Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoB
May 1, 2009
In case anyone was wondering, if you DNA digivolve, you lose the other digimon entirely. So if you de-digivolve to get ABI, you need to raise a new partner up to 100% CAM to digivolve again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Do all megas have a level cap of 99?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
is there a way to grind CAM that doesn't involve buying a bunch of the good meat

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

mandatory lesbian posted:

is there a way to grind CAM that doesn't involve buying a bunch of the good meat

Fight 100 battles with the digimon in your active battle party.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Nuebot posted:

Do all megas have a level cap of 99?

Level cap increases whenever you evolve or de-evolve, so I've gotten to the point where most of my team will have a cap of 99 at Champion level. Higher forms just naturally have a higher level cap, is all.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Next Order looks like way more of a sell for me than Cyber Sleuth. Now to own a Vita and learn Japanese.

I'm sure it's been shared here a thousand times but can we just marvel at Kouji Wada trying his damndest to sing his heart out while he's afflicted with cancer? Even growing up with next to zero knowledge of the Japanese show, this song still manages to personify Digimon in a really beautiful way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XTNlIIy-O4

I had no idea he had even gotten cancer (and apparently beaten it, twice). gently caress.

What a legend.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Butter-Fly is bizarre in that I heard it for the first time only a year ago but it instantly felt as though I'd always had it in my head, associated w/ Digimon.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

DoctorWhat posted:

Butter-Fly is bizarre in that I heard it for the first time only a year ago but it instantly felt as though I'd always had it in my head, associated w/ Digimon.

Same(although it was like 4-6 years ago for me)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mateo360 posted:

Fight 100 battles with the digimon in your active battle party.

yikes, well guess i'm gonna grind some money

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is oddly addicting to digivolve all of your mons but drat if the memory limit isn't a pain in the rear end.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't wait to drop this memory limit so my mons will all be the coolest ones

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Just in case anyone here double dipped but didn't got the DLC for the Ps4 version. DON'T GET THE DLC ON THE VITA or you won't be able to cross-save.

I really hope the DLC goes into sale later, turns out Amazon Mexico didn't got the DLC :smith:

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

The first five minutes for tri: Determination are up. Needless to say, it contains spoilers about the movie.

Apparently the Kaiser really was Ken all along, who knew.

We also got a new PV for Determination. Junya Ikeda sure can shout when he wants to.

Did they really need to poo poo all over the GOOD half of 02?

tom bob-ombadil fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Feb 14, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Awwwwww man. Jesus Barrero, Impmon/Beelzemon's voice in the latin american dub (and also the voice of Seiya and Rick Hunter) passed away this morning :smith:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Awwwwww man. Jesus Barrero, Impmon/Beelzemon's voice in the latin american dub (and also the voice of Seiya and Rick Hunter) passed away this morning :smith:

I saw. It's a big loss to Latin American dubs and I'll seriously miss hearing his voice. Dude was a part of my childhood alongside Mario Castañeda and other important dub voices.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blaze Dragon posted:

I saw. It's a big loss to Latin American dubs and I'll seriously miss hearing his voice. Dude was a part of my childhood alongside Mario Castañeda and other important dub voices.

Indeed, Barrero was an important part of the childhood for anyone who grew in the 80's and 90's. This puts his performance as Seiya in Soldiers of Gold in a whole new perspective. :smith:

Anyways, it seems that Mirei and Rina will be part of every new Digimon game from now on

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Well she did come out and say there's some sort of digimon multiverse and this was the reason Cyber Sleuth picked Rina out of another world in the first place. Of course she's going to visit the next game's dimension.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
It feels like this series really wants to be Persona going forward. That is not bad thing

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:haw:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Don't forget the scars, tattoos, veins, leather, and body piercings

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Don't forget the belts. Never forget the belts.

Back when Tri was announced I kept thinking of some human person becoming an ambassador and trying to fit in with the digimon by ripping the left side of his pants, strapping scrap metal and guns on his body and switching his shoes for belts.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Toss in some stitches, holes in wings, and, for 90's kids, weird bulging veins.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And boobs :v:

But seriously, Next's Order Executor is the epitome of Digimon design

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Digimon IS much cooler than Pokemon I agree picture

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And boobs :v:

But seriously, Next's Order Executor is the epitome of Digimon design

I've asked before, but is there any more explanation behind Gothnimon up there?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Geostomp posted:

I've asked before, but is there any more explanation behind Gothnimon up there?

Not yet. -next 0rder- will likely have an explanation of the Executor, being a character in it and all, but it's not been released yet..

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The explanation: Black Omnimon isn't distinctive enough for the primary antagonist.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
Wow, I never realized that the Executors greymon sword was broken, kinda makes it look like a lightsaber to me now.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
You know, I would love if next game/show would include as part of its plot more groups. As cool as the Royal Knights and the Demon Lords are, they're starting to become a little overused.

I'd love to see the Olympus Twelve or the Banchos having a prominent role, maybe even the Crack Team.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I watched the first two episodes of Savers and oh my god this show is good

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I was recently linked to this interview

quote:

Are there plans to expand Cyber Sleuth into anime and toys and translated manga in North America, or will it remain just a video game?

If the English version get rated really well, we would like to make toys and animation based on this narrative and world. But the first is to see if we can be successful in North America!

An animation based on Cyber Sleuth's setting would be pretty drat cool :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
For anyone interested here's some footage of Next Order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMnZCFW-qn4

14:40 – 27:50 (starts from the beginning of the game)
32:35 – 42:30
50:10 – 1:21:20

Also, playing Cyber Sleuth got me in the mood of rewatching the movie and while still holds up, now is pretty obvious the way everything was edited into a pseudo coherent narrative. But I'm curious, how was Our War Game orignally?

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.
Our War Game is pretty much the same. Hurricane Touchdown (the last part) is the one that really got butchered.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So Diaboromon's goal and Willis' role were the same?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

No, Willis wasn't apart of the story. I forgot what Diaboromon's goal was in the original. I think he was just an rear end in a top hat.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Diaboromon didn't even have a voice in the original War Game, he was about as flat of a villain as you could have gotten

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The Izzy/Koushiro's friend who they said was Willis was actually just some kid who was never mentioned again. And there's no virus, Diaboromon is just an rear end in a top hat that was born on the web out of nowhere.

I'd still recommend watching it in Japanese too. It's largely the same but the atmosphere is different. On one hand, the original is probably an overall better experience. On the other hand, the scene when Omnimon forms and it starts playing Let's Kick it Up is awesome. In the original it makes it seem like some miracle, while the dub makes it's like "oh hell yeah, let's gently caress poo poo up"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Comedy option: watch Summer Wars instead.

Seriously, it's a feature-length polished remake of Our War Game done by the guy who did OWG in the first place, only with the 10 years of artistic development and maturation shining through.

It is, no joke, the best Digimon movie I've seen.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Summer Wars doesn't necessarily invalidate the existence of OWG though. They're both great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Literally everyone who has pitched Summer Wars to me tries to make it out like it invalidates OWG and that is the worst way to pitch something to someone.

"Hey stop watching that thing you like because he made the exact same thing so you never have to watch this again"

Like why would you do that