Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

AnoHito posted:

Ojisan and marshmallow is great just like pretty much every other short anime ever.
Somehow I've ignored the short series in every season until now, and now they're a large portion of what I'm watching every week. I wish crunchyroll had a tag for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

In Training posted:

I still need to watch erased!!'

i'd just wait it out til the season's over if i were you -- there's only 5 episodes left and it has been pretty relentless about cliffhangers

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

also i still don't trust any mystery series to have a good ending

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Radio Spiricom posted:

i'd just wait it out til the season's over if i were you -- there's only 5 episodes left and it has been pretty relentless about cliffhangers

Yeah but I feel like I should be using my CR sub for more than just Osomatsu, you know?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Watch Rakugo

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

In Training posted:

Yeah but I feel like I should be using my CR sub for more than just Osomatsu, you know?

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjo is pretty good too!

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

yeah, i think you'd like showa genroku rakugo shinju, in training. some of the shorts like sekko boys and ojisan and marshmallow are also neat. and lupin but i think you are already watching it...?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Radio Spiricom posted:

If you're not gnawing your arm off with apprehension between episodes you're doing it wrong.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
It's cool to be deeply invested in a show between episodes.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

In Training posted:

Myriad colours phantom world, my friend

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

also i still don't trust any mystery series to have a good ending

the Boku Machi manga has already revealed the culprit, so the ending isn't likely to live or die on any twists

idk if that counts as spoilers so gently caress it

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

dogsicle posted:

the Boku Machi manga has already revealed the culprit, so the ending isn't likely to live or die on any twists

idk if that counts as spoilers so gently caress it

Kind of depends on what the culprit ends up doing, though, no?

Knowing the face of the enemy doesn't stop surprising, out-there poo poo happening. Plus, there might be some big twist about the nature of Revival or something.

Anime-watcher here, not manga reader, so I'm just throwing ideas out, but this does seem like the sort of story where another big reveal is almost always possible.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Give kono suba a try!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

It's so good

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

CrazySalamander posted:

Give kono suba a try!

JordanKai posted:

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjo is pretty good too!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Has anime finally been saved

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So, when's the spring animes thread?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

http://www.nbcuni.co.jp/rondorobe/anime/drifters/character/nobunaga.html

drifters character designs. appropriately enough done by the same guy as hellsing ultimate

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I am ready for more murderous psychopaths with impossibly large smiles.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

drifters is gonna be great, whenever it comes out

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sharkopath posted:

drifters is gonna be great, whenever it comes out

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i want them to do the hellsing ultimate ova thing again

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Davincie posted:

i want them to do the hellsing ultimate ova thing again

I dunno, Drifters done perfectly over the next 10 years or so or Drifters done pretty well much, much sooner? That's a conundrum.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Serious Frolicking posted:

I dunno, Drifters done perfectly over the next 10 years or so or Drifters done pretty well much, much sooner? That's a conundrum.

Do we need to point out how off the rails the original Hellsing anime went?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Dennou Coil is getting a BD/DVD release in the US this June

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Hmmm. Only a few shows that really get me for next season. Concrete Revolutio and Ace Attorney are the major standouts. There's Kuromukuro and Macross for obligatory robots, and Kabaneri looks cool. Joker Game might be good and maybe I might go for Stray Dogs? Other than that not much I can think of, and there's no leftovers.

also when is the WIXOSS movie getting in :(

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Davincie posted:

http://www.nbcuni.co.jp/rondorobe/anime/drifters/character/nobunaga.html

drifters character designs. appropriately enough done by the same guy as hellsing ultimate
I'm glad they bothered to give Oda comprehensive coverage even though Hirano only draws him seriously like 30% of the time.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Welp, can't say I'm surprised Nobunaga's a major character. He seems like Hirano's kind of guy.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
No force on Earth can convince Hirano to draw faster but I'm hoping the advent of the anime will remind Dark Horse to unlock the warehouse where they're keeping vol. 4 of Drifters stored away next to the Ark of the Covenant.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Gyra_Solune posted:

Hmmm. Only a few shows that really get me for next season. Concrete Revolutio and Ace Attorney are the major standouts. There's Kuromukuro and Macross for obligatory robots, and Kabaneri looks cool. Joker Game might be good and maybe I might go for Stray Dogs? Other than that not much I can think of, and there's no leftovers.

also when is the WIXOSS movie getting in :(

There's a lot in Spring to be excited for, or at least there's a lot of known quantities like My Hero Academia and Sakamoto Desu Ga. I'm interested in Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou since apparently it's considered good in Japan. Not translated though, so it's unknown over here obviously.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i'll be watching the tonkatsu dj show

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i'll also watch k-on bread featuring yui, the japanese spy show and the one about school girls driving motorcycles. not sure how that's even legal

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

bakuon is cool and funny, but also really gets what being young and having a motorcycle is like

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i like the times they stall while trying to get going again because you're in the wrong gear

true feels

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

depending on the type you have to be 16 or 18 for a motorcycle in japan

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Mayoiga might be cool. It's the Shirobako director teaming up with Mari Okada for the story.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

update: just remembered the existence of the attack on titan but with trains show, i'll watch that too

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Allarion posted:

Mayoiga might be cool. It's the Shirobako director teaming up with Mari Okada for the story.

looked it up and the other horror series he directed are blood-c and another so gently caress that show

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SQl-OxBTUQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Davincie posted:

looked it up and the other horror series he directed are blood-c and another so gently caress that show

Hey, it might not be a horror series. Maybe it's clearly a slice of life series about these 30 people thrown together in a uninhabited village-

Yeah, you might have a point. He has a strong record with comedy shows anyways.

• Locked thread