Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Stallion Cabana posted:

Deku is the traitor

Actually an interesting possibility since there is a possible link between All For One and One For All that could be exploited with an otherwise useless quirk or as a facet of All For One. For instance, what if along with granting powers All For One knows where those powers are, or at least the general area. Alternatively if there was a quirk that let you know where similar quirk holders were, that could also be used. Or, Hands could have slipped something onto Deku's person at the mall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Didn't Aoyama make some weirdo faces at Ururaka at some point? Not saying that is validating the traitor theory, but still.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

gnome7 posted:

The reasoning behind it is because Aoyama is one of the only people whose location and actions were completely unknown during the first villain attack. I don't really buy it but it isn't like it came out of nowhere - Aizawa is convinced there must be a traitor, so looking back for students who haven't done much yet/have been in weird places at weird times is a reasonable place to start when making theories.

The most recent chapters give us a much more reasonable answer for why Aoyama didn't tell anyone where he was or what he was doing during the first villain attack, though. He was probably hiding - the guy is clearly terrified of actual villains, and who can blame him? His power can't protect him, and he's still just a teenager, possibly the least physically fit teenager in the class.

But we didn't know he was a coward until the previous two chapters, so "he was the mole!" became a theory. And people like to stick to a theory.

The traitor might not even be aware that they're betraying the team due to brainwashing or mind control or whatever but Aoyama being completely missing was definitely suspicious.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
If there is a traitor, they're not necessarily a student. And unless not even the principal knows where the training took place, there's people who aren't there that could also have leaked the location, knowingly or not. For instance, that one mind control guy could probably do it. People he mind controlled seemed hazy and had a very poor recollection of what they did while under his control. He could easily have used his quirk to interrogate someone. Or copycat guy could have copied that mind control quirk and done it. Or maybe some villain has a quirk that would let them covertly gather info.

Basically what I'm saying is that speculation is pointless because not even the characters really have much of an idea of how the location got leaked at this point.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
People guessing who the traitor is makes sense, because the manga itself flat out ASKS YOU THE QUESTION: "How did the villains find the camp?". Aizawa wonders why outloud (is is disturbed by the thought), and like one or two of the stinger lines for a couple chapters ask why too.

So yeah, they got info again somehow. Aizawa suggested they broke in when hands melted UA's gate for the USJ attack. This time, they took every single precaution and the badguys STILL found the camp.

Only the people ON the trip presumably knew. Maybe the principal could know too?

I figured it was Aoyama since as mentioned he was the only person who was definitely unaccounted for during the USJ attack, and he wasn't in frame when it showed the boy's bunk the night before the attack (and there was a very conspicuously empty bed). Turns out he was just a coward. :shrug:

A lot of people suspect Hagekure because she somehow knew what Oijiro and Todoroki were doing despite them being in completely different areas during the USJ attack. That kinda came off like a translation error to me so again, :shrug:.

So um, I got no idea now. Could've been one of the kittycats I guess, but one got KO'd, two actually nearly captured villains, and Ragdoll is presumably splattered all over the forest.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Fabricated posted:

People guessing who the traitor is makes sense, because the manga itself flat out ASKS YOU THE QUESTION: "How did the villains find the camp?". Aizawa wonders why outloud (is is disturbed by the thought), and like one or two of the stinger lines for a couple chapters ask why too.

So yeah, they got info again somehow. Aizawa suggested they broke in when hands melted UA's gate for the USJ attack. This time, they took every single precaution and the badguys STILL found the camp.

Only the people ON the trip presumably knew. Maybe the principal could know too?

I figured it was Aoyama since as mentioned he was the only person who was definitely unaccounted for during the USJ attack, and he wasn't in frame when it showed the boy's bunk the night before the attack (and there was a very conspicuously empty bed). Turns out he was just a coward. :shrug:

A lot of people suspect Hagekure because she somehow knew what Oijiro and Todoroki were doing despite them being in completely different areas during the USJ attack. That kinda came off like a translation error to me so again, :shrug:.

So um, I got no idea now. Could've been one of the kittycats I guess, but one got KO'd, two actually nearly captured villains, and Ragdoll is presumably splattered all over the forest.

Or maybe she just took off her cat ears and gave them to that Noumu to make it look like it had killed her. See? There's simply not enough information at this point to go beyond gut feelings and very vague speculation that "well we haven't seen <person> in a while so maybe they're a traitor." There may not even be a traitor, and instead the villains just had information about known sites associated with heroes and scouted them out with a sneaky quirk. The theories have nothing meaningful and if any of them turn out to be true it'd be out of sheer luck.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I can't be the only one who doesn't care at all who the spy is or even about their existence, can I?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The traitor is all of you, and the crime is AIDS.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Wild Horses posted:

I'm gonna be sad if next part of the story is : "find the legendary healing quirk for deck"

all for one has a super healing quirk

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Slime posted:

Or maybe she just took off her cat ears and gave them to that Noumu to make it look like it had killed her. See? There's simply not enough information at this point to go beyond gut feelings and very vague speculation that "well we haven't seen <person> in a while so maybe they're a traitor." There may not even be a traitor, and instead the villains just had information about known sites associated with heroes and scouted them out with a sneaky quirk. The theories have nothing meaningful and if any of them turn out to be true it'd be out of sheer luck.

Big fan of mysteries, I see. Making theories based on information given isn't the craziest thing in the world.

Also, it's fun to speculate.

Anime is fun.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Vengarr posted:

Big fan of mysteries, I see. Making theories based on information given isn't the craziest thing in the world.

Also, it's fun to speculate.

Anime is fun.

Shh, saying that is why they put you in here!

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Kyte posted:

Speaking of, it's out in mangastream.

Bakugou's warning sounded more concerned than angry. Huh.
I read the chapter in Japanese and he says "Kuru na" which could probably be translated to "Back off". Just watch, the other translation group is going to go for something coarse and unnecessary, like "gently caress off, Deku!"

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Jose posted:

Had a super healing quirk. He gave it to the Noumu.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Wild Horses posted:

I'm gonna be sad if next part of the story is : "find the legendary healing quirk for deck"

he'll probably just be out of commission for a while and they'll focus on side characters/bakugou and the villain alliance.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Jose posted:

He got rid of it because it didn't heal wounds received before he acquired the quirk, which of course wouldn't work for Deku's current situation

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

kinmik posted:

Just watch, the other translation group is going to go for something coarse and unnecessary, like "gently caress off, Deku!"

Well, it's out now and no they didn't. They opted to go with "Stay away, Deku." It still doesn't quite come off the same as "back off" though since it has very clear implications of concern and worry. Were it anyone else, I'd say that's fine and dandy considering the context but with Bakugou toward Deku of all people...

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Dragonatrix posted:

Well, it's out now and no they didn't. They opted to go with "Stay away, Deku." It still doesn't quite come off the same as "back off" though since it has very clear implications of concern and worry. Were it anyone else, I'd say that's fine and dandy considering the context but with Bakugou toward Deku of all people...
Like it's been a really long time for me but 'kuru na' literally is something like "don't come [here]". I interpret it as expressing concern- particularly since he didn't yell it.

edit: I was re-reading some chapters again and I didn't realize this one online reader I don't normally use added Tsukkomu. Sometimes they add to the experience.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 14, 2016

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Manatee Cannon posted:

he'll probably just be out of commission for a while and they'll focus on side characters/bakugou and the villain alliance.

his arms and probably legs are shattered and he's got extensive skin lacerations and probably internal trauma as well. Might even have a concussion or two.
This is pretty serious stuff for this manga and im curious how its gonna be handled

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Recovery Girl will heal him, just like last time he annihilated his arm.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Maybe, but this really aint like last time

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
physical consequences aside, he really can't be faulted with how he handled this situation. what was he supposed to do, die and let kouta get killed?

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

the plot was written in a way to force him to be unprepared in a major way just to have that fight happen, and it was the weakest part of that arc tbh

the training was interrupted again, the opponent has the same sort of quirk, but stronger. He also has a civilian to save and no friends in sight.

Pretty weak on aizawa's part too

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hey nonny nonny, we got character designs!

Mina is played by Eri Kitamura (Sayaka in Madoka)

Jirou is played by Kei Shindou (Zenkichi in Medaka Box)

Aoyama is played by Kousuke Kuwano (This is his first role!)

Shouji is played by Masakazu Nishida (Kyouma from Gunslinger Stratos)

Kouda has no VA listed :<

Satou is played by Toru Nara (Nukesaku in Stardust Crusaders)

Ojiro is played by Kosuke Miyoshi (First role of note)

Sero is played by Kiyotaka Furushima (Not a lot of stuff I recognize, here ya go https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiyotaka_Furushima)

Hagakure is played by Kaori Nazuka (Tsubaki in Soul Eater)

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Hagakure! S-so lewd!

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
It must be tough being Hagakure. Are her injuries invisible? An invisible wound would be tough to treat. ID would be impossible too. Imagine you handed someone an ID card with a picture that's just the collar of your clothes. And nobody looks you in the eyes when they talk to you because they can't see your eyes.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Sugarman is the gamest superhero of the class

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kouda probably has no VA because for a long time he never speaks. Though I'm surprised at him being flesh-colored ; I thought he'd be more rocky.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Hagakure could really do with some boots.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

Kouda probably has no VA because for a long time he never speaks. Though I'm surprised at him being flesh-colored ; I thought he'd be more rocky.

I think the first time he's spoken is this current arc. At the very least, it provides us with some kind of idea on where the anime will end off.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Waffleman_ posted:

Hey nonny nonny, we got character designs!

Sero is played by Kiyotaka Furushima (Not a lot of stuff I recognize, here ya go https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiyotaka_Furushima)

His helmet is a roll of tape

How did I not see this sooner

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It looks really odd when the tape on his arms is flesh colored.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

That giant fleshy tail... It's kinda disturbing in color.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Waffleman_ posted:

he looks like luke skywalker

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
kouda actually having normal-colored skin really weirds me out

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

JD posted:

That giant fleshy tail... It's kinda disturbing in color.

It grosses me out in a way that I didn't imagine was possible. I think it's the weird muscle/sinew details.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Countblanc posted:

he looks like luke skywalker

Maybe it's the boots reminding me of goku but I always imagined him wearing an orange gi.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Ojiro has one of the worst cases of "show, don't tell". We've been told over and over that he has amazing test scores and is a huge badass but he doesn't really get to do anything. I really hope he lives up to the hype and just lays magic people flat with tail martial arts.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Always loved Mina's design and she looks great as expected.

Go Pinky.

Speaking of it's really a shame she and the other remedial students actually did not get to do anything.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 15, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also the pattern on her supersuit looks less weird than it does in colored manga illustrations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Some day manga will arrive to the current century and in one we will discover that there is no traitor, the bad guys just hacked their iPhones.