Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money

Shnooks posted:

Was there an update last night? I've been using a 360 controller to play and every so often it gets weird when it can't detect a cursor, but it's even worse today and unplayable with it. Anyone else having a similar issue?

I play with a 360 controller too and have the occasional problem of the A button simply not working sometimes. I've been able to solve it without exiting the game by hitting start to pull up the menu then just exiting the menu. Give that a try, it might help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Has anyone found a fruit tree layout they like? I'm still deciding where to place mine.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Revol posted:

Are artifacts of any use once I send the first one into the museum? I don't imagine they are used in any crafting, and the ones I've sold seem to be completely useless pricewise.

The dwarf likes dwarf stuff as gifts.

Also I found something, uh, interesting:

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

You desperately need to be able to buy Iridium ore from the blacksmith, right now it's so rare it might as well not be in the game.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
How do I get the iridium rod? The wiki is useless, I have everything maxed but the fisherman doens't sell it, the smith won't upgrade my fiberglass rod and I have to finish the community center and fishing is poo poo. Where do I get it? PLEASE!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

how me a frog posted:

How do I get the iridium rod? The wiki is useless, I have everything maxed but the fisherman doens't sell it, the smith won't upgrade my fiberglass rod and I have to finish the community center and fishing is poo poo. Where do I get it? PLEASE!

I think it's just unlocked by fishing a lot.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The dwarf likes dwarf stuff as gifts.

Also I found something, uh, interesting:

Greeting Captain Haddock.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Roberto_Silencio posted:

I play with a 360 controller too and have the occasional problem of the A button simply not working sometimes. I've been able to solve it without exiting the game by hitting start to pull up the menu then just exiting the menu. Give that a try, it might help

Using the right click to do the action also fixes it. (i.e. The click does the action and then my A button starts working again.)

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:

Roberto_Silencio posted:

Usually I just jostle the right controller but it would absolutely not stay fixed. I'll have to try it again later.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Spring 11, Year 2

Just upgraded my house. Once a storm comes, I'll be popping the question to Leah. I plan to move the coop over to the pen next to the stables soon. The empty grid is a plot expansion that I'll need 32 quality sprinklers for, but by the time I'll have the mats for it it'll be close to the end of the season, so that'll wait until summer. My farm is still humble, I haven't gotten into money-making schemes like hops or any other kind of artisan goods.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

how me a frog posted:

I got the letter telling me it was for sale at Willy's shop the day after I hit Fishing 5, which happened when I got the "catch 100 fish" achievement.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Revol posted:

Spring 11, Year 2

I love your fences!

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
Silly newbie question but I haven't found it yet: How do you move structures once they're built? I assume you can.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

dropkickpikachu posted:

Silly newbie question but I haven't found it yet: How do you move structures once they're built? I assume you can.

I don't think you can. I am learning to love my terrible coop placement.

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
Welp;

I envy some of you folks' ability to plan ahead, jeez.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

dropkickpikachu posted:

You can demolish them and rebuild them again, at least. Go talk to Robin, it should be in her shop menu.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
someone mentioned a couple pages back about increasing run speed, how do i do that

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

dropkickpikachu posted:

Welp;

I envy some of you folks' ability to plan ahead, jeez.

I'll have to create a new coop, move my chickens, and then delete the old one. I was planning ahead; I thought I was clever that I was gonna have one large pen in the upper left corner with coops and barns. Then I realized I'd rather have them next to my house.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Countblanc posted:

someone mentioned a couple pages back about increasing run speed, how do i do that

Drink coffee, possibly a few other recipes for a temporary buff. You can also ride a horse to go faster.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I think it was more like, modifying the game to just always be moving a bit faster. I don't want to noclip around the map and teleport everywhere instantly but a 10-15% move speed increase would be nice, it's a real BadFeel to realize you have to run across the entire map to deposit or sell something when you move pretty slow.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

I wish the gamepad support on this wasn't so fucky.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Revol posted:

Spring 11, Year 2

Just upgraded my house. Once a storm comes, I'll be popping the question to Leah. I plan to move the coop over to the pen next to the stables soon. The empty grid is a plot expansion that I'll need 32 quality sprinklers for, but by the time I'll have the mats for it it'll be close to the end of the season, so that'll wait until summer. My farm is still humble, I haven't gotten into money-making schemes like hops or any other kind of artisan goods.
How are you people taking these vast overhead screenshots of your farms?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Bad Seafood posted:

How are you people taking these vast overhead screenshots of your farms?

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/484fj1/how_to_zoom_out_with_a_nvidia_graphics_card/

On my 2560x1440 monitor, I've got enough width to where I only need to take one top and one bottom screenshots, and connect them together.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Revol posted:

Spring 11, Year 2
My farm is still humble, I haven't gotten into money-making schemes like hops or any other kind of artisan goods.

You should at least get a couple cheese / mayo machines so your income from animal products go from 'pitiful' to 'modest' - 1 per animal is ideal to save time but making 2 stops per day is doable, 3 is a pain in the rear end.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Revol posted:

Are artifacts of any use once I send the first one into the museum? I don't imagine they are used in any crafting, and the ones I've sold seem to be completely useless pricewise.

For the most part, no, but any new ancient seed artifacts can be crafted into seeds.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Just gambled away 400 tickets at the fair gently caress

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Really, I didn't even dress up.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Can I use my PS4 controller to play this on a Win10 machine? Or is it 360 or bust?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
For anyone who uses, or wants to use, the modding API and mods that depend on it, there's a way to have Steam launch the API EXE rather than the regular game EXE.

Right-click Stardew Valley in your library, Properties, click Set Launch Options, then in the box that pops up you need to put the full path to the API EXE, followed by %command%.

For example, mine is:

quote:

"D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\StardewModdingAPI.exe" %command%

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

a shameful boehner posted:

Can I use my PS4 controller to play this on a Win10 machine? Or is it 360 or bust?

Yeah, get InputMapper and it will register your Dual Shock 4 as though it were a 360 controller.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Anyone know what happens to your animals when they get loose?

I uhh, left my gate open. Will they eat all your crops and run away?

Princey
Mar 22, 2013

nonpromqueen posted:

They'll be fine. I have four chickens, a cow, and a duck, I let them outside regularly, and I have never built a fence.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

nonpromqueen posted:

They will go nicely back to bed at six.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Also I learned rather quickly that while I loving LOVE the rustic look of the wood fences the upkeep is stupid. So iron fences it is. Ugh.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Wooden fences decay?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

HopperUK posted:

They will go nicely back to bed at six.

Out of curiosity, what happens if the entrance to their building is blocked in some way? (Like closing it manually during the day or a closed gate.)

Bad Seafood posted:

Wooden fences decay?

They do. gently caress, they do. As do stone walls and iron fences. Hardwood fences don't seem to decay, though. (At least the ones I've put up have lasted two seasons with no decay.)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

m2pt5 posted:

Out of curiosity, what happens if the entrance to their building is blocked in some way? (Like closing it manually during the day or a closed gate.)

I don't know! I did have a cow get stuck on a cheese machine. I imagine they might get stuck outside.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

m2pt5 posted:

They do. gently caress, they do. As do stone walls and iron fences. Hardwood fences don't seem to decay, though. (At least the ones I've put up have lasted two seasons with no decay.)
That wouldn't be weird if not for the fact that nothing else in the game seems to suffer the same consequences (your crops never spoiler, machinery never breaks down).

Given how lax and forgiving the game is about everything else, I can't say I understand implementing that unless it's something from an older build of the game that never got patched out.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Can anybody tell me why my tomatoes continually degrade me with speech bubbles such as "worthless fat gently caress" and to "move out of moms house."

I'm trying on both fronts what the gently caress is wrong with me and my life. I want to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
lovely fences are a legacy mechanic from Harvest Moon.