Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puvKY8SDwnk

New Hero Academia PV with more voices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

PV for the upcoming Flying Witch anime, it looks cute and good, just like the comic itself. :3::witch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs3cpELeS04

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

a kitten posted:

PV for the upcoming Flying Witch anime, it looks cute and good, just like the comic itself. :3::witch:

I stumbled upon the manga just a few weeks ago, so this is a pleasant surprise. It looks like they've captured the same feel pretty well.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

a kitten posted:

That trailer only shows half of what the title promises :colbert:.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

a kitten posted:

:3: I'm looking forward to it!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Please look forward to it.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs3cpELeS04&t=84s

:confused:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Huh, apparently i didn't watch 'til the end either! :sweatdrop:

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
There's going to be a crowdfunding campaign for an English dub of Skip Beat. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-02-16/pied-piper-licenses-skip-beat-anime-plans-crowdfunding-for-release-with-english-dub/.98769

Here's an email sent to everyone who signed up for campaign updates yesterday.

quote:

You are special. This email is going out to the select group who responded within the first 24 hours of the public announcement.

We have a battle ahead of us. To give Skip Beat! the North American release it deserves, we need 3,000 backers minimum to reach our $210,000 Indiegogo campaign goal. We've got 2 weeks until the campaign launch.

What's at stake? You are the first responders, so I'm going to level with you:
  • Skip Beat! has been in TV Tokyo's back catalog. Why? Because TV Tokyo has always believed that Skip Beat! deserves to reach the widest audience possible and required an English dub for the North America videogram (DVD and Blu-ray) license.
  • Dubbing 25 episodes can easily run to $200,000, or more. Clearly, other distributors decided not to go there. And, why? Maybe because shoujo titles are seen as risky?
  • I'm not here to criticize other distributors who passed on Skip Beat! Ultimately, it's a business decision. However, I love this title. And with the Time of EVE Kickstarter under my belt, I knew I was in a position to give Skip Beat! an official North America release.
  • But, this license needs to make business sense. Will Skip Beat!'s fan base support an English dub? I dug up all the metrics I could find, and estimated 3,000 core fans in North America for a potential of $210,000 funds raised. A pretty penny. But not nearly enough to fund localization costs including the dub.
  • I was ready to sadly say no to Skip Beat! when fate intervened. I met Mela Lee, voice actress and producer who also loves Skip Beat! She proposed taking on the dub with her stellar team -- Cristina Vee, Jason Charles Miller and Alexander Burke -- as a passion project, and then scaling up the dub through stretch goals.
  • With this power dub team as my partners, I know we can work magic with Skip Beat!
I know the fans are there for Skip Beat! The only questions are: Can we reach our fellow fans? Can we create a campaign that hits home?

We need your help. Here's what you can do:

(1) Please take a look at our Indiegogo campaign page and give us your feedback.

https://goo.gl/HOYZIL

Do we make a strong case? Ideas for improvement? How about the perks? Tell us what you think!
Twitter @piedinc
Facebook @piedinc
email skipbeat@piedinc.com

(2) Share the Coming Soon link!

https://goo.gl/Yv8gcf

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Indiana_Krom posted:

Divine Gate is a train wreck presented in especially dramatic slow motion, except it is a toy train falling off a cardboard box.
glad to see another divine gate fan in this thread!! who's your favorite character. glad you're enjoying it enough to watch it every week. :)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
For Skip Beat? Really?

That's a weird pull

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That show's like 8 years old.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Endorph posted:

glad to see another divine gate fan in this thread!! who's your favorite character. glad you're enjoying it enough to watch it every week. :)

uh, i am pretty sure that the mysterious little boy is everyone's favorite character

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Blockhouse posted:

For Skip Beat? Really?

That's a weird pull

My thoughts exactly.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Indiegogo, really?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
episode 17 of Heavy Object is kinda weird. Like, it doesn't feel like it's introducing new characters. More like the show just decided to have more characters.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Funimation picked up The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and plan a special home release later this year for the film's 10th anniversary.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

That's cool. Maybe we'll get haruhi in april then...

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Sweet, I was able to just get the original Blu-ray before it went OOP but I wouldn't mind double dipping if the new one is nicer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Linnaeus posted:

That's cool. Maybe we'll get haruhi in april then...

Hah!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Remember when Haruhi was first released in America and the put the episodes in chronological order on the DVDs?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Anime malpractice.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I loving hate christina vee

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

boom boom boom posted:

Remember when Haruhi was first released in America and the put the episodes in chronological order on the DVDs
Pretty sure the episodes were in chronological order for the Japanese DVD release as well.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm gonna buy it

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

littleorv posted:

I'm gonna buy it

I already have it on disc...if it's on bluray or comes with cool stuff or something.
:retrogames:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AutSKB6LOA

Finally, Nintendo is anime

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nintendo has long been anime, friend.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I missed (or forgot) that Azumanga Daioh is getting a new disc release. :chiyo: !

http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/p/177501/Azumanga-Daioh-Complete-Collection?utm_source=community&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=daily-deal

Anyway, pre-order ahoy.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

That's a wonderful idea that deserves to be expanded upon. Make fire flower turn you into Tsugumi, and star power turn you into Marika. Not sure what (if any) power should be Kosaki's.

In other news, Active Raid was really cheesy and bad this week.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

It's like you haven't even been appreciating the new forum title...

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

AnoHito posted:

It's like you haven't even been appreciating the new forum title...

the what now?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Kytrarewn posted:

That's a wonderful idea that deserves to be expanded upon. Make fire flower turn you into Tsugumi, and star power turn you into Marika. Not sure what (if any) power should be Kosaki's.

In other news, Active Raid was really cheesy and bad this week.

a family was briefly reunited and then torn apart and everyone died and everything that happened sucked all because one girl was being a dweeb about trains

...i wish they would like...talk about this whole quicksand thing because that's just sort of there, and I don't get what the significance of it is. i thought when they opened on a scene there it would finally be explained but no

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Gyra_Solune posted:

...i wish they would like...talk about this whole quicksand thing because that's just sort of there, and I don't get what the significance of it is. i thought when they opened on a scene there it would finally be explained but no

My guess is they're either not going to bother explaining that within the show itself, or only whenever it becomes relevant to the main plot. Which might start happening after a couple more episodic incidents. As for the current episode...I wasn't too impressed either. But the new OP sequence is actually nice by being silly in a fun way. The enemy power suit was also kind of neat in that it reminded me of the Lancelot.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

wielder posted:

My guess is they're either not going to bother explaining that within the show itself, or only whenever it becomes relevant to the main plot. Which might start happening after a couple more episodic incidents. As for the current episode...I wasn't too impressed either. But the new OP sequence is actually nice by being silly in a fun way. The enemy power suit was also kind of neat in that it reminded me of the Lancelot.

Kind of reminded me of the high-end TSFs from Muv-Luv, like the Takemikazuchi and Berkut.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Watching Please Tell Me Galko-chan, it's actually pretty decent for an anime w/ short episodes.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Compendium posted:

Watching Please Tell Me Galko-chan, it's actually pretty decent for an anime w/ short episodes.

:yeah: I need to catch up with the last couple of episodes but yeah, it's a fun little anime

Also, there are a lot of really good short animes, like for example, Ojisan to Marshmallow, or Wakako-zake :)

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Teekyu.

Very Thank You Much.

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)

boom boom boom posted:

Remember when Haruhi was first released in America and the put the episodes in chronological order on the DVDs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Knorth posted:

:yeah: I need to catch up with the last couple of episodes but yeah, it's a fun little anime

Also, there are a lot of really good short animes, like for example, Ojisan to Marshmallow, or Wakako-zake :)

I have watched all of Wakako-zake. Many times.

Ojisan seems cute, but not really my thing.

• Locked thread