Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Skaw posted:

I feel like Fruit Jelly sells way better than Pickled Veggies, and Beers sell better than Wines. Or maybe Blackberry Wine is just hot garbage. :shrug:

Juice seems absolutely poo poo though.

it depends on the base item you use. wine from foraged fruit sells for less than grown fruit, stuff like pumpkin juice sells for 700 a bottle etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Zodack posted:

Foolishly threw my watering can into the blacksmith's grubby paws for an upgrade, and I still have watering to do.

Who in Pelican Town sells replacement tools? I assumed it was either the blacksmith or the general store but neither seem to be the case.

doesn't happen, you're hosed son

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Zodack posted:

Foolishly threw my watering can into the blacksmith's grubby paws for an upgrade, and I still have watering to do.

Who in Pelican Town sells replacement tools? I assumed it was either the blacksmith or the general store but neither seem to be the case.

No one. :rip:

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Zodack posted:

shoulda waited for a rainy day, rest in piss crops

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Zodack posted:

Hope your farming is advanced enough to make sprinklers, you're gonna have to make a few now...

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
On the plus side you can tell us if they actually die or not.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Zodack posted:

You can always restart the game to do the day anew if it was the same day. Otherwise the time it takes to upgrade is usually just 2 days, and your plants will survive one day without watering.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Joke's on all of you, it was the first thing I did that day so I just reloaded my save. Too many crops to risk them dying out at the end of Spring.

I'll check the weather and try to line this up.

What happens if you just throw your can away, then? I was always terrified of that in Harvest Moon because seemingly no one in the farming village had spares.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Zodack posted:

Joke's on all of you, it was the first thing I did that day so I just reloaded my save. Too many crops to risk them dying out at the end of Spring.

What happens if you just throw your can away, then? I was always terrified of that in Harvest Moon because seemingly no one in the farming village had spares.
If you throw your can away (I literally do not know how you do this) the game will notice and give you a can back at the start of the next day with a note from the mayor saying it was found in a lost and found.
When this functionality was patched in, it didn't take into account tool upgrades and some folks got duplicate tools... and this is where I ask "how do you even get rid of a tool" because I recall people asking for the ability to delete the duped tool.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zodack posted:

It takes around a week (or 5 days) for crops to die. I think. It could take longer or shorter. I've planted a few seeds 1 tile away from sprinklers by accident and it's really not worth wasting my time watering them everyday when I have around 1000 crops planted. I had wheat finish growing near the last day of a month from rain alone.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Where the hell is the incubator in the big coop?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How do I get the minecarts working?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

It's a community bundle/joja upgrade (depending on your path) that literally says "fix minecarts"

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
They should let you build a guest room for the homeless dude and then he works on your farm feeding your barn animals because doing hay is annoying and it doesn't seem like there is any automatic way to do it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Reason posted:

They should let you build a guest room for the homeless dude and then he works on your farm feeding your barn animals because doing hay is annoying and it doesn't seem like there is any automatic way to do it.

if there's not -some- way to help out linus's housing situation i'm going to be annoyed because it's the kind of thing we should be able to do in this kind of game.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Yeah, I mean you own a giant piece of land and the local carpenter can construct more buildings for you. Come on, build me a hobo-coop.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
"Someone was throwing rocks at my tent last night. I had to wait it out."

Blunderz
Feb 22, 2016
Really curious as to how multiplayer could be introduced into this game. I've been playing for hours and literally still so much to do. Spent the entirety of fall spelunking down to level 90 only to die and lose my sword and 5 more items and forget the previous 10 levels...

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
When I upgraded my Watering Can to copper, the next morning someone mailed me a base level watering can saying I must have dropped it somewhere. So I used it for 2 days then picked up my new copper can and now I have 2 watering cans. Weird bug, felt like they wanted me to have a loaner and not give up on my crops on the 26th of the month.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Fun Times! posted:

Also like, someone robs you if you fall unconscious? Who the gently caress robbed you. There are 28 people in this town, and I know all of them.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

one thing the game def needs from rune factory; a loving thing saying when events are available. PS Leah has a bunch if you walk into her house 10~ am on.

Johnny Joestar posted:

if there's not -some- way to help out linus's housing situation i'm going to be annoyed because it's the kind of thing we should be able to do in this kind of game.

pretty sure it's more of his choice then a lack of sympathy tbh

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Rookersh posted:

Also like, someone robs you if you fall unconscious? Who the gently caress robbed you. There are 28 people in this town, and I know all of them.

It's probably the wizard.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I have spent 20 days in Spring looking for a second horseradish to replace the one I naively ate on my second day in the game. I haven't found one. Curse you, Community Center.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Green Dam posted:

It's probably the wizard.

His ex is a more likely suspect.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Why are all my birds sad when I let them outside? I have grass growing in the pen, but they don't seem to eat it and they stop laying eggs.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

inthesto posted:

Where the hell is the incubator in the big coop?
It's a tall thing to the left of where you grab hay out of.

inthesto posted:

Why are all my birds sad when I let them outside? I have grass growing in the pen, but they don't seem to eat it and they stop laying eggs.
You need to put hay on the thing in the back of the coop. Every day pretty much. And pet them everyday.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

drunken officeparty posted:

You have to do all 3 mining bundles. The more annoying part is that you have to do two bundles to unlock the mining bundles in the first place, as the mining bundles themselves are pretty easy

Rookersh posted:

JojaMart guy, probably.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Rookersh posted:

:lol: if you don't immediately suspect the obvious.
The mayor

Neon Knight posted:

When I upgraded my Watering Can to copper, the next morning someone mailed me a base level watering can saying I must have dropped it somewhere. So I used it for 2 days then picked up my new copper can and now I have 2 watering cans. Weird bug, felt like they wanted me to have a loaner and not give up on my crops on the 26th of the month.
This is a bug. As I previously posted, the game is trying to track if you lost any tools and give you them back if you did so but it forgets to track if your tool is being upgraded.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 2, 2016

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Khorne posted:

It's a tall thing to the left of where you grab hay out of.
You need to put hay on the thing in the back of the coop. Every day pretty much. And pet them everyday.

Wait, I thought letting them outside to feed on grass by themselves replaced the hay feeding

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Khorne posted:

And pet them everyday.

:argh:

At least the game told me this after I dug up a couple equally undocumented worm tiles, but I was puzzled why my cows and chickens weren't doing their loving jobs for all of fall.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Fun Times! posted:

sebastian is a prick

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Zodack posted:

I have spent 20 days in Spring looking for a second horseradish to replace the one I naively ate on my second day in the game. I haven't found one. Curse you, Community Center.

I found a bunch on the path north of the farm that goes toward the mine.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
I always found a lot of springtime forage by the sewer pipe south of Leah's cottage, sometimes 6 or 7 together, but sadly the area isn't nearly so generous in summer.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Since people have said that there is no hard, or soft, time limit of getting things done in this game I have basically completely stopped using the Wiki for anything other than trying to figure out where the hell Abigail is so I can lay the moves on her. Honestly it's even more fun and relaxing than HM64 because I know there's no rush. All my poo poo is inefficient and I don't know anyone in this town but I feel like I can get a shitload of mileage out of this game if I don't powerplay.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Since people have said that there is no hard, or soft, time limit of getting things done in this game I have basically completely stopped using the Wiki for anything other than trying to figure out where the hell Abigail is so I can lay the moves on her. Honestly it's even more fun and relaxing than HM64 because I know there's no rush. All my poo poo is inefficient and I don't know anyone in this town but I feel like I can get a shitload of mileage out of this game if I don't powerplay.

There's apparently a score given at the end of year 2, but it doesn't affect anything besides giving a number to brag to powerfarming nerds about.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Well I feel like an idiot.

I guess I hit the wrong number key when filling my preservers :cripes:

Blunderz
Feb 22, 2016

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Despite it taking a hypothetical couple of years to get with the lady you want. I haven't read up on gift preference and what not so I tend to get hearts only to instantly lose them by giving them a lovely gift. Haley is a tough one... and Leah. All the feisty ones, must be a sign...

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

DaveKap posted:

Is anyone playing with the "old school bachelor" sprites? I'd like to date Abigail if she wasn't covered in purple goo and the old sprite of her looks way better but I am curious if the mod has a full set of sprites or if it's just the one static image.
Yes I realize how stupid this reads but, come on, it's Harvest Moon. This poo poo matters. :downs:
If anyone else cares, I extracted the files and checked and yes, all the reactions are there. So if you are sick of purple pod person Abigail or ultra-fabio Elliot, I highly suggest you grab the portrait change mod.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Uhhhh whoops haha the bronze can probably would have worked Spring has 28 or something days instead of 30 rip my crops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
How do you restore the community center?

Do I need that Joja membership? Cause I was trying to not give them any money and run them out of town.