Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Chilichimp posted:

Add Chris Christie to the list of mother fuckers with regrets...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

robotsinmyhead posted:

I've seen this gif a ton without context. Did Trump say something extra-Trumpy to make him react like that or did Christie finally realize a very important life lesson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9LBRcSlaPA

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The "sad" thing about Christie is either he's for Trump either as a gently caress You to the GOP for how they treated him after Sandy or he hopes to get a place in Trump's cabinet. If it's the former, he's hosed to everyone in the party and can never really expect any place in it again. If it's the latter then the truth is, if Trump's wins he's never going to even acknowledge Christie again. Trump is using him big time and it's kind of obvious and sad because he has no want or need for Christie once he's elected.

It's pure PUA 101.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjS0JCAakNI

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Said a few days a go, but Ted Cruz has the thinnest skin ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7kxrWdEVD4

What a loving weasel.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

FuzzySkinner posted:

Said a few days a go, but Ted Cruz has the thinnest skin ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7kxrWdEVD4

What a loving weasel.

Having worked in a "swanky" overpriced hotel in Palm Beach, nobody tips 100 dollars. Frankly most people in swanky hotels don't tip period.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Walsh has given up

quote:

Here's my analysis of Super Tuesday. I'm not one to indulge in comfortable delusions, so the analysis isn't pretty.

As far as I see it, there are two key points from last night.

The first is that Trump is probably going to be the nominee. Sorry. I hate it too, but that's by far the most likely outcome now. And if it ends up coming to fruition, I feel I should answer the question hundreds of you have asked me over the last few weeks: will I support Trump against Hillary?

The answer is no. I feel it should be obvious that the answer is no, considering I've accurately described Trump as a degenerate narcissist, a liar, a progressive big government Planned Parenthood lover, a tyrant, etc. How in the world could I possibly VOTE for a guy when I see him for the megalomaniac psycho that he is? Obviously I cannot.

But this is not so obvious because many people, including the other candidates, have criticized him in (almost) as harsh terms but have nonetheless pledged to support him when he wins the nomination. I find that absurd, hypocritical, and idiotic. I explain why here.

The second point is that Trump can only be stopped through two means: a consolidated field or a brokered convention. One requires everyone but one anti-Trump to leave the race, the other requires everyone to stay in.

Personally I'll take either option. I'll support whatever means necessary to stop Trump, no matter the cost. But in this piece we'll talk about which is the most likely path:

I highly recommend reading his article because there are an endless well of tears

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/let-me-make-this-perfectly-clear-i-will-never-vote-for-donald-trump/

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

FistEnergy posted:

I've never seen Milo discussed outside of this thread before but this morning a guy I went to high school with posted some Milo quotes on Facebook, saying how the left lies constantly about sexism, racism, and rape.

Woof.

Milo's on a fairly meteoric rise through right wing punditry channels because while the walshes and shapiros of the world are true believers, Milo is completely willing to say anything to anyone, and backstab anything on his mad dash towards being taken seriously. He's got a combination of Trumpian pandering and Cruzian sleaze that's working very well in the current election cycle.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

So you have candidates A, B, and C and A winning. The idea that if candidate B drops out, all of his voters go to C and C then wins is such a GOP pipe dream. The reality is that they would probably end up splitting in some ratio that still allows A to win with some just not voting at all. If Cruz the slimy, amoral theocrat drops 100% of his supporters aren't going to flock to Rubio the establishment empty suit boy-man and vice versa. It's sad how these guys are desperately trying to pretend they have any agency in Trump winning or losing.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Radish posted:

So you have candidates A, B, and C and A winning. The idea that if candidate B drops out, all of his voters go to C and C then wins is such a GOP pipe dream. The reality is that they would probably end up splitting in some ratio that still allows A to win with some just not voting at all. If Cruz the slimy, amoral theocrat drops 100% of his supporters aren't going to flock to Rubio the establishment empty suit boy-man and vice versa. It's sad how these guys are desperately trying to pretend they have any agency in Trump winning or losing.

In last night's coverage on MSNBC, they showed the favorable/unfavorable numbers. If Cruz doesn't win the nomination, like 2/3-3/4 of his supporters would be OK with Rubio, but only like half of Rubio's supporters would be OK with Cruz. Only something like 1/5 of both Cruz and Rubio supporters would be OK with Trump as the nominee.

If Cruz drops, Rubio could plausibly challenge Trump at the convention, but not the other way around.

If Rubio drops, the chance of challenging Trump at the convention drops hugely, but Cruz won't drop... and I don't think Rubio will willingly drop either.

All Hail Chaos Candidate!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Yeah, but Ted won three states last night and is not going to drop until at least the 15th. Rubio, meanwhile, is in a tight loving spot and that might be why Mitt is coming in now to give him a hand.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ready for CPAC panels this week?

quote:

Dearly Beloved: A Conversation on Religious Liberty and Marriage in America

"You Have to See This!": Causing a Stir with Viral Videos

There's No Such Thing as a Safe Place: Keeping Campuses Free

The Latino Vote: The Beginning or the End of the Conservative Movement

Are We Losing Our Humanity? Personhood From Womb To Tomb

They Are Coming For Your Home, Your Car, & Your iPhone

Thank Goodness For Guns In America: A Townhall

The Seven Deadly Sins of Hillary Clinton

We're All Infidels Now

Between Vice & Virtue: Does The 10th Amendment Still Matter?

Conservative Talk Radio: Rational Thought and the Average Joe

My Bible, My Choice: The State of Religious Liberty

What Would A World Without Cops Look Like

Crony CRAPitalism

And....

quote:

When Will Castro Die & Will It Matter?

:dogbutton:

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

CPAC's volunteers.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
That sure is a lot of white people

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Ready for CPAC panels this week?

And....

:dogbutton:

I pray for a drone strike gone wrong

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://soundcloud.com/rockymountainmike/cpac-nationals-showdown

CPAC Nationals this week? BAD rear end!!

(if you're a racing fan? You'll appreciate this on a different level)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mr Jaunts posted:

There's an Asian lady to the left of the blue sunglasses. And I think at least one of those guys is Jewish, maybe?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Schizotek posted:

CPAC's volunteers.

of course they look like that. lol

Zeroisanumber posted:

Yeah, but Ted won three states last night and is not going to drop until at least the 15th. Rubio, meanwhile, is in a tight loving spot and that might be why Mitt is coming in now to give him a hand.

I think trump has the nom in the bag, but i am curious who the GOP is going to try to continue to push. rubio has shown himself to be a failure, but he is the last "popular" "moderate". cruz did ok but he is poison in the general and is hated by almost everyone who isnt nuts.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Every single one of them has been described as "The worst person I know," by at least one person.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I look forward at CPAC to hear the phrase

"We are the party of diversity"

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Has anyone noticed this explosion of calling people who fight racism The Regressive Left?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

KomradeX posted:

Has anyone noticed this explosion of calling people who fight racism The Regressive Left?

No, they're typically called Hillary supporters though.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

of course they look like that. lol

I think trump has the nom in the bag, but i am curious who the GOP is going to try to continue to push. rubio has shown himself to be a failure, but he is the last "popular" "moderate". cruz did ok but he is poison in the general and is hated by almost everyone who isnt nuts.

the only hope would be a unity ticket, but in order for that to have any legs in the general, Cruz would have to accept being the VP, and he'll literally never do that. The question for a soul-searching Marco Rubio to answer: "Is it worse to be Cruz's VP candidate and lose spectacularly in the general, or let the Trump id seize complete control of the party on every level?"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Bushiz posted:

the only hope would be a unity ticket, but in order for that to have any legs in the general, Cruz would have to accept being the VP, and he'll literally never do that. The question for a soul-searching Marco Rubio to answer: "Is it worse to be Cruz's VP candidate and lose spectacularly in the general, or let the Trump id seize complete control of the party on every level?"

If I'm Rubio, I get out now, back Ted Cruz saying you are doing what's best for the country to unify the Republican party against Trump or whatever BS spin you need to give, decline the request for being a VP on Cruz's ticket, and prepare for 2020. If (God Save us) Cruz wins you can negotiate for a cabinet seat or some other perk down the line.

Rubio is young enough where he should back out now and fight in another 4 years.

Also Mitt backing anyone is going to get whoever he backs roasted by Trump.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

I'm guessing Hannity (and the rest of Fox News) see the writing on the wall and are currently boarding the Trump Train:

https://twitter.com/southernpol/status/705142618863362049

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Schizotek posted:

CPAC's volunteers.

Those are all college Republicans aren't they? loving gross

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KomradeX posted:

I've actually not seen it recently. It started in the aftermath of gamergate, where they were trying to brand themselves as liberals and REAL progressives (not like those people who don't want nazis speaking at their colleges). I haven't seen nearly as much of it since Trump took flight and they sort of abandoned the pretense that they're liberals.

Where is it showing up for you?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I listened to Hannity for a little while today for the hell of it. Its what I expected but what I didn't expect was the ad breaks.

Break #1
Hannity: Imagine that you buy a gun to protect your wife and children. Now imagine that some thug breaks into your home and you use that gun to protect your family. Now the police come and they handcuff you and drag you off. Do you know who to call? What to say? How to act? Well now you can buy this book that will tell you.

Sean Hannity is selling an honest to God "What To Do When You Kill Someone" handbook.

Break #2
Hannity: Did you read that they just bust this huge gang of thugs? They were doing horrible things, breaking into people's homes and stealing their stuff. Imagine if it was your home and if your family was home. Imagine what could have happened. But not if you buy my favorite security system. If you had that then those thugs would have been arrested in minutes.

Oh wait, now he's just trying to get people to invest in gold and silver. That's more what I'm used to.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That one fucker in the middle not wearing a red polo has a loving bow tie on.

How could anyone in good conscious be a college Republican? How black is your heart that you sell out so early?

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Bushiz posted:

I've actually not seen it recently. It started in the aftermath of gamergate, where they were trying to brand themselves as liberals and REAL progressives (not like those people who don't want nazis speaking at their colleges). I haven't seen nearly as much of it since Trump took flight and they sort of abandoned the pretense that they're liberals.

I think it's more about tweaking the noses of "progressive liberals". They think progressives hate the word "regressive", so they're throwing it back in progressives' faces.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I actualy have one in one of the classes i am taking. he weres either a work shirt or a game of thrones shirt everday. he talks about how bernie is the path to nazism and how duke and the KKK are all leftists and how cool a dude trump is even though he is kinda loud.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

anonumos posted:

I think it's more about tweaking the noses of "progressive liberals". They think progressives hate the word "regressive", so they're throwing it back in progressives' faces.

pretty much this.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Mr Jaunts posted:

Right Wing Media: That sure is a lot of white people

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

WampaLord posted:

That one fucker in the middle not wearing a red polo has a loving bow tie on.

How could anyone in good conscious be a college Republican? How black is your heart that you sell out so early?

Current theory is some cute, hippie-ish chick they had a crush on wouldn't sleep with them.

No, I'm not going to expose myself to them to find out.

Edit:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I actualy have one in one of the classes i am taking. he weres either a work shirt or a game of thrones shirt everday. he talks about how bernie is the path to nazism and how duke and the KKK are all leftists and how cool a dude trump is even though he is kinda loud.

What class?

MizPiz fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 2, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

So by his twisted logic shouldn't the KKK and David Duke all lining up around the block to support Trump show that Trump is a radical leftist?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So by his twisted logic shouldn't the KKK and David Duke all lining up around the block to support Trump show that Trump is a radical leftist?

:rolleyes:

The KKK and Duke are plants from the DNC to discredit Trump obviously.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Bushiz posted:

Milo's on a fairly meteoric rise through right wing punditry channels because while the walshes and shapiros of the world are true believers, Milo is completely willing to say anything to anyone, and backstab anything on his mad dash towards being taken seriously. He's got a combination of Trumpian pandering and Cruzian sleaze that's working very well in the current election cycle.

He's very Clintonian.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

MizPiz posted:

Current theory is some cute, hippie-ish chick they had a crush on wouldn't sleep with them.

No, I'm not going to expose myself to them to find out.

Edit:

What class?

asians history to the 1800s. its an ok course. the teacher is kinda dry though.

Bushiz posted:

pretty much. Milo is a weasel who knows how to say the right things in the right way to people. he is a real littlefinger.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Bushiz posted:

It's been showing up on lot of the conservative and "centrist" people's Facebooks that I know where instead of SJW they bitch about the Regressive Left being intolerant cause they don't like racists and war criminals speaking at their college and they always use that loving Liberty University letting Bernie speak as how it should be. For example I was gonna go post this in the Right Wing Emails thread but I saw this post today from a dude I know

quote:

So, I learned that trying to be "mediating" of one's opinions on any hot topics of today ends in "Dude, I don't care." And a nice unfriend sticker to go with it.

That is, if there is a sensitive topic, they find themselves on one side of it, and you try to bring up how life's not always one side, and generalizing it as such is dangerous, they remove you from their lives, because "[they] don't need that kind of negativity."

Hear my words - this is the epitome and the lower and upper bounds of bigotry. If you can't be bothered with other's opinions, that is what bigotry is - not because someone of a perceived level of privilege decides to form an opinion one way or another. It's when you cannot tolerate other opinions - this is bigotry.

Thanks regressive left.

"Smh"

It's this constant refrain from the people like him whenever they bitch about a college creating safe spaces or whatever they're outraged at today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

KomradeX posted:

It's been showing up on lot of the conservative and "centrist" people's Facebooks that I know where instead of SJW they bitch about the Regressive Left being intolerant cause they don't like racists and war criminals speaking at their college and they always use that loving Liberty University letting Bernie speak as how it should be. For example I was gonna go post this in the Right Wing Emails thread but I saw this post today from a dude I know

It's this constant refrain from the people like him whenever they bitch about a college creating safe spaces or whatever they're outraged at today.

https://twitter.com/No_Cut_Card/status/705037295318081536

Show them that and say "No that is what bigotry actually looks like"