Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i could never wear contacts because loving around with eyes is body horror as gently caress to me, possibly due to that one trope where a villain with claws has the hero up against the wall and puts one of the claws near the hero's eye and there's a big zoom-in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im not sure if that's a trope i just have a really vivid memory of a shot like that in some show

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

pandaK posted:

of course, I'd go back to get a new set every 1.5 years or so, or whenever they said they'd start to expire.

I'm apparently way behind on eyeball tech.
http://www.allaboutvision.com/contacts/orthok.htm

Did they work? At least up 'til now with new(?) discomfort?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Contacts are epic and good for sports

until sweat drips into your eye

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

funny story, i've been watching shirobako all day

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

i could never wear contacts because loving around with eyes is body horror as gently caress to me, possibly due to that one trope where a villain with claws has the hero up against the wall and puts one of the claws near the hero's eye and there's a big zoom-in

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Endorph posted:

body horror is one of my favorite tropes, but that is neither here nor there.

renewing the contacts every year costs like $400 when I could just buy a pair of glasses for a little less than that and have them last a lot longer, switching back starting to look increasingly attractive

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Contacts are great.

Really i should just go get my eyeballs lasered and call it good.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

same. also the fact that i cried uncontrollably for the few hours i tried contacts

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it can't wear contacts because it takes me like 10 minutes to get them in and then it feels awful, i can't deal with touching my eyes

i like glasses anyway

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

yeah gently caress eyeballs!!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

I don't know about that stuff, but I just don't want to touch my eyeballs

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

replace my eyeballs with cameras so i don't have to worry about them anymore

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

i'm gonna touch my eyeball right now, for no good reason.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

a kitten posted:

my eyes are watering up really bad I hope you're happy

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I got over touching my eyeball right away. The first few times were hell though

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

a kitten posted:

I'm apparently way behind on eyeball tech.
http://www.allaboutvision.com/contacts/orthok.htm

Did they work? At least up 'til now with new(?) discomfort?

they work well, I have perfect 20/20 vision during the day, and even now a day after I can still distinguish things if I focus a bit so it takes a few days for the cornea to return to its normal state.

The thing is, I'm pretty sure I've had the discomfort for at least the last two years now, even after renewing the lenses. There's hardly any when putting them in, but it's just the general discomfort of feeling like I haven't slept at all when I wake up.

As an aside, having to put in the contacts right before going to sleep has stopped me from experiencing that real good sensation of falling immediately to sleep when you're tired as gently caress. I also kind of worry that since there hasn't been enough history with these lenses what the long term consequences are for using them, because literally molding your cornea day in day out can't possibly be a good idea for the far future.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

El Burbo posted:

MGR: Haha check out this guy, he's looking at anime magazines, what a nerd

Me: Ah yes that's Yaegashi Nan's art, the character artist for the Senran Kagura series

He's a cool dude. He didn't go to art school or anything; He had a little work as a sprite artist, got dragged by some friends into making a doujinshi game so they could skip the lines into comiket, which lead him into doing illustration work with things like Photoshop. He improved his work as a freelancer, and basically got noticed for his work in Half-Minute Hero.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

pandaK posted:

As an aside, having to put in the contacts right before going to sleep has stopped me from experiencing that real good sensation of falling immediately to sleep when you're tired as gently caress.

??? the what now???

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

a kitten posted:

please...

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dryzen posted:

yeah gently caress eyeballs!!!

very well

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

falling asleep... immediately?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

it can't wear contacts because it takes me like 10 minutes to get them in and then it feels awful, i can't deal with touching my eyes

i like glasses anyway

:same:

I keep some around because it's nice if I want to be out on the lake and wear sunglasses but other than that, glasses all the way.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

pandaK posted:

they work well, I have perfect 20/20 vision during the day, and even now a day after I can still distinguish things if I focus a bit so it takes a few days for the cornea to return to its normal state.

The thing is, I'm pretty sure I've had the discomfort for at least the last two years now, even after renewing the lenses. There's hardly any when putting them in, but it's just the general discomfort of feeling like I haven't slept at all when I wake up.

As an aside, having to put in the contacts right before going to sleep has stopped me from experiencing that real good sensation of falling immediately to sleep when you're tired as gently caress. I also kind of worry that since there hasn't been enough history with these lenses what the long term consequences are for using them, because literally molding your cornea day in day out can't possibly be a good idea for the far future.

Huh, nea. It's an interesting technology and i hadn't heard anything about it 'til now. Probably because my nearsighteness is crazy high so they wouldn't work for me anyway. Even if i'd be wary since discomfort in the morning or while sleeping sounds like no fun.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I haven't worn sunglasses in 12 years

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

im not sure if that's a trope i just have a really vivid memory of a shot like that in some show

Ah, Stardust Crusaders.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I would die w/o sunglasses.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

a kitten posted:

I would die w/o sunglasses. At least my glasses have some cool magnetic ones that i can stick on, for the days when i don't feel like putting contacts in.

I wear big plastic frames so this isn't even an option to me. I've committed to this life

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I would die w/o food

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

your edit can't escape me

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the first time I tried putting in the contacts, they slid over onto the side of my eyeball and I panicked for a bit

Dryzen posted:

??? the what now???

you know, like when you get home and you're just hella tired and just almost falling asleep standing, you just want to fall into bed and get that real good feeling of your mind giving in to sweet escape of oblivion.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dryzen posted:

I wear big plastic frames so this isn't even an option to me. I've committed to this life

I edited because i forgot they broke last month :v: Anyway, glare from reflections and whatnot while driving makes me insane and hurts my head so it's polarized sunglasses all the way.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

a kitten posted:

I edited because i forgot they broke last month :v: Anyway, glare from reflexions and whatnot while driving makes me insane adn hurts my head so it's polarized sunglasses all the way.

ah, I've gotten regular polarized lenses since forever so maybe that is why I am not a lifeless husk

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

pandaK posted:

you know, like when you get home and you're just hella tired and just almost falling asleep standing, you just want to fall into bed and get that real good feeling of your mind giving in to sweet escape of oblivion.

no

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
i have some nice prescription oakleys but i can't wear them anymore because i've changed my prescription since then. i'd like new ones but they're expensive.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

El Burbo posted:

very well

no thx

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
It helps to have pulled an all nighter or two, once the adrenaline wears off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
im just not into one-eyed girls, burbo

• Locked thread