Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
... I meant to post this earlier, so here it is (CLICK 4 HUGE)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
So the 1/100 Kimaris Gundam is also listed as "temporary name" meaning it's probably safe to guess it will be another case of the Gusion/Rebake

then again the price isn't as high, so maybe not

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
Uh, correct me if I'm wrong but did recognista get any MGs? I live the designs but all I find are HGs.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Mad Lupine posted:

Uh, correct me if I'm wrong but did recognista get any MGs? I live the designs but all I find are HGs.

it did not. We can only hope it will one day

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mad Lupine posted:

Sorry, HG only. And not even a complete line at that.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
Really disappointing. It bugs me that AGE got so much more attention. I understand why. I just don't like the AGE designs in general.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I am ashamed to say that I passed on several Grimoires at the Bluefin scratch 'n dent sale a couple weeks back.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Mad Lupine posted:

Really disappointing. It bugs me that AGE got so much more attention. I understand why. I just don't like the AGE designs in general.

AGE was meant to be a big seller, G-Reco had reluctant support at best and minimal kits since they clearly didn't expect it to do very well, and had to hurry kits out when it turned out to not flop.

IBO had more support from Bandai before it began than G-Reco did in its entire run.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Mad Lupine posted:

To be fair, AGE had five cancelled MGs. I hardly call that a successful series.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

TaurusOxford posted:

To be fair, AGE had five cancelled MGs. I hardly call that a successful series.

I meant to say 'more attention from Bandai'. Doesn't make me feel better. Wish there was someway to transfer all that effort into atleast a MG G-Self.

Reds posted:

AGE was meant to be a big seller, G-Reco had reluctant support at best and minimal kits since they clearly didn't expect it to do very well, and had to hurry kits out when it turned out to not flop.

IBO had more support from Bandai before it began than G-Reco did in its entire run.

While I'm glad that IBO is getting a lot of support (cause the designs are great), reading this is still sad.

On a lighter note, I think I know which kit is going to be my next build.

http://www.amazon.ca/MSN-06S-Sinanju-Mobile-Gundam-japan/dp/B0037KLPX6/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1454463312&sr=8-11&keywords=mg+sinanju

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
oh yes, let's discuss the AGE disaster, I have so many loving opinions about that.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
BFT had a tremendously successful model line and a huge push behind the series from BF's success, and yet it didn't get any MG support for like a year (and it was only for a single side-character's suit).

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
For dry tip clogging with Tamiya acrylics, I use lacquer thinner, since the paints themselves are lacquer based (with acrylic pigment). I do not recommend ever using IPA or any alcohol with Tamiya as it tends to clot into pigment blobs suspended on binder and solvent.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Broken Loose posted:

BFT had a tremendously successful model line and a huge push behind the series from BF's success, and yet it didn't get any MG support for like a year (and it was only for a single side-character's suit).

That's more because it's Build Fighters and the only MG's were ones with existing kits to alter (plus Amazing Red Warrior was probably a sneaky Perfect Gundam MG to make everyone happy) . HG's were the fundamental drive of the show because they weren't flogging 1/144-scale kits, they were selling 1:1 kits.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Mad Lupine posted:

Well screw you too!

AGE had a loving amazing MSV line and they're never going to get kits ever. Hino!!! :argh:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Do not worry baka gaijin, here, have HG AGE FX.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I really like the AGE-FX, though it's almost (but not quite) the only thing I like from that misbegotten enterprise.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

Well screw you too!

AGE had a loving amazing MSV line and they're never going to get kits ever. Hino!!! :argh:

Look at all of those P-Bandai HG kits that'll never be made. :v:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
and thank god for that.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Where is my HG, Bandai?

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Ka0 posted:

For dry tip clogging with Tamiya acrylics, I use lacquer thinner, since the paints themselves are lacquer based (with acrylic pigment). I do not recommend ever using IPA or any alcohol with Tamiya as it tends to clot into pigment blobs suspended on binder and solvent.

Odd, that never happened to me when I used them on my RX-78-2 3.0.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Broken Loose posted:

BFT had a tremendously successful model line

... not so much 'tremendously' as 'modestly.'

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Yeah I think the only thing that really sold was Build Burning. Since, you know, half the show was the Build Burning doing everything.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Bimmi posted:

Gotta admit, this is the sole thing from IBO that is really not doing it for me on any particular level. It looks like something from the G-Unit reject pile.
I agree, it just makes me think of the G-Lucifer if they'd played it on the safe side of MS design. The G-Lucifer is great. :allears:

BlitzBlast posted:

Well screw you too!
My kingdom for a good kit of that FA Age1 and the original beefcake concept for the AGE3. :swoon:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

this is the only good one.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If you can't appreciate stupid huge weapons, you can just get out. :colbert:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Yeah, that buries almost everything good about the design.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

All of those are amazing, BB, haters vacate. :colbert:

I really need that last one though. That whole design really does it for me.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Cannons that are actually mounted on the shoulder armor — not over the shoulder, mind you, but attached directly to the heavy clumsy fragile poo poo that sits RIGHT ON the shoulder joint... sorry, but that biz is wack.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

That's because the whole thing on the shoulder is a funnel. Er, fannel.

The main gimmick with the A-Fannel equipment, besides getting rid of that awful green everywhere, are the titular A Fannels. There are six spread out across the suit, and they have both a beam torch and a DODS cannon on them. They can either act independently, or connect with the main suit to enhance the power of the torch/cannons.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Nope.

Lanz
May 30, 2013

Bimmi posted:

you get a feel for it eventually.

now trim those tabs.

Progress so far:

still feels like it's getting stuck; goes in further but hesistant to put it back in till flush. I'm trying to figure out how to file away some of the interior of the grip, maybe cut down an emery board or something

Lanz fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 3, 2016

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
You've got a big-rear end nub on the end of that as far as I can tell, but I'm really not sure what i'm looking at.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AGE had some of the best grunt suits of any series. The ratio of heroic suit to grunt awesomeness hasn't happened again, and I love that you can still find most of them for reasonable prices.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Droyer posted:

They did.

It's P-Bandai

I... I... :negative:

They're all $100 on ebay now.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Just wait for Daban to make a third party one.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Revitalized posted:

I... I... :negative:

They're all $100 on ebay now.

try nippon-yasan. it was cheaper there than amazon in any case

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BlitzBlast posted:

If you can't appreciate stupid huge weapons, you can just get out. :colbert:

I like this, how do i buy

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Ka0 posted:

AGE had some of the best grunt suits of any series. The ratio of heroic suit to grunt awesomeness hasn't happened again, and I love that you can still find most of them for reasonable prices.

I get what they were going for here, and I don't dislike it, but it somehow seems very un-Gundam-ish. Something went generally wrong with the look of that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Fauxtool posted:

I like this, how do i buy

Buy the HG AGE-FX and cover it in pla pate until it barely resembles a humanoid form anymore.

If this fails, buy another and repeat the process.