Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Ha!

HA HA HA HA HA!

You're alright, Marnie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I appreciate that Pierre never stops being a piece of poo poo.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

I appreciate that Pierre never stops being a piece of poo poo.

Almost makes you want Joja to take over his shop. Who doesn't like tortillas!??!

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Murderology AND Murderonomy!
Is there an ETA on this next patch that has all the bug fixes including those for romantic scenes not triggering?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Abigail got more eggs than me and I'm going to kill her why does an adult like her care about this stupid kids festival stupid piece of poo poo I hate eggs

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

she's all about adventure

it's kinda hosed up you can't take her with you in the caves after maxing her out

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Gamerofthegame posted:

it's kinda hosed up you can't take her with you in the caves after maxing her out

Man that would've been awesome.

I'm similarly sad that Maru doesn't like... build a robotic scarecrow or something.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Assuming that you wouldn't have to babysit her life and energy, this would be amazing.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

StarkRavingMad posted:

I just got the minecarts repaired. This is the best day ever.

I got them repaired on spring 27

poo poo rules. Using the first spring to dive the mine hard is so good. Summer 1 and I have 3 sprinklers ready to go. Just need gold for more, but I'm on mine level 85 so we can rock that.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Do I need more than 1 rainbow shell?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Digirat posted:

Abigail got more eggs than me and I'm going to kill her why does an adult like her care about this stupid kids festival stupid piece of poo poo I hate eggs

Abigail and Maru are supposed to be 18-20. It makes sense she cares about the egg hunt, she's still basically a teenager.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Coolguye posted:

I got them repaired on spring 27

poo poo rules. Using the first spring to dive the mine hard is so good. Summer 1 and I have 3 sprinklers ready to go. Just need gold for more, but I'm on mine level 85 so we can rock that.

have fun in winter

edit: unlock the bus by winter at least

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'm sad he took out the animal slaughtering. There's a whole aspect of farming left unexplored.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Xtanstic posted:

Almost makes you want Joja to take over his shop. Who doesn't like tortillas!??!

If you're the nosy sort like myself, you can scour his kitchen for some fluff.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Fhqwhgads posted:

When I had cows inside every day, and just fed them with hay, they'd give milk every day. Now that I've made a pasture with a fuckton of grass, they're not giving me milk. And the grass is right outside the barn. Is this a normal thing? A bug? They "look fine", so they're not hungry or sick. I wanted to try to keep the hay for winter and let them graze outside, but if they're going to be like this, I might as well just keep them in the barn and feed them every day.

Same thing happened with me, but with chickens in place of cows and eggs in place of milk.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

I'm sad he took out the animal slaughtering. There's a whole aspect of farming left unexplored.

You can still sell them for a profit once they're "fully grown," IE 5 hearts, so the spirit of it is still alive just incredibly streamlined.

That said meat-chickens and cows are both incredibly different from, uh, production ones so it'd just be like some crop that takes 90 days to grow and then you toss it in the bin.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Pigs don't produce anything, they find poo poo for you. I demand some bacon from this pig.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Screenshot dump.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Anything I should know before my first winter? Should I harvest all my grass? I have a Silo up.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Away all Goats posted:

Anything I should know before my first winter? Should I harvest all my grass? I have a Silo up.

The grass all dies in the winter, so the only reason why not is that the silo has a limit on how much hay it can hold. So hit the cap and stop caring.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I think the grass comes back as it was, though. That or there was just grass fields exactly-ish where they were in fall.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Away all Goats posted:

Pro-tip, don't accidentally drop a mega-bomb on your base on the first day of winter destroying all your chests right before you're about to sleep..

...god damnit that was a loving good day too :(

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I kinda wish you could make an empty building that had no system purpose beyond giving you space to put up your kegs and such. Call it a Warehouse or something.
Feels kinda wrong to use a barn.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

For whatever reason, I always read and see Pierre as Cyril Figgis.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Kyte posted:

I kinda wish you could make an empty building that had no system purpose beyond giving you space to put up your kegs and such. Call it a Warehouse or something.

CA has said he's working on a workshop building that will fulfill that role.

I'd love to see future content updates as something like a craftsman skill with a bunch of stuff you could craft for money or decor, like jewellery and furniture.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

No but seriously, how the hell do you guys have so much fruit? I'm managing maybe a half dozen of each fruit so far from foraging

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Fall of Year 2, and Abby finally asked if we wanted to adopt a kid :kimchi: Now I just wonder how long it takes...

Was slightly annoyed nobody except your fiance/spouse even registers that you're engaged or married. Hell, Caroline still acts as though Abby still lives in the same house with her and Pierre.

Also I'm only 3 apples away from completing all the bundles, but these apple trees sure are taking their time to grow :argh: Is there any way to speed it up (including save editing)?

Kyte posted:

According to twitter he's considering adding it, so that's good.

Spaced God posted:

No but seriously, how the hell do you guys have so much fruit? I'm managing maybe a half dozen of each fruit so far from foraging

Once you level up foraging enough, you get recipes to make seeds for random foraging items for each season. The winter ones are good because they give you something to grow in the winter.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Spaced God posted:

What kind of fruit? there's plenty that you can grow like melons, cranberries, grapes, and the foraging stuff can all be planted too once you learn how to get the seeds out (gain enough farming skill)

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
As we all know, we can't grow crops in the winter. (Greenhouse excluded.) This was going to be a problem for me, because I only had around 15K on me once Winter came along. I only had two chickens, and that's kinda it. I didn't have a way to make reliable money beyond crops, and I'd have to choose between:

- having a strong start come Spring, but not doing poo poo during the Winter

- making some smart purchases now, but then find myself unable to start business properly at the end of the year

Then I turned in the winter forage quest early on in the season, thanks to digging up a winter yam. I turned it in, and I got the winter forage seeds. Oh, I could plant forage seeds in the winter like the other seasons? This changed everything. I had 12 quality sprinklers taking care of 96 plots of forage crops all season long... and I held off on shipping it all until the end of the season. I still foraged outside my farm too, but 90% of all I turned in at the end of the season was grown myself. I was expecting to hit 10-15k, get some nice seed money for the start of Spring.

Oh poo poo. I'm starting year 2 with over 40k. The highest I've hit in this game was 20k, before I bought the stable. Spring Year 2 is gonna be the Year of Ramrod Farm.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ramadu posted:

Do I need more than 1 rainbow shell?

2 if you want to ship one for the achievement.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Spaced God posted:

It depends on the fruit. Some I only have a couple of, and then I have over 120 blackberries because they are super-plentiful forage mid-fall.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I like that there's almost no limit to what you can throw into a press or a keg. Come on down to the farm and enjoy some pickled beans, hot pepper jelly and 'eggplant juice'.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I"m sure pickled potatoes would be delicious in real life.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I have never played the harvest moon games. I don't know why but this game is so much fun. I was really hurt that nobody wanted to dance with me during the spring festival, but then again, the only person I spoke with on the regular was the homeless guy. :downsgun:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Well gently caress. I bought this game. And am currently on the "Talk to everyone" and the Parsnips quests.

How do I even refill my can.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Left click on any body of water with it selected.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I have finally begun my bunny empire! Also rearranged my fields a bit and put all my machines in a more pleasing order. Got the minecarts, got the quarry bridge. I love winter.

e: also got my boyfriend Alex for my secret santa. I think someone's trying to set us up. :3:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Cicadalek posted:

Left click on any body of water with it selected.

My girlfriend bought the game. She didn't realize there was water on the farm to refill her watering can until she couldn't access the river in town... because the Egg Festival on the 13th got in the way.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

At what level does iron begin appearing in the mine? So far I've made it somewhere between 25-30 and so far all I still find is copper and stone. I already use half my energy in the morning watering my plants and I'd like to get that under control with sprinklers. I'm mid summer year one if that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Met posted:

My girlfriend bought the game. She didn't realize there was water on the farm to refill her watering can until she couldn't access the river in town... because the Egg Festival on the 13th got in the way.

But... there's a pond right there! :psyduck: