Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

kiimo posted:

Garry Marshall is a very very old man who may or may not have dementia and is somehow guilting people into making movies with him like your grandma guilts you into bingo night.

Those movies are probably sweet gigs, I assume most of the budget goes to the actors involved and with the ensembles as big as they are they're only shooting like 20 minutes of film a pop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Whites: the movie

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Wow, this really catches the eye. Kind of awesome in its deliberate ugliness.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

They're doing it again.

"Whose side are you on?" was a much better tagline.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Cap's posters should be "United We Stand" and the Stark ones be "Divided We Fall"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't think this has a release date yet but I saw it a couple years ago at a festival and it was great. Strong Misery vibes from it.

e: the little blood mark that forms the apostrophe is a key thing in the movie

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

Cap's posters should be "United We Stand" and the Stark ones be "Divided We Fall"

Cap's the bad guy though.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Is the tagline seriously just "destroy"?

Also another series of Daredevil posters. He's really angry that they chained him to this chimney:

Lol, these 2 are just so clueless:

Very Shakespearean:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Palpek posted:

Also another series of Daredevil posters. He's really angry that they chained him to this chimney:

It's actually a reference to Saint Sebastian, they probably felt that having Daredevil being skewered with arrows would be a little to on the nose

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Palpek posted:

K whatever, I'll destroy I guess

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Maybe there is companion poster that says "build"?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Palpek posted:

If you wait a couple minutes the "defend" will be posted.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Palpek posted:

It's a polite request to make May a day shorter. "Please destroy May 27th, TIA"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

????

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Palpek posted:

No, it's "Only the Strong Will Survive." It's pretty obvious there's going to be another poster with the X-Men on it on the way.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

Palpek posted:

At least they improved it:

Still, it's just some generic chick so idunno.

This is being moved from April 1 to January 2017 now. I think it was filmed back in 2014.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Red_Museum posted:

This is being moved from April 1 to January 2017 now. I think it was filmed back in 2014.

That's definitely a gently caress you it's January movie.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vagabundo posted:

No, it's "Only the Strong Will Survive." It's pretty obvious there's going to be another poster with the X-Men on it on the way.

Next week I just found out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Red_Museum posted:

What's the deal with horror movies lately and massive delays?

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

muscles like this? posted:

That 7 years of perfecting Area 51 by Oren Peli was definitely worth it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rewrite and reshoot? Probably adding more jumpscares including a BLOOOGHAGHALSKDGHALSKDGHA! scare at the end?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Cool New Thing™ changes monthly, so any studio horror film requires a reshoot to feature that Cool New Thing™.

The VVitch is doing well, so they're probably stealing its ending, and now that paranormal activity is dying they probably cut the found footage angle. And It Follows and Babadook were really cinematic, so they're probably adding a brown filter and adding long shots of characters contemplating fate.

And there's probably been at least fifteen meetings about whether or not to sell it as a period piece with millionaires who have no idea how they got where they are shouting "Woman In Black" and "Crimson Peak" at each other.

When the dust has settled it will be released to a mediocre opening weekend despite 8% on rotten tomatoes.

It'll make $200,000,000 globally because the final cut features a Chinese pop star for about 8 seconds.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

All these X-Men posters just make me want to play X-Men Legends 2 again.

Byzantine fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 9, 2016

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The Cool New Thing™ changes monthly, so any studio horror film requires a reshoot to feature that Cool New Thing™.

The VVitch is doing well, so they're probably stealing its ending, and now that paranormal activity is dying they probably cut the found footage angle. And It Follows and Babadook were really cinematic, so they're probably adding a brown filter and adding long shots of characters contemplating fate.

And there's probably been at least fifteen meetings about whether or not to sell it as a period piece with millionaires who have no idea how they got where they are shouting "Woman In Black" and "Crimson Peak" at each other.

When the dust has settled it will be released to a mediocre opening weekend despite 8% on rotten tomatoes.

It'll make $200,000,000 globally because the final cut features a Chinese pop star for about 8 seconds.

It's a Blumhouse movie. More likely answer: they've got a turkey on their hands and they're having a hard time finding a distributor to foist it upon. Same thing happened to Green Inferno.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

LORD OF BUTT posted:

It's a Blumhouse movie.

Oh is it? Then I guess it does end with a jump scare at the end.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In light of The Ring vs The Grudge, perhaps the new horror trend ahould be dueling haunted places. A rich paranormal enthusiiast decides to airlift the entire Amityville house to his estate, but on the way there something went wrong and the house falls right on top of the Belasco House.

Then in the sequel, that same guy transfers the Overlook Hotel piece by piece to a paved-over Maine pet cemetary.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I can't hate that, he looks so happy :allears:

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

effectual posted:

I can't hate that, he looks so happy :allears:

Is it because he's ready to tongue Joe Manganiello's rear end crack?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

:lol:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The MSJ posted:

In light of The Ring vs The Grudge, perhaps the new horror trend ahould be dueling haunted places. A rich paranormal enthusiiast decides to airlift the entire Amityville house to his estate, but on the way there something went wrong and the house falls right on top of the Belasco House.

Then in the sequel, that same guy transfers the Overlook Hotel piece by piece to a paved-over Maine pet cemetary.

With remakes and Cinematic Universes being so big I'm almost surprised that there hasn't been some attempt to remake a bunch of old Stephen King movies only with all the Derry/Castle Rock/Dark Tower stuff intact if not even more prominent.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Palpek posted:

Now here's an actor combo I haven't seen yet:

Also those tacked-on heads.

The poster is boring as gently caress but the trailer looks amazing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uvKw1b7bxM

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Basticle posted:

The poster is boring as gently caress but the trailer looks amazing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uvKw1b7bxM
A Nic Cage movie I want to see, what is this, 1980-something?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Stare-Out posted:

A Nic Cage movie I want to see, what is this, 1980-something?

He's made about 15 good movies since 1990, its really only about 2005 that things started to go sharply downhill. And I'm not including stupid, yet fun movies like Con Air, Snake Eyes and Face Off.

Edit: to be fair, its really only about 10 good movies but my point stands.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Croods, Drive Angry, Bad Lieutenant, and Knowing are all great Cage movies IMO

And all within the past like 10 years

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Vintersorg posted:

The Croods, Drive Angry, Bad Lieutenant, and Knowing are all great Cage movies IMO

I can't be mad at Cage. He started with a string of classics, after that sure he made some stinkers but then he's back in a terrific movie every few years and gently caress, that's more than most actors manage to.

http://i.imgur.com/U75QIay.webm

http://i.imgur.com/W6CLCqD.webm

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Vintersorg posted:

Man everyone forgets Lord of War.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sleeveless posted:

With remakes and Cinematic Universes being so big I'm almost surprised that there hasn't been some attempt to remake a bunch of old Stephen King movies only with all the Derry/Castle Rock/Dark Tower stuff intact if not even more prominent.

They are working on a Dark Tower movie, so maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?