphor for the problem this chapter's guest is having.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Droyer posted:

it is but it's also goes into the history of cocktails and how this particular cocktail is a metaphor for the problem this chapter's guest is having.

That sounds like exactly my jam. Adding it to the list.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Davincie posted:

nothing to steal

:eyepop:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is there a Fugashi recipe in English? From the way they described it, it shouldn't be too hard to make at home

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

boom boom boom posted:

Is there a Fugashi recipe in English? From the way they described it, it shouldn't be too hard to make at home

https://eatingrules.com/how-to-make-seitan/

then put brown sugar on it.

EDIT: Actually, you have to bake it in the oven to dry it out too.

EDIT2: If Divine Gate's stupidity is intentional, it's a brilliant parody. Unfortunately, there's no chance of that.

Kytrarewn fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 29, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Divine gate is the best comedy of the season.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Today on PSO2 they talked about meeting irl, fan festivals, and heavily teased a LIVING IN THE DATABASE WOW WOW moment which ended up being just a guy having an embarrassing problem. Then at the end it looked like maybe the database is leaking into the real world?

gently caress it. I'm in. They seem to know what they're doing based on the teaser. Just hope its less game and more MC teaching the Pres about the value of nakama or whatever when he is the newbie and she is the veteran gamer.

e: Also monomates are laxatives in liquid form apparently.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 30, 2016

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Previously on Utawarerumono: Pretty horrible war, but interesting stuff.

This week on Utawarerumono: :lsd:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

nielsm posted:

Previously on Utawarerumono: Pretty horrible war, but interesting stuff.

This week on Utawarerumono: :lsd:
The franchise is a lot better when they don't try to work in the CG RTS battles, now they just need to give Touka and Kurara more than just the one episode appearance.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
In 'general anime culture' stuff, ANN's Hope 'JesuOtaku' Chapman has announced that he is, in fact, Jacob Chapman, after discovering that he was transgender sometime last year. Wishing him all the best.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I welcome him to the coalition of men with painfully common names.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I've said it before, but I really like the characters in Bubuki Buranki.

It's a cool show.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I don't give a gently caress

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Namtab posted:

I don't give a gently caress

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
That episode of Garo was easily the worst episode out of both seasons.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
It's interesting that both Osomatsu-san and Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R featured the loanword "lotion" this week, with (hopefully) very different meanings.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 31, 2016

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

idgi

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I believe Jacob is also a goon, unless I'm thinking of another ANN writer

kind of not relevant to the thread though

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Eh, the season threads are where we talk about general anime news, and like its articles or not, ANN (which Chapman's one of the most senior and visible writers for/staff members of) is one of the biggest and most influential sites in the English-speaking anime fandom. Plus, it's always nice to hear about good things happening to people, and becoming comfortable enough to publicly reveal you're transgender is a pretty good thing to happen.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It's good that the dude is comfortable being trans and is announcing that to his readers, but it's pretty weird to run into a random, unrelated thread on a different website, ringing an old-timey bell, yelling "extree extree read all about it, person you've never heard of is a trans man! here ye here ye, Internet stranger is a dude, used to be a lady!"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ANN Human Interest ftw.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For the uninitiated: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717344

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

It's good that the dude is comfortable being trans and is announcing that to his readers, but it's pretty weird to run into a random, unrelated thread on a different website, ringing an old-timey bell, yelling "extree extree read all about it, person you've never heard of is a trans man! here ye here ye, Internet stranger is a dude, used to be a lady!"

Sorry, just thought this sort of thing was on-topic for this thread, for the reasons I mentioned above - we often link to articles about people associated with the industry and fandom, as I recall (like 'X VA/director has been admitted to hospital', or 'Y critic had this to say about a show or genre'). Apologies if it seemed a little weird.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

:eyepop: I can't believe I missed that thread

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
Well, I've had enough of Bubuki Buranki, I'm dropping it. I'm not enjoying it at all. The action and animation also continues to suck. The choreography is non-existent. I could put up with mediocre animation if they could at least string a decent fight together, but I don't think I could even call that a fight.

Reds fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jan 31, 2016

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

A worthy goldmine. Up there with Your Console Ducks.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I've said it before, but I really like the characters in Bubuki Buranki.

It's a cool show.

tell me more about this show where the women have hands that could crush my skull

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Blockhouse posted:

no thread that i post in is safe from being irrelevant

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pandaK posted:

tell me more about this show where the women have hands that could crush my skull

wasn't there a recent anime or anime game that featured a woman with those same lily patterned hair ornaments?

pandaK posted:

no thread that i post in is safe from being irrelevant

oh lol woops, I thought this was the chat thread

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I made a Haruchika thread. Credit to Gyra Solune for the name technically.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

pandaK posted:

It's a cool super robot show that's entirely in CGI and has cool characters.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Sorry, just thought this sort of thing was on-topic for this thread, for the reasons I mentioned above - we often link to articles about people associated with the industry and fandom, as I recall (like 'X VA/director has been admitted to hospital', or 'Y critic had this to say about a show or genre'). Apologies if it seemed a little weird.

Ann is in no way an "official" anime thing, it's the same as if you told me that a Japanese anime blogger is trans. Good for them I guess, but who cares?

News about vas and directors is good because they make the stuff, news about gaijin critics is right at the bottom of tertiary news.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

S K U L L H E L L

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
IBO was really good this week.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I was not a fan of this week's Dimension W episode. :|

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
This Grimmgar conversation is a wonderful example of "sometimes it's better to just leave honorifics as they are".

• Locked thread